Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets (18761 Views)

Despite Importation Ban: Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets / Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets / Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:58am On Jan 25, 2021
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:01am On Jan 25, 2021
Reference:

Sometimes you cannot have an economic revolution without a cultural revolution first.

If you are told smoking is bad for your health and you should chew gum instead to prolong your life then certain habits have to die. Our taste for foreign imports is one half of the reasons we cannot balance our books.

There is just no way out of that vicious cycle with a cultural revolution. We as Nigerians just have to begin to like what we make and once that is established then we improve to whatever degree we want. That is how all nations develop.

We appear to be a people of terribly weak will power.
For how long boss, will this continue? Need I remind u that people have been eating this stone and sand filled rice for close to a year now on a regular.
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by AKWATGOLD1(m): 9:06am On Jan 25, 2021
Who is fooling Who?

When our government cannot protect our borders. This porous border is also a escape route for the politicians whenever they wanted to run out of government surveillance.
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Judolisco(m): 9:16am On Jan 25, 2021
Freestainworld:
Our local farmers can't meet up with mouth of Nigerians when it comes to food productions, we consumes a lot of rice, and they can't help the matter either as greed have taken over them, so, it's better to import rice to rival with them and to reduce cost of purchase of this product.
they can meet up d problem is greed they want to sell a bag 30k or 25k haba quarter na 10k rice wey get stones fa
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by ofuonyebi: 9:28am On Jan 25, 2021
NIGERIANS WITH THEIR SHAMEFUL PSYCHE ROBOT LIFE;

YOU CLAMOUR FOR REVOLUTION AND RESTRUCTURING EVERYDAY

WHEN YOU CANNOT DO WITHOUT CHINA & TAIWAN RICE;
MADAGASCAR COVID-19 VACINES IMPORT

ALL NOBI POLITICS?
USELESS BRAINLESS IDIOTS
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Powersurge: 9:37am On Jan 25, 2021
Reference:

Sometimes you cannot have an economic revolution without a cultural revolution first.

If you are told smoking is bad for your health and you should chew gum instead to prolong your life then certain habits have to die. Our taste for foreign imports is one half of the reasons we cannot balance our books.

There is just no way out of that vicious cycle with a cultural revolution. We as Nigerians just have to begin to like what we make and once that is established then we improve to whatever degree we want. That is how all nations develop.

We appear to be a people of terribly weak will power.

Smiling. My brother, let it start from the top. You cannot be more Catholic than the Pope.

If the president go to uk for ear infection, who am I?
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Reference(m): 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:

For how long boss, will this continue? Need I remind u that people have been eating this stone and sand filled rice for close to a year now on a regular.

My dear we own this country (supposedly) and have no other. We are the drivers of our destiny. If we are not prepared to suffer to fix it, who will.

I myself abhor local rice. I cannot touch it. But I cannot blame anyone else but myself for that when faced with the truth of the consequences. That we are enriching others at our expense. Poverty or wealth are a choice.

I cannot see where wealth will come from if we cannot survive on our own. We certainly cannot borrow our way to prosperity. Who does that.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Reference(m): 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2021
Powersurge:

Smiling. My brother, let it start from the top. You cannot be more Catholic than the Pope.

If the president go to uk for ear infection, who am I?

I have said it many times before. Leadership in Nigeria is very poor. But if your daddy or my daddy was a drunk you have a choice of either becoming one or not.

It is a very hard thing but the world shows us that experiences can always change forthe better if people are willing to. If I have a habit that is killing me. The choice will always, ultimately be mine to make for the better.

Personally I will not deceive myself about Nigeria. If we donot develop a taste for our rice, warts and all, we CAN NEVER have food sufficiency or food security and if we cannot find a way to generate forex to cover our appetite we will remain poor.
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Stanleyq: 12:18pm On Jan 25, 2021
agwom:

https://dailytrust.com/despite-importation-ban-foreign-rice-floods-nigerian-markets
Its better open border and make it cheap than close it and rice will be costly, no way it cant come in.
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by ghettochild4u(m): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2021
agwom:

https://dailytrust.com/despite-importation-ban-foreign-rice-floods-nigerian-markets
This local farmers are selfish n wicked..
They banned importation n yet people went hungry n couldn't afford to buy local rice which in the first place cannot sustain the whole Nigeria.. now that foreign to is back n people can afford it, they are complaining.
We are our own problem.
These farmers n the govt needs to research how Thailand n all other rice producing countries became self sufficient first b4 importing Rice.
How can u ban a produce you cant sufficiently provide
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by steinalb(m): 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2021
That local rice too dirty with stones and too costly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrN0L20MMA4
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by chibnnodi: 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2021
The government, through the NCS have hands in all the shits going on.
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Asadujames202(m): 2:30pm On Jan 25, 2021
bunnae:

Heard it gets spoilt so easily too. The packaging, outlook and everything is just too discouraging. So are so dirty, that you might even need to wash with detergent first before you cook. cheesy. Nsukka market has some of the ugliest rice I have ever seen.

U carry breast no be small
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Sleekfingers: 11:34pm On Jan 25, 2021
agwom:

the custom should start going to shop to seize those foreign rice......maybe their head go correct.....

They should sending those idiots smuggling those rice .....we need to start eating ours....abi them use foreign rice swear for most nigerians ni?
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Sleekfingers: 11:36pm On Jan 25, 2021
nedu2000:
Foreign rice is sweeter and easier to done. Simple case of demand/supply

oh my God....english don suffer for your hand oooooo
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Sleekfingers: 11:40pm On Jan 25, 2021
lexy2014:

They should check that man on d left. There's some smuggled rice in his belly

can u imagine the pregnant man....
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Adau123(m): 11:41pm On Jan 25, 2021
inoki247:
ehn ehn leave people dat can afford foreign to buy their foreign how can foreign and local rice be at almost same range or 1k to 2k difference.....

Shey Saint Louis Sugar affect Dangote from selling iz sugar make dem allow us sort for our foods since the farmer can't meet up and also give us at cheaper rate...
The farmers are so wicked,we pray that before middle of the year foreign rice will be everywhere in this country.
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Adau123(m): 11:45pm On Jan 25, 2021
Wicked farmers and they processors they collaborate with Bubu to starve Nigerian,God will surely I reserved my comment.
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Coinbased: 11:58pm On Jan 25, 2021
ohhh
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by Tundex911: 7:56am On Jan 26, 2021
Why foreign won't enter the country, shey Herdsmen allow us to farm on our land again

All I sight na WAR
Re: Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets by nedu2000(m): 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2021
Sleekfingers:

oh my God....english don suffer for your hand oooooo
My priority is to send my message across. 'To cook'....noted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Quality & Affordable PET Bottle Preform Plastics Of Different Sizes & Colour / How Do You Make Sour Sop Fruit Ripe? / Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.