Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,383 members, 7,954,554 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:04 PM

Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina (584 Views)

Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot / Boko Haram: Why I Haven’t Criticised Buhari Despite Borno’s Worsening Insecurity / Picking Peter Obi Will Not Make Yorubas Vote Against Atiku – Ajulo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by nedu666: 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2021
The events playing out in oyo has been foretold and witnessed by the yorubas under the government of lam adeshina.

Buhari travelled from kastina to oyo to confront lam adeshina with anger and fury not expected from an ex president. He told adeshina your people are killing my people and threatened fire and brimstone.

Yorubas despite what happened under lam adeshina still went ahead to champion buhari presidency. If as ex president buhari would champion fulani herders cause then imagine what he will do as president.

Yorubas need to justify the reason for voting buhari. Would they have voted for another person from a different ethnic group if he did same thing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by CodeTemplar: 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
Same reason Igbos and Yourubas voted Atiku despite many things.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by wealthgoddess: 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
nedu666:
The events playing out in oyo has been foretold and witnessed by the yorubas under the government of lam adeshina.

Buhari travelled from kastina to oyo to confront lam adeshina with anger and fury not expected from an ex president. He told adeshina your people are killing my people and threatened fire and brimstone.

Yorubas despite what happened under lam adeshina still went ahead to champion buhari presidency. If as ex president buhari would champion fulani herders cause then imagine what he will do as president.

Yorubas need to justify the reason for voting buhari. Would they have voted for another person from a different ethnic group if he did same thing.

OP I can see you are probably an adult...
but please with respect sir, for the sake of semi indomie children like us...kindly tell us more about Lam Adeshina (as you put it)
I had to do a Google search to know who he is...

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by BigSarah(f): 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2021
Seeing how each major tribe is at each others throats because of 2023, shameful and stupid... Separate already nothing makes sense here
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by nedu666: 1:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
CodeTemplar:

Can you explain better
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by privaldo: 1:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
wealthgoddess:

OP I can see you are probably an adult...
but please with respect sir, for the sake of semi indomie children like us...kindly tell us more about Lam Adeshina (as you put it)
I had to do a Google search to know who he is...

This thread should give you an idea of what the Op is saying: https://www.nairaland.com/6374519/throwback-day-lam-adesina-clashed
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by HallaDaTruth: 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2021
CodeTemplar:

The last time i checked. Atiku is not Nigeria's president
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by Iamgrey5(m): 1:07pm On Jan 24, 2021
He came to beg lam.Adesina because his people were killed in Bodija ibadan.
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by CodeTemplar: 1:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
HallaDaTruth:

The last time i checked. Atiku is not Nigeria's president
Nobody can tell which candidate will win by casting a vote.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by AlfaB: 1:10pm On Jan 24, 2021
If we say why, they ban us.

Let everybody just siddon dey watch the unfolding film.
Their eyes go clear by themselves.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by happney65: 1:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
I doubt if Lam adeshina were to be alive he would have supported Buhari during the electioneering in 2015..But hey they are all politicians..Buhari came to Ibadan and threatened a sitting govornor then, all because people of the oke-ogun area fought back after they have been killed and maimed for years..

When we told them then that they are being used for propaganda, them say na lie una no dey listen..and by the way,The Man that brought him to win the ticket for APC knows he is a disaster waithing to happen but he also wants to become president in 2023..2023 is here, May Nature give us Long Life and prosperity to experience it and more years to come

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by Asgard13: 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2021
Because of their hatred for IGBOS AND IJAWS ..

Simple!

Now them Dey collect careless grin
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by Alba3: 3:22pm On Jan 24, 2021
Yorubas don't have permanent enemies and not emotional at all but very very tactful.

If you show yourself as friend, you're welcome; if you start showing yourself as enemy, we treat you as such.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by Shaolin0147(m): 4:17pm On Jan 24, 2021
nedu666:

So na today u knw that Yorubas are nothing but incompetent fools, they have no single sense
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by omoharry(f): 4:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
nedu666:

Greed .. They thought what happens with Yar'dua and Jonathan, would play out with Buhari & Osibanjo , But they calculated wrongly . Secondly, they pay heed to what ever thier political leader (Tinubu ) says, hook line and sinker without thinking it through and are always ready to vote whoever he support as a candidate . I am not referring to all the Yorubas but those all SW APC supporters . Even prof. Soyinka ( a leaned man, who knew who pres . Buhari was in 1984, also joined the back wagon of the sai babas') I thought he was suppose to be the voice of reason, to caution the young supporters that were not born then about who Buhari was and who he is still but I don't know why him and his likes closed thier mind to what they knew and supported Pre.Buhari anyway .

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by Osaze007: 4:33pm On Jan 24, 2021
nedu666:

Same reason Igbo voted shagari after civil war

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by Tap0lane: 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
You bigoted Igbo father would have answered this beta than any one else. It is simply the same reason foolish Igbos like yourself voted Shagari n Why Azikiwe handed his birthright to Tafawa.

nedu666:

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by cocolacec(m): 4:42pm On Jan 24, 2021
Osaze007:

Voted for another fulani Atiku in 2019
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by Elvinci101: 4:45pm On Jan 24, 2021
Yorubas and Betrayal are like Siamese twins connected by brain. If you're in doubt, read up any history book on Afonja and Alimi. The former sold his birthright and that of his generations (Yorubas) to come to the latter, a Fulani over a plate of Tuwo Shinkafa mixed with Ewedu. Afonja had a choice of hustling his way out of poverty but chose to sit his yansh all day smoking and drinking while waiting to collect land proceeds from Fulani Herdsmen rearing their flocks on his land.

Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
grin grin grin grin Like it or not the Igbos have six sense for things like this!

They saw Buhari for who he is! They refused to be bribed, refused to cower despite all the power at Buhari's disposal, even as we speak, he is still oppressing them, they stood their ground

If to say them don give Tinubu the kind beating them give Ike Ekweremadu, we for no dey this situation

Anyways, it's never late! I like the way they are backing Igboho!!!
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by VirginFinder: 4:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
Because GEJ looked on while Ijaw militants wreaked havoc in Lagos and Ogun creeks. cool
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by VirginFinder: 4:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
Igbos are stuck in 2015.

Quite unfortunate! embarassed
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:54pm On Jan 24, 2021
VirginFinder:
Because GEJ looked on while Ijaw militants wreaked havoc in Lagos and Ogun creeks. cool
Is like you lived in a different Lagos undecided

Militants were wrecking havoc on pipelines by humans, even at that he employed people to protect the pipelines

GEJ wasn't nepotistic! He developed the North even more than the South, so what's the basis for the comparison here

Why can't you guys say the truth for once
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by AlhajiImam: 4:55pm On Jan 24, 2021
Stop talking rubbish. It wasn't Yorubas that gave him second tenure. Every one voted him because he's loved by many.
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by nedu666: 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
Osaze007:

You mean shagari played a role in the civil war.
Re: Why Did Yorubas Vote For Buhari Despite What Happened Under Lam Adeshina by nedu666: 7:03pm On Jan 24, 2021
Tap0lane:
You bigoted Igbo father would have answered this beta than any one else. It is simply the same reason foolish Igbos like yourself voted Shagari n Why Azikiwe handed his birthright to Tafawa.

Who is this son of an idiot. Mannerless pig

(1) (Reply)

Hausa/yoruba Clash: Four Feared Killed As Residents Allege Soldiers Only Protect / President Buhari To Embark On A 20-day Private Visit And World Summit In UK / Infrastructure: This Is Just The Beginning, More To Come Before 2023 — Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.