Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,348 members, 7,868,006 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:45 AM

Pastor,pdp Man Beaten Over Alleged Electoral Materials’ Smuggling In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor,pdp Man Beaten Over Alleged Electoral Materials’ Smuggling In Enugu (691 Views)

SHOCKING PHOTOS: Customs Officers Kill Man While Smuggling In Bags Of Rice / Student Treks From Kano To Abuja To Protest Alleged Electoral Malpractice In Tar / Too Much Money: This PDP Man Poses With Piles Of Naira Notes - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor,pdp Man Beaten Over Alleged Electoral Materials’ Smuggling In Enugu by Chyz2: 12:40am On Apr 04, 2011
[size=15pt]Pastor, PDP man beaten over alleged electoral materials’ smuggling[/size]

News Apr 4, 2011

By Tony Edike

ENUGU-A Pastor and a politician said to be a chieftain of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, were severely beaten up by angry youths in Igbo-Eze South Local Government Area of Enugu State on Saturday for allegedly aiding the smuggling of electoral materials meant for the botched National Assembly election from Ibagwa-Aka police station.

The cars used by the victims to convey the electoral materials were damaged by the youths said to be supporters of opposition parties who had gathered at the police station for the distribution of the electoral materials.

Shortly after the incident, an angry mob went to town and destroyed some of Governor Sullivan Chime’s campaign bill boards in the area.

Another violence during the botched National Assembly elections was reported at Alor-Agu in the same council, where another politician was also brutalized.

The victim, whose name could not be ascertained, is said to be a member of one of the opposition parties who may have challenged certain politicians over the handling of materials.

An eyewitness said the politician’s head was battered by his assailants.

The ordeal suffered by the pastor who hails from one of the communities in the local council area, according to the eyewitness, started when the vigilant youths resisted attempt by the politicians to use their private cars to convey electoral materials to the polling booths.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/pastor-pdp-man-beaten-over-alleged-electoral-materials-smuggling/
Re: Pastor,pdp Man Beaten Over Alleged Electoral Materials’ Smuggling In Enugu by obowunmi(m): 12:41am On Apr 04, 2011
They should have burnt him to death.
Re: Pastor,pdp Man Beaten Over Alleged Electoral Materials’ Smuggling In Enugu by Chyz2: 12:46am On Apr 04, 2011
obowunmi:

They should have burnt him to death.

From the way things are going on with the Nigerias are not playing with this rigging stuff this year. There are more cases like this across the country. I smell fear from PDP. cool
Re: Pastor,pdp Man Beaten Over Alleged Electoral Materials’ Smuggling In Enugu by jensinmi(m): 1:26am On Apr 04, 2011
Chyz*:

[size=15pt]
ENUGU-A Pastor and a politician said  to be a chieftain of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP.

A Pastor and PDP Politician.  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Two sets of word that should never be seen in the same sentence.
Re: Pastor,pdp Man Beaten Over Alleged Electoral Materials’ Smuggling In Enugu by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 04, 2011
jensinmi:

A Pastor and PDP Politician.  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Two sets of word that should never be seen in the same sentence.

Jensinmi, kilo ya e l'enu ninu oro yii?

Ko si kan ti ko le s'ele ni naija.

Anywaz, se ala ni?
Re: Pastor,pdp Man Beaten Over Alleged Electoral Materials’ Smuggling In Enugu by jensinmi(m): 4:04am On Apr 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Jensinmi, kilo ya e l'enu ninu oro yii?

Ko si kan ti ko le s'ele ni naija.

Anywaz, se ala ni?

Alaafia ni me e a ooooooooooh

Hope you are keeping up with Gov. Fayemi's antics.
Re: Pastor,pdp Man Beaten Over Alleged Electoral Materials’ Smuggling In Enugu by obowunmi(m): 5:03am On Apr 04, 2011
I bet this PDP pastor is a member of Redeemed church.
Re: Pastor,pdp Man Beaten Over Alleged Electoral Materials’ Smuggling In Enugu by Nobody: 5:07am On Apr 04, 2011
obowunmi:

I bet this PDP pastor is a member of Redeemed church.

Only an active member would know what the church is capable of. How often do you guys smuggle in this your redeem[i]ed[/i] church?
Re: Pastor,pdp Man Beaten Over Alleged Electoral Materials’ Smuggling In Enugu by Nobody: 5:08am On Apr 04, 2011
jensinmi:

Alaafia ni me e a ooooooooooh

Hope you are keeping up with Gov. Fayemi's antics.

I am o, my brother.

(1) (Reply)

My Voter's Card Is For Sale / Nigeria Leads Africa In Agricultural Research & Investment - International Study / Akala Loses To Ajimobi In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.