Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise - Autos (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise (50094 Views)

4 Months Used Corolla @ 1.850k 07 Model At Berger / Buy Fully Duty Paid Cars At Pocket Friendly price At Berger Auto Market / My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by banio: 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2021
Virgohills:
So it happened on the 22nd of January 2021.

I wanted to buy a Toyota camry 2013 for a client who already sent me some money to buy it at budget of 3.9m or 4m+ if seen. So I was in search of this car here and there. I checked all car platforms then I saw a red Camry 2012. I call the number (I had no true caller on my phone as at this time. We spoke briefly, said she will get back.

A woman later reached out to me saying we just spoke concerning the camry, that one has been sold. But I have another one at Berger. How much do you want you spend I said 3.8m even if its 011 or 012 its ok.

She said fine. Start heading for mile two. When you get there call ife 07039281760 he is my boy and he waiting for you at the office. I called. He told me to drop at UBA in Berger that he will pick me up. When I got to UBA i dropped called and he came. Then i followed him to see the car his madam said i should come and buy.

I saw the Camry it was super neat. I sent it to my client. He loved it. He just called said I should go ahead and buy it for him. I said okay.

Actually the car cost due to its grade is around 5.5million. But the person the phone who led me here the supposed madam of ife assured me not to worry that the car belongs to her and her husband and she has spoken with her husband that I can make payment to her and she will sort it out.

Meanwhile she already told the people there whom are the owners of the cars that I am just a mechanic that I came to help her confirm car and that she is the one pay. That they should let me test drive the car.

This is a classical example of fraud. Guess she could have frauded unlucky victims via this means. You were just lucky by the whiskers.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by thatigboman: 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2021
AdemolaA2:
I don’t know if we have bankers in the house that could be of help .. I need to know how long it takes for a refund to be gotten after submission of a court order to the bank . ..
what if the money had been withdrawn by the fraudster?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by K4daniel: 12:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
Zoharariel:

The woman's bank account details below should be reported to the appropriate authorities & be flagged.

GTBank
Name: Oshinubi Adeola oluwabumi

Her number: +234 808 679 8163

This criminal should be arrested and jailed so that others can learn and desist.

Oh I realise we are in Nigeria where anything goes..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Emperorx: 12:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
overdrive:
Women tooi always thought scamming was a man’s domain?
says who my dear any one can scam any one
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Kayharry(m): 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2021
Virgohills:

The Fathers House Akute
lolz I Sabi father's house opposite paradise street
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by legalwealth(m): 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2021
legalwealth:

Is buying a vehicle that risky for one to involve a lawyer in the purchase process? I don't think it is necessary.

My registered and licenced business "Autos and Cartalk" has been helping people to buy vehicles without involving lawyers and we have been doing fine to the glory of God.

To read more about how we operate, you can read "Buying Used Cars/Vehicles In Nigeria Either Nigeria Or Foreign Used Made Easy" here => https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/buying-used-cars-vehicles-in-nigeria-either-nigeria-or-foreign-used-made-easy.295/
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by greggng: 12:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
Virgohills:

I wanted to buy a Toyota camry 2013 for a client who already sent me some money to buy it at budget of 3.9m or 4m+ if seen. So I was in search of this car here and there. I checked all car platforms then I saw a red Camry 2012. I call the number (I had no true caller on my phone as at this time. We spoke briefly, said she will get back.

A woman later reached out to me saying we just spoke concerning the camry, that one has been sold. But I have another one at Berger. How much do you want you spend I said 3.8m even if its 011 or 012 its ok.

She said fine. Start heading for mile two. When you get there call ife 07039281760 he is my boy and he waiting for you at the office. I called. He told me to drop at UBA in Berger that he will pick me up. When I got to UBA i dropped called and he came. Then i followed him to see the car his madam said i should come and buy.

I saw the Camry it was super neat. I sent it to my client. He loved it. He just called said I should go ahead and buy it for him. I said okay.

Actually the car cost due to its grade is around 5.5million. But the person the phone who led me here the supposed madam of ife assured me not to worry that the car belongs to her and her husband and she has spoken with her husband that I can make payment to her and she will sort it out.

Meanwhile she already told the people there whom are the owners of the cars that I am just a mechanic that I came to help her confirm car and that she is the one pay. That they should let me test drive the car.

I buy car from Berger all the time....I help people to buy if the can Pay for my services ..Berger is not a place you enter and start looking for cheap car...only cheap car lockers are prone to scam. They ve association ...well organise ....u pay buyer fee and receipt will be given to you . This fee ranges from 5k ,10k and maximum 20k. ..before you go to Berger ensure you know a trusted person their ....that is an advantage .....mostly greedy people fall for this .....you can still buy the car at cheap price and as you are about to live on your way security operatives will stop you ....you 've become a criminal ....everything na arrangement

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Pharaoh4rin(m): 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2021
You're street smart.

Perhaps you took those precautions because the car was not yours, or else, the euphoria would have pushed you into payment with observation.

Once again, you're smart. Keep it up son
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Nnannapat(m): 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
Nigerian youths, I raise nyash for una.

This is what I saw when I called the woman's mobile number

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by AreahCode: 1:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
Chai,why na
Oh my god. Why u no pay na. I for don dey happy. Oya go talk to the devil,cos God save u today,u for pay like white
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by okewumi: 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
ShenTeh:
Thank God for you @ Virgonhills.

Usually when I want to transact business with a stranger, i google his/her phone number and account number when given.

It has saved me a lot. Eg, i just type your phone number+fraud or +scam,.

Anybody who does not give you full address on the first go is a total no-no.

If anybody tries to or defrauds you, please come online like the op did, even if it is on your Facebook page or Twitter, to call out the person with all the person's details that you have. It will save others.

Waaooo. I tried it now and it brought a nairalander that defraud me of data asomugha ifeayin onyebuchi by name and google brought his name. Chai

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by AdemolaA2: 1:14pm On Jan 24, 2021
thatigboman:
what if the money had been withdrawn by the fraudster?

450k was actually withdrawn immediately the transfer was done and then after I reported to the bank and also submitted all the required documents. I went back again like a week after and the customer care attendant told me same
Amount was credited back into her account and she has 899k in the account now . Just waiting for the refund as I have done all the necessary things .

6 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Beblessedbaba: 1:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
@virgohills Please flag this with GTBank so that the account is blocked.

Concisely share the entire information and details with GTBank so that this fraudster account and bvn is blocked and flagged respectively.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by weyreypey: 1:22pm On Jan 24, 2021
Virgohills:

Thanks.
Congratulations bro. Big congratulations.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by onegig(m): 1:22pm On Jan 24, 2021
overdrive:
Women tooi always thought scamming was a man’s domain?

They use women now to lower your hindrance .

Your normal thought process is that a woman would not be involved in scam thus removing your inhibitions.

We all just need to be careful. Too many people prowling.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by xperiencelove(m): 1:23pm On Jan 24, 2021
OP, I have reported the case to EFCC. They win swung in action tomorrow. Can I have your phone number or email to give you feedback?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
DelTel:
This was the same format almost used on my friend who wanted to buy a Lexus last year December grin.

Anyone telling you to come to a bus-stop and then you call before he will now take you to see a vehicle is most likely a fraud! A vehicle owner/dealer must give you his/her address; alternatively, if he/she is a striker, he/she can tell you to meet up at a popular spot, say a shopping mall or an eatery, to show you the vehicle.

Most importantly, awoof dey run belle, be weary of cheap deals.

Virgohills dodged a ballistic missile from underworld grin, praise God.

That inspiredm boy almost used that tactic on me far back as 2009...crook told me to bring my money to meet him at mr biggs when his so-called showroom was just few metres away from there

I just lock up. I no come Lagos come count bridge

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by fowlyansh181(m): 1:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
southniyikaye:
abeg tag am as oloriburuku car scammer
what I see on Truecaller when I search for her number

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:33pm On Jan 24, 2021
Virgohills:

Where would I have started from sir.

One DPO for don dey use your back do stool by now!

Go do Thanksgiving o!

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by esthervera(f): 1:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
Thank God you didn't send her the money yet, you would have vomit the money you didn't swallow to the owner.congratulations
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by NisforNicky: 1:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
Zoharariel:

The woman's bank account details below should be reported to the appropriate authorities & be flagged.

GTBank
Name: Oshinubi Adeola oluwabumi

Her number: +234 808 679 8163

cc

lalasticlala mynd44 Ishilove Dominique seun https://nairacheck.com
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Eagban(m): 1:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
F117nighthawk:
You want to buy a car worth 5.5m for 3.7m and u don't want them to scam you abi? U sef be thief that is always the problem with u Nigerians always looking for cheaper things and wanting to think u are smart, not wanting to pay the right values for things, Just thank your God for saving u
This your comment is useless... I believe you didn't read the story.

4 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by weyreypey: 1:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

and someone said he was meticulous grin
Don't let me scam you

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by binarykid(m): 1:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
How is the Ife guy not a party to the whole scam? as in how is he not picked up for further questioning? So someone that you do not know from anywhere can just call your number and instruct you to go to the bus stop and meetup with a total stranger and you will just carry yourself and go? This is not right at all (I believe that Ife guy knows more than he has stated).

At OP You have every reason to be grateful for this escape. Sadly, her type are still out there wrecking havoc.

I have also learnt alot from your story

5 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by fowlyansh181(m): 1:42pm On Jan 24, 2021
dannybrasky:
Kubwa stand ABUJA.

Well dressed Hajia walked into an innocent mechanic workshop who was doing his job jejely,asked him to help inspect a car,told him she would pay 100k for the inspection if the deal falls through.
On hearing 100k for inspection,innocent mechanic left what he was doing and followed Hajia like a sheep.

They both boarded uber to a car stand in kubwa,she pointed at a 2017 camry,mechanic did his inspection and certified car ok.

Hajia asked she test drive the car,she hopped in,drove off to test drive,left mechanic with the car dealer. 5mins passed,10mins to 30mins Hajia was no where to be found. It was then they asked mechanic,where is Hajia, he replied,I don't know her from Adam, I was working under a car when she came into my workshop,asked me to help inspect a car for 100k in return.

Long story short, Hajia was never seen,neither was the 2017 camry. Mechanic still cooling off in kuje prison as we speak. N8million gone into the wind.
i no understand this scam, wetin really happen?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by illitracy: 1:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
One faithful day in 2011, I majestically walked to julious berger with 800k, hoping to buy a ferrari, I was charmed. Came back with a 1992 mitusbishi lancer that faced left but moved straight. Rusted car that always smelled like a dead rat. God saved me my village people assassinated the engine and I became free from it. Run from that Berger car stand.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by fowlyansh181(m): 1:44pm On Jan 24, 2021
einsteine:
Go to car stand with a lawyer and mechanic and buy but no, we all want "deals".
why we no go want deals? You see money anywhere easily for Nigeria? It’s not a crime for wanting deals
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by asobo: 1:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
Virgohills:

Congratulations sir. I just can't imagine what you would be going through if you had fallen.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by OBIPLUS(m): 1:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
Thanks for the enlightement, any body will fall for this method if not for God's grace, hope after NIN and phone number linkage, all these will be a thing of past, women are topping in scam nowadays.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Lastmankc(m): 1:51pm On Jan 24, 2021
Nigerians and awoof.You want to buy a car of 5.5m for just 3.7m.Awoof dey purge belle oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Need A Totoya Camry 2000/01 Xle or Avalon 2000/01 XLS / ****WOOOWW!!!! SUPER DUPA HOT CAR DEALS********� / IVM Expansion: Igwe Nnewi Endorses Plan, Blesses New Location(photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.