Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

God Is Pleased With Only One Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Pleased With Only One Church (2918 Views)

Reason Why Our Prayer Is Not Being Answer And The Solution!!! Pleased Read / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / God Is Pleased With Only One Church (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Pleased With Only One Church by chyke27(m): 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2011
Sometimes,I hear believers and unbelievers alike argue about the churches doing the will of God and those who have derailed. The truth is,only one church is right before God and that church in itself is neither denominational nor congregational. It is the church,within the church and its membership spans every tribe,tongue,people and land.
"For you have come to mount zion,the city of the living God,and thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly and to the church of the first born,whose names are written in heaven,to God,the judge of all and to the spirit of righteous men made perfect,and to Jesus Christ,the mediator of the new convenant and the sprinkled blood that speaks better things than the blood of Abel"-Heb 12:22-24.
From the scriptures,we can see that the church as known and recognised by God comprises of men and women on earth whose names are written in heaven. It also comprises of the elders who have gone to be with the Lord,now waiting for us to overcome and come into heaven. From the foregoing,it is obvious that whichever congregation you belong to or doctrine,you defend,the most important question you should ask yourself is "is my name written in heaven?" Are you sure your name is written in heaven? If it is then you are blessed indeed for that is true blessing. One falsehood
Preached by so-called men of God in churches today is the equation of material and financial acquisition to blessing and giving men impression that God is happy with them because of physical endowment. There are many going about playing church,bearing pastor,bearing anglican,redeemer,winner etc. But the truth is,your physical church is not what God recognizes, but the church within your church comprising people whose names are written in heaven. They may be two,ten or a hundred in number even if nominally,you have fifty thousand as membership. The sad thing about the church is that there are many whose names have been removed from the records of heaven and on the broad road to hell and yet,they do not know it. It is the tragedy of creation that today,the world,all the world is condemned before God,yet many that think they are part of the church stand condemned with the world because of sin."Don't you know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God, " Do not be decieved my friend,ask Jesus to open your eyes,the eye of your spirit to know the truth,if you gain this understanding by knowing the word of God for yourself and not because someone is telling you about Him,then are you blessed. You must know Jesus for yourself. For a man to be part of the church within the church,such must be born again and, hold it! being born again is just the beginning not an end in itself,for without holiness,no eye shall see the Lord.
Peace!
Re: God Is Pleased With Only One Church by Natasha2(f): 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2011
hmm that's right
Re: God Is Pleased With Only One Church by yankidelta(m): 5:10am On Apr 04, 2011
This has always been my thinking and by extension my ideology regarding religion, u r damn right!!
Re: God Is Pleased With Only One Church by beloveeed: 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2011
chyke27:

Sometimes,I hear believers and unbelievers alike argue about the churches doing the will of God and those who have derailed. The truth is,only one church is right before God and that church in itself is neither denominational nor congregational. It is the church,within the church and its membership spans every tribe,tongue,people and land.
"For you have come to mount zion,the city of the living God,and thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly and to the church of the first born,whose names are written in heaven,to God,the judge of all and to the spirit of righteous men made perfect,and to Jesus Christ,the mediator of the new convenant and the sprinkled blood that speaks better things than the blood of Abel"-Heb 12:22-24.
From the scriptures,we can see that the church as known and recognised by God comprises of men and women on earth whose names are written in heaven. It also comprises of the elders who have gone to be with the Lord,now waiting for us to overcome and come into heaven. From the foregoing,it is obvious that whichever congregation you belong to or doctrine,you defend,the most important question you should ask yourself is "is my name written in heaven?" Are you sure your name is written in heaven? If it is then you are blessed indeed for that is true blessing. One falsehood
Preached by so-called men of God in churches today is the equation of material and financial acquisition to blessing and giving men impression that God is happy with them because of physical endowment. There are many going about playing church,bearing pastor,bearing anglican,redeemer,winner etc. But the truth is,your physical church is not what God recognizes, but the church within your church comprising people whose names are written in heaven. They may be two,ten or a hundred in number even if nominally,you have fifty thousand as membership. [size=15pt][s]The sad thing about the church is that there are many whose names have been removed from the records of heaven and on the broad road to hell and yet,they do not know it.[/s][/size] It is the tragedy of creation that today,the world,all the world is condemned before God,yet many that think they are part of the church stand condemned with the world because of sin."Don't you know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God, " Do not be decieved my friend,ask Jesus to open your eyes,the eye of your spirit to know the truth,if you gain this understanding by knowing the word of God for yourself and not because someone is telling you about Him,then are you blessed. You must know Jesus for yourself. For a man to be part of the church within the church,such must be born again and, hold it! being born again is just the beginning not an end in itself,for without holiness,no eye shall see the Lord.
Peace!

I read thru your post until the striked write up for which i queried it. Are you sure that God can "REMOVE" a persons name and is it scriptural? pls kindly show such a scripture. thanks smiley
Re: God Is Pleased With Only One Church by cmeerkat: 11:03pm On Apr 11, 2011
There are a couple of scriptures that deal with falling away. The most worring is probably the following one:

Heb 6:4  For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5  And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6  If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

In terms of being removed:
Rev 2:4  Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Rev 2:5  Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Other passages
2Pe 1:9  But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2Pe 1:10  Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

1Ti 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2  Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

And Paul talks about running the race in such a manner as to win the prize. So it must be possible to run it in such a manner that we will not!

1Co 9:24  Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

I don't think this means that only one person will win the prize but rather that we need to train ouselves and have dedication, like a runner who trains to win a race.
Re: God Is Pleased With Only One Church by chyke27(m): 10:18am On Apr 15, 2011
There is a song that goes along this line;
O my Lord is writing all the time, my Lord is writing all the time, for He sees all you do and He hears all you say, my Lord is writing all the time.
The scriptures made it clear that heaven has records of every deed or action of every man and every thought of the heart,be it good or evil from birth to death.Rev 20:12-"I saw the dead,great and small,standing before God,and the books were opened,including the Book of Life,and the dead were judged according to the things written in the books,each according to what he had done.V15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the Book of Life,such was thrown into the Lake of fire."
From the above scriptures,it is clear that the most important book in which a person ought to ensure that his name is found in, is that Book of Life. But the question is,can a person's name,once written, be removed from the Book of Life?
As we have established,a person's name is written in heaven when He encounters and receives Christ Jesus as Master and Saviour. In other words,every follower of Christ MUST be Born Again before they are empowered with the ability to become christ-like or christian. Jesus said to His disciples "do not rejoice that the devils are subject to you but rejoice that your name is written in heaven". Such was Judas Iscariot,I mean, he was actually born again and his name,written in heaven before sin was found in him,leading him to betray Jesus .So What do you think happened to his name when sin overtook him? Of course,God removed it from the Book of Life.God's dealings with Moses explains further. "So Moses returned to the Lord and said,'oh,these people have sinned a great sin,and have made for themselves god of gold.Yet now if you will only forgive their sin-and if not,then blot me out of the book you have written'.And the Lord replied Moses 'whoever has sinned against me will be blotted out of my book"-Ex 32:31-33.You can see from this text that as early as the old testament,Moses and possibly others who knew God truly already knew that God was keeping records of the lives of men,that nothing was hidden in the sight of Him who dwells in unapproachable light, and that sin and disobedience causes a blotting out or erasure of a person's name from the all important Book of Life. Born Again has become a mantra with which many in the church give themselves false hope of assurance of redemption even when they continue in their sins. Many pastors fail to tell their congregation that unless they overcome sin,that they have no part in the kingdom of heaven simply because the pastor himself is still struggling with sin;anger,hatred,evil thought,etc and therefore does not believe in the overcoming life that Christ alone gives. One fact that you cannot wish away is that sin,no matter how small,will prevent a man,even a man born again,from entering into the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is meant for the believer who overcomes the flesh with its sinful desires and nature,the world and the way they do their things and the devil. Another scripture that implies that a believer's name could be removed from the book of Life because of sin is Rev 2:5 -"Think about those times of your first love(how different now!) And turn back to me again and work as you did before,or else I will come and remove your candlestick from its place among the churches."In Rev 3:5 it says "Everyone who conquers will be clothed in white,and I will not erase his name from the book of Life,but I will announce before my Father and His angels that he is mine". That is clear enough. As I earlier stated the church recognised by God is not the one your eyes see, but the church within the church,those in the church within the church are those whose names are in the Book of Life.But sin takes a man out of that church,even though he may remain in the outer 'church' who are going nowhere, for Christ said that "whosoever commits sin is a slave to sin,now the slave has no permanent place in the house,but the son abides in it forever". In other words,the church within the church is comprised of sons who are free from the entanglements of sin and have their names written in heaven while those outside this church is made up of slaves,slaves who are not free to live in the liberty that Christ gives,slaves in the chains and bondage of sin,slaves under the command of another master; sin and consequently,satan. Dear Christian,dear believer,pastor,choirmaster, only one thing can root you out of the kingdom of heaven and make you lose your place among those who are sanctified by faith in Christ Jesus,only one thing; S-I-N. My prayer for you and me is that the Lord give us understanding to live continually and till the end,the Overcoming Life. And that our candlesticks continually remain in the prescence of the King. That is my prayer,in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Peace!
Re: God Is Pleased With Only One Church by chyke27(m): 10:36am On Apr 15, 2011
There is a song that goes along this line;
O my Lord is writing all the time, my Lord is writing all the time, for He sees all you do and He hears all you say, my Lord is writing all the time.
The scriptures made it clear that heaven has records of every deed or action of every man and every thought of the heart,be it good or evil from birth to death.Rev 20:12-"I saw the dead,great and small,standing before God,and the books were opened,including the Book of Life,and the dead were judged according to the things written in the books,each according to what he had done.V15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the Book of Life,such was thrown into the Lake of fire."
From the above scriptures,it is clear that the most important book in which a person ought to ensure that his name is found in, is that Book of Life. But the question is,can a person's name,once written, be removed from the Book of Life?
As we have established,a person's name is written in heaven when He encounters and receives Christ Jesus as Master and Saviour. In other words,every follower of Christ MUST be Born Again before they are empowered with the ability to become christ-like or christian. Jesus said to His disciples "do not rejoice that the devils are subject to you but rejoice that your name is written in heaven". Such was Judas Iscariot,I mean, he was actually born again and his name,written in heaven before sin was found in him,leading him to betray Jesus .So What do you think happened to his name when sin overtook him? Of course,God removed it from the Book of Life.God's dealings with Moses explains further. "So Moses returned to the Lord and said,'oh,these people have sinned a great sin,and have made for themselves god of gold.Yet now if you will only forgive their sin-and if not,then blot me out of the book you have written'.And the Lord replied Moses 'whoever has sinned against me will be blotted out of my book"-Ex 32:31-33.You can see from this text that as early as the old testament,Moses and possibly others who knew God truly already knew that God was keeping records of the lives of men,that nothing was hidden in the sight of Him who dwells in unapproachable light, and that sin and disobedience causes a blotting out or erasure of a person's name from the all important Book of Life. Born Again has become a mantra with which many in the church give themselves false hope of assurance of redemption even when they continue in their sins. Many pastors fail to tell their congregation that unless they overcome sin,that they have no part in the kingdom of heaven simply because the pastor himself is still struggling with sin;anger,hatred,evil thought,etc and therefore does not believe in the overcoming life that Christ alone gives. One fact that you cannot wish away is that sin,no matter how small,will prevent a man,even a man born again,from entering into the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is meant for the believer who overcomes the flesh with its sinful desires and nature,the world and the way they do their things and the devil. Another scripture that implies that a believer's name could be removed from the book of Life because of sin is Rev 2:5 -"Think about those times of your first love(how different now!) And turn back to me again and work as you did before,or else I will come and remove your candlestick from its place among the churches."In Rev 3:5 it says "Everyone who conquers will be clothed in white,and I will not erase his name from the book of Life,but I will announce before my Father and His angels that he is mine". That is clear enough. As I earlier stated the church recognised by God is not the one your eyes see, but the church within the church,those in the church within the church are those whose names are in the Book of Life.But sin takes a man out of that church,even though he may remain in the outer 'church' who are going nowhere, for Christ said that "whosoever commits sin is a slave to sin,now the slave has no permanent place in the house,but the son abides in it forever". In other words,the church within the church is comprised of sons who are free from the entanglements of sin and have their names written in heaven while those outside this church is made up of slaves,slaves who are not free to live in the liberty that Christ gives,slaves in the chains and bondage of sin,slaves under the command of another master; sin and consequently,satan. Dear Christian,dear believer,pastor,choirmaster, only one thing can root you out of the kingdom of heaven and make you lose your place among those who are sanctified by faith in Christ Jesus,only one thing; S-I-N. My prayer for you and me is that the Lord give us understanding to live continually and till the end,the Overcoming Life. And that our candlesticks continually remain in the prescence of the King. That is my prayer,in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Peace!
Re: God Is Pleased With Only One Church by princeonx: 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2012
^^^
How much will you pay me if I read all that history you wrote?

(1) (Reply)

Daily Manna From Www.dclm.org / Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists / Bestiality Brothels In Germany. Abusers Sex With Animals As A Lifestyle Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.