Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? (20471 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 29, 2013
I just want to know cos we were having a serious argument yesterday. Some people said nothing is wrong with it from the originality point of view cos tithe was meant for evangelism and for destitutes which any church paid into it could do if truly willing. Some said your tithe must go to the church where you worship as a member.

Clarifications i need please!
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by christemmbassey(m): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2013
RedBenson: I just want to know cos we were having a serious argument yesterday. Some people said nothing is wrong with it from the originality point of view cos tithe was meant for evangelism and for destitutes which any church paid into it could do if truly willing. Some said your tithe must go to the church where you worship as a member.

Clarifications i need please!
tithe is the BIGEST FRAUD IN HUMANITY, THERE IS NO SINGLE VERSE IN D ENTIRE BIBLE WHERE CHRISTIANS ARE COMMANDED TO PAY 10% OF THEIR SALARIES/WAGES TO GOD, JESUS, PASTORS OR CHURCH. Yes we should give /contribute and help each other, if u pay tithes to get anything from God, it means, what Jesus did at d cross was nt for you, you are still in ur sins. Bro mbok, kop akpan iko. Mkpa Jesus ono nyin uked mkpo tithe imikemeke ndino. Abasi, udiong fi.

15 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by UyiIredia(m): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2013
2nd to comment. Christembassy beat me to it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by frank317: 9:52am On Sep 29, 2013
It is wrong to pay tithe, stop bribing God with material things like cash, it is an insult to the creator of the universe. He is not a human like u.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2013
[quote
author=christemmbassey]tithe is the BIGEST FRAUD IN HUMANITY, THERE IS
NO SINGLE VERSE IN D ENTIRE BIBLE WHERE CHRISTIANS ARE COMMANDED TO PAY
10% OF THEIR SALARIES/WAGES TO GOD, JESUS, PASTORS OR CHURCH. Yes we
should give /contribute and help each other, if u pay tithes to get
anything from God, it means, what Jesus did at d cross was nt for you,
you are still in ur sins. Bro mbok, kop akpan iko. Mkpa Jesus ono nyin
uked mkpo tithe imikemeke ndino. Abasi, udiong fi. [/quote]
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by chaplin4u: 11:13am On Sep 29, 2013
frank3.16:
It is wrong to pay tithe, stop bribing God with material things like cash, it is an insult to the creator of the universe. He is not a human like u.

Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 3:12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

74 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by chaplin4u: 11:14am On Sep 29, 2013
[quote author=RedBenson][/quote]

Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 3:12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by chaplin4u: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2013
christemmbassey: tithe is the BIGEST FRAUD IN HUMANITY, THERE IS NO SINGLE VERSE IN D ENTIRE BIBLE WHERE CHRISTIANS ARE COMMANDED TO PAY 10% OF THEIR SALARIES/WAGES TO GOD, JESUS, PASTORS OR CHURCH. Yes we should give /contribute and help each other, if u pay tithes to get anything from God, it means, what Jesus did at d cross was nt for you, you are still in ur sins. Bro mbok, kop akpan iko. Mkpa Jesus ono nyin uked mkpo tithe imikemeke ndino. Abasi, udiong fi.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by mumumugu(m): 11:49am On Sep 29, 2013
Noooo, diffrent church different blessing
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
Noooo to mi its not wrong shebi its God u r giving it to n He sees ur mind.......

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by smart134: 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
frank3.16:

Are u 4rm dis planet Can u bribe God Read Malachi well ma broda

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by SalC: 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
Go to your Church but pay your tithe in God's temple, ( the poor and needy around you) for our body is the temple of God.
Sorry if you think I twisted the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by olymurphy(f): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
You pay your tithe to the church that needs it most.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by funshybam(m): 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
please read deut 14
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
The church is all for one man CHRIST...so u can open account in one branch and deposit in another branch

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
tithes is a personal agreement btw u n ur God. What u believe works 4u. its nt a sin if u dont pay tithes. its gud 4u 2 pay bc its all 4ur own good.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by hancock(m): 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
The church and money is like bee and honey. Inseparable and yet insatiable

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by k2039: 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
I pay my tithe to my own church.

But, their is nothing wrong in paying your tithe to another church since you are paying to God and God is universal (not just your church).

Besides, I speak not of the Lord but myself, I think it's better to pay your tithe to a church who needs it (a church which is still developing) if your church is already established (your church is rich enough to cater for her needs).

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by try69: 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
The day we start paying our tithes to the poor man we walk past on the street everyday of our lives, the world will become a better place.

@op tithes no compulsory but I trust our MOGs with the threats they dish out to members who don't pay. cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Djtm(m): 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
Nope. It is not wrong to do so. However, it will be "wrong" to pay your tithes to another church when your church is in one kind of need or another. If your church is already rich then it is cool to support another developing church with your tithe.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Wolef7(m): 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
try69: The day we start paying our tithes to the poor man we walk past on the street everyday of our lives, the world will become a better place.

@op tithes no compulsory but I trust our MOGs with the threats they dish out to members who don't pay. cheesy
And what are the threats.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by humblesteve(m): 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
As for me, notin is totally wrong wit dat as far as u claim dat d tithe is nt meant for church.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
But this tithe was mentioned in d old testament. How come our pastors ignore other old testament rules except tithe.
They tell us that Christ has died therefore u can wear anything to church, and however u get d money,no one cares as long as u pay tithe

Some even go 2d extent 2tell u tithe is d only way to attract God's blessings. So my question is isnt d book of malachi also in d old testament? I mean before the same Christ died?

Scammmmmmmmmmm alert

8 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
Yes, it's wrong

Different churches, different pastors...
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by moscobabs(m): 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2013
there is a particular Church I went to before I got my Job ,the Pastor there seems to be man of God.when He attended to me he said I'm gonna get the job only if I promise to be paying my tithe in his church.I was thinking that the idea is wrong but when u don't have job u will be desperate to day yes to everything then I agreed.I got the job in 2009 and I paid my tithe to his church for complete 2yrs even when I was transfed to benin i was paying it to his church account before I finally stop that so called tithe.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Davefirst(m): 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2013
Good contributions, I think it's right to pay your tithe where your mind direct you to do. You might think your tithe in the church you service is not accounted for and pay it to church you know you will have rest assurance... That's just my view..

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Mr4tunate: 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2013
[quote author=RedBenson][/quote]
Baba, speak English Jor!!!
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Alumnus: 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
For the past 2 months my tithe has always been paid to the needy around me, am waiting for anyone to prove me wrong. If you choose to pay tithe then give it to where it will be needed whether it is your church or not.

Matt 25:44-45 "Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me."

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by PrinceIkye: 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2013
I think there is nothing wrong in so doing.which ever church the Holy spirit directs you to pay ur thithe to pls do. It is written dat he will give us the holy spirit to direct us in whatever we r to do (especially when it concern de church).

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by kingteeee: 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
All I knw is dat tithe is compulsory for every christian

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by koyla: 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
chaplin4u:

you are wise, God bless you for proving "unbelievers " and "church goers " wrong,,,,,, to me, tithe is paid to God and not compulsory of the church I pay to, though, other churches are against tithes, I see it's because of greediness. thanks again wise man, God bless you a lot.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by djeezy(m): 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
What is important is that you pay your tithe. If I suspect a pastor to be crooked, I'll simply put my money elsewhere. Pronto!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! / How Chris & Anita Oyakhilome’s Children Are Coping / Funny Prayer Request(s) You've Ever Heard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.