Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake (6505 Views)

RRS Patrol Vehicles Stationed In Strategic Points Across Lagos (photos) / As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! / Nigerian Troops Recapture Two Strategic Local Governments From Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by mbulela: 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2011
Tcrack:

this battle of words is starting to get boring. i wonder why nigerians so many cant reason.sebi you want to vote GEJ/ PDP because his name means goodluck,he is humble, he is friendly, he is fom the south south, ? go ahead, after 4 years, i will be here, you will be here, nairaland will be here and we will see Nigeria remain in the same sorry state it is in.

God bless you.
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by LADEMINUS: 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2011
pls let me correct u
GEJ SAID ''MY PARTY'S INTEREST ABOVE MY INTERESTS. MY CHIARMAN CAN CONFIRM; I AM NT BIGGER THAN D PDP''!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats what fresh air stands for.

Why any sane thinking progressive democrat will join a master nd its puppet in a debate is up for reason.

what i can never still believe he said was to have d temerity to insinuate that the problem with nigerian universities is accomodation. a lecturer for dat matter
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by tunnytox(m): 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2011
@OP
Can you please explain what your mean by 'Fresh air 2011' in your signature, thank you for your anticipated response.
Best regards
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by hbrednic: 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2011
small masqerades normaly do their songs and dances,after which they must give way to the main ojuju  cheesy cheesy cheesy
dont blame Mr Ribadu and Buhari,they came in first to clear the ground and set the stage where the BIG JOE finally performed to the satisfaction of all Nigerians.

GEJ is our trusted pilot to Jerusalem
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by Gbawe: 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
tunnytox:

@OP
Can you please explain what your mean by[b] 'Fresh air 2011' [/b] in your signature, thank you for your anticipated response.
Best regards

More like rancid air if you ask me .

What type of "fresh air" frustrates the course of justice , regarding murder  (Teslim Folarin) shocked shocked, just for the sake of gaining votes ?

Does "fresh air" become the campaign manager for an election rigger (Uduaghan)?

Will "fresh air" , as the leader of the PDP Party , place Bode George , a disgraced ex-con, into a prominent Party position (to the disgust of many PDP members ) becuase of the desperation to win Lagos by all means?

My brother , far[b] too many examples [/b] abound to indicate that , in reality , we are dealing with rancid and suffocating air. I can only conclude that some folks need to get their nose examined ASAP.
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by Beaf: 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
tunnytox:

@OP
Can you please explain what your mean by 'Fresh air 2011' in your signature, thank you for your anticipated response.
Best regards

Get a strong hint from my earlier post.

Beaf:

Abeg, quit all these long winded arguments. Why are your so called reformers (Ribadu and Buhari) now hugging and kissing Ciroma's corrupt cabal and trying to select a Northern consensus candidate (another Atiku)?
Is Nigeria only Northern? It is worthy of note that Buhari hardly even bothered to campaign in the South, not even in Lagos.

The battle is strictly between old and new; ethnic bigotry / born to rule and an all inclusive Nigeria.
It is quite clear now that the very same Ciroma cabal are holding nocturnal meetings with the three willing Fulani contestants.

Shame on them and their "born to rule" ways, we aren't deceived and Nigeria is being reborn.

More on the Northern consensus rubbish here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-638594.0.html

[size=14pt]Fresh Air 2011!!! cool cool cool[/size]
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by jaybee(f): 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2011
Tcrack:

this battle of words is starting to get boring. i wonder why nigerians so many cant reason.sebi you want to vote GEJ/ PDP because his name means goodluck,he is humble, he is friendly, he is fom the south south, ? go ahead, after 4 years, i will be here, you will be here,  nairaland will be here and we will  see Nigeria remain in the same sorry state it is in.

Its really sad.

This is not prophesy as such; [size=16pt]the handwriting on the wall is glaring[/size]. no wonder in babylon with all their  wisemen, philosophers, astrologers, magicians, soothsayers, seers, etc, etc  they could not read he handwriting on the wall. they gave up. Daniel had to be called in and he not only read, but interpreted it, rightly.

for another 4 years with clueless GEJ as captain of ship Nigeria in the midst of the uncertain ocean, plagued by the tsunamis of corruption and incompetence, and typhoons of ethnic, religious and sectional activism, waves of fear, timidity and docility, and the weight of ignorance, we are highly susceptible to fatal shipwreck. (the watchtower of America has been broadcasting this warning signal)

then we can only wish Nigeria still exist.

if she does, then those living may go ahead and compare with today.

that is, given the present state of mentality and action, i pity for nigeria
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by naijangel7(f): 6:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
Simple questions. why was the presidential debate re-scheduled to hold for 2 days instead of the original 1 day? Couldn't GEJ have debated with Pat Utomi and the other 2 candidates on the 29th? why was a new date created for GEJ after Buhari and Ribadu had already indicated they won't be there? Why were the invitations to Dele Momodu and Okotie cancelled at the last minute? Even a blind man can see the strategy behind all that date fixing and other shenanigans. Anything to make sure GEJ "debated" alone.
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by sleekymag(m): 6:09pm On Apr 04, 2011
there's no use crying over spilt milk. Jonathan is the man of the moment. Nigerians listened and watched both debates. Those who refused to come, sorry for them.
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by seanet02: 6:11pm On Apr 04, 2011
Nonsensical Reasoning by GEJ and Beaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by agabaI23(m): 6:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2011
More like rancid air if you ask me .

What type of "fresh air" frustrates the course of justice , regarding murder  (Teslim Folarin)  , just for the sake of gaining votes ?

Does "fresh air" become the campaign manager for an election rigger (Uduaghan)?

Will "fresh air" , as the leader of the PDP Party , place Bode George , a disgraced ex-con, into a prominent Party position (to the disgust of many PDP members ) becuase of the desperation to win Lagos by all means?

My brother , far too many examples abound to indicate that , in reality , we are dealing with rancid and suffocating air. I can only conclude that some folks need to get their nose examined ASAP.

Gbawe you raise points that don't really stick, please be objective in your reasoning and when you post or else you'd be exposed for who you are a man who drops post based on hearsay .

Teslim Balogun was never found guilty in the murder of eleweomo--- please can you provide facts where he was found guilty, He was arrested by the Police and remanded in prison custody-- please take note that the police discontinued the case based on the advice of the AG because there was no proof or complicity tying him to the murder charge, you can't just come calling him a murderer when a competent court of law has not adjudged him guilty of murder--- please be careful or else you might be in trouble calling a man a murderer when he isn't, if you have proof you can help the police with the investigation.

In the case of uduaghan the court ruled that the polls were fraught with irregularities, it never said uduaghan rigged or not, the only body indicted by judge monica muktar was inec which she claimed declared Uduaghan winner knowing that the electoral laws were not followed, and she ordered a re-run including Uduaghan in the re-run, please try and understand court judgements before coming to make absurd claims here, Uduaghan was never substituted by the court nor PDP so I wonder why GEJ shouldn't support a candidate put forward by his party, remember he is not above his party as he is also a party man.

As for the case of bode george please can you openly tell us the prominent position GEJ placed him after his release from jail ?

like i said earlier your back with your incoherent, skewwed and always flawed analysis.----- all the same welcome.

keep on breathing your rancid and suffocating Ribadu air--- we'd send you a tank of FRESH AIR when your about choking,
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by ziccoit: 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2011
Nigeria population is a broad based one with a lot of people falling within youthful range. I always wonder why we are so backward if youths really means progressives, changers, achievers, conquerors and refined thinkers.

A country moving backward at a rate we had never experienced before. We all know the causers. We fully understood how PDP has severely and consistently despoiling our collective morals, values, cultures and intelligent without impunity. Why do we really want this to continue?

The environment has made us arrogant, blunt reasoners and crooked thinkers. You would be surprised at reasons many bring forth to vote in a diabolic non-performing structure that plunged the nation into unfathomable hopelessness. You want to vote a man because you share the same town/city, state, region. The arrogance stent that would make your sorry state become hopelessness.

A quite, gentle and humble GEJ that understood how to manipulate PDP primary by emptying our treasury left too many questions on his character. A GEJ that always perform pendulum motions at serious issues threatened the existence of this nation would never be a good president.

If what I am seeing on this forum was enough to judge the futur of our dear country, Nigeria has a long way to go as the youths who are the hope of tomorrow are already derailing.
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2011
Simple questions. why was the presidential debate re-scheduled to hold for 2 days instead of the original 1 day? Couldn't GEJ have debated with Pat Utomi and the other 2 candidates on the 29th? why was a new date created for GEJ after Buhari and Ribadu had already indicated they won't be there? Why were the invitations to Dele Momodu and Okotie cancelled at the last minute? Even a blind man can see the strategy behind all that date fixing and other shenanigans. Anything to make sure GEJ "debated" alone.

Your really funny------ simple question to you, why couldn't NN24 also invite dele momodu, pat utomi and chris okotie, what was the basis in leaving them out of the debate, don't they also have supporters.

you complain of GEJ but forget these ones too right---- last i checked what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by tunnytox(m): 6:36pm On Apr 04, 2011
agabaI23:

[flash=600,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQuJihVkVHE[/flash]

Very funny @agaba123 please tell me why we should ever take these Nollywood actors very serioous? we know they are only doing their job which is ACTING by the way we already knew that many of them don't practice what they preach. Very comical though
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by JimmyBoy1: 6:44pm On Apr 04, 2011
babasoty:

Your really funny------ simple question to you, why couldn't NN24 also invite dele momodu, pat utomi and chris okotie, what was the basis in leaving them out of the debate, don't they also have supporters.

you complain of GEJ but forget these ones too right---- last i checked what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

I can accomodate any honest criticism or attack, but I am allergic to dishonest comments, how can any rational human claim that it was  better that Jonathan debated with himself, when they could have scheduled Pat Utomi or Chris Okotie to debate with him.

The reason for  the mischievous schedule is quite obvious, GEJ does not have the intelligence nor charisma to face Pat Utomi, he would have taken GEJ to the cleaners.

If there was nobody to debate with , why did they not throw the phone lines open?
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by naijangel7(f): 6:45pm On Apr 04, 2011
babasoty:

My issue isn't with inviting them or not. My issue is with inviting them and then SUDDENLY cancelling their acceptance. NN24 never invited those people in the first place! NN24 invited the top four people according to their polls. NEDG invited more than the top four  but then cancelled their acceptance AFTER Buhari and Ribadu said they weren't coming. AND THEN AGAIN fixed an extra new date April 30th from nowhere!! Only a blind man would not see that they were trying to make sure there was no debate for GEJ.
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by Dave6: 6:47pm On Apr 04, 2011
I see no reason why Buhari refused to take part in the debate that had a very wide Nigerian audience and in which the President took part. The same goes for Ribadu and Shekarau. But they can regularly and promptly go for midnight meetings with these very same Cartels who want someone they are sure they can easily control - a concensus Northern candidate.
I really laugh when I see supporters who believe that Buhari will get into the presidency and 'start throwing furniture all over the whole place'.
This is not a military dictatorship (where he claims all his actions were about anticorruption), this is the democratic dispensation. At least the cartel which calls him for midnight 'hope' meetings will subdue any existing good intentions he has.
Again, you should keep in mind that this is not a Military Dictatorship where even a 5-year old can be a brutal figurehead.
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by OWOLAYEMO: 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2011
The best of the worst! grin angry sad shocked cool tongue
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by skypopson(m): 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2011
am tired of the bias system of nigeria journalism.they keep covering these tyrants and the masses keep suffering.look at the countries with the best economy,the have active journal system that goes beyond limit to expose d wrongs of the public figures be it politicians or celebrities.the biggest question is why will debates questions be leaked to GEJ never the less the other candidates should have turned up and make good accusations against him.they all sucks.KILL THEM ALL
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by rashmo: 9:32pm On Apr 04, 2011
You and I know that that the presidential debate will not change anything from die hards who believe in their various candidates. Be it NOLLYWOOD,,
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by Gbawe: 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
babasoty:

Gbawe you raise points that don't really stick, please be objective in your reasoning and when you post or else you'd be exposed for who you are a man who drops post based on hearsay .

Teslim Balogun was never found guilty in the murder of eleweomo--- please can you provide facts where he was found guilty, He was arrested by the Police and remanded in prison custody-- please take note that the police discontinued the case based on the advice of the AG because there was no proof or complicity tying him to the murder charge, you can't just come calling him a murderer when a competent court of law has not adjudged him guilty of murder--- please be careful or else you might be in trouble calling a man a murderer when he isn't, if you have proof you can help the police with the investigation.

In the case of uduaghan the court ruled that the polls were fraught with irregularities, it never said uduaghan rigged or not, the only body indicted by judge monica muktar was inec which she claimed declared Uduaghan winner knowing that the electoral laws were not followed, and she ordered a re-run including Uduaghan in the re-run, please try and understand court judgements before coming to make absurd claims here, Uduaghan was never substituted by the court nor PDP so I wonder why GEJ shouldn't support a candidate put forward by his party, remember he is not above his party as he is also a party man.

As for the case of bode george please can you openly tell us the prominent position GEJ placed him after his release from jail ?

like i said earlier your back with your incoherent, skewwed and always flawed analysis.----- all the same welcome.

keep on breathing your rancid and suffocating Ribadu air--- we'd send you a tank of FRESH AIR when your about choking,

I know , from experience , that your retorts usually only expose your lack of comprehension and/or deliberate distortion but it is still shocking you take this statement to mean I have called Folarin a convicted murderer;
What type of "fresh air" frustrates the course of justice , regarding murder  (Teslim Folarin)  , just for the sake of gaining votes ?
I am sure it is obvious to most that I am infering to how Jonathan interfered to save Teslim Folarin from a possible murder conviction . You are probably the only Nairalander who does not knows that Folarin was miraculously acquited of all charges , when bail had previously been vehemently denied as they are now doing to the Akwa Ibom ACN candidate , only to then be whisked to Abuja , Courtesy of GEJ , to deliver Oyo delegate to Mr. President in the desperate bid to defeat Atiku. You are always quick to distort issues (very common with GEJ fans) and this is why I try to ignore you . Read the link below so you can be up to speed with the Teslim Folarin saga.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/opinion/16559-teslim-jonathan-and-electoral-moral-burden

With Uduaghan , save the semantics . Uduaghan profited from electoral malpractices enough for any President , cognisant of the need to set good examples, to give him a wide berth. That is the long and short of it and there is no ethical or moral ground upon which to belabour the point especially when we are talking of a nation where election rigging is endemic.

As for the Bode George issue you can see your ignorance exposed below . Please don't bother with further pedantism of the "what offficial role does George have" variety. Everyone knows Jonathan is the leader of the PDP . Slice or dice it anyway, GEJ should shun George (the ethically correct thing to do) rather than give him any electioneering role , however vague, in the Party. This is what GEJ did to the chagrin of other Lagos PDP members.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=13373

Jonathan’s meeting with PDP members in Lagos deadlocked[/b]BY WAHAB ABDULLAH & DAPO AKINREFON

[b]…Party divided over Bode George

LAGOS – PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan’s siege on Lagos for the state’s more than six million votes may have ended in a fiasco as his efforts might have left the party more divided than ever.

The closed door meeting held between President Jonathan and leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Lagos State ended on Sunday night with majority of party stakeholders boycotting the meeting over the prime role given erstwhile Deputy National Chairman of the party, Chief Bode George at the meeting.

The meeting called on the insistence of the President, was aimed at strategising on how to take over Lagos from the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, which currently controls the state.

Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by octavia: 2:04am On Apr 05, 2011
i wonder why people still consider 62yr old rtd general that during his active age fought against democracy,lucked up awolowo and Alex ekwueme,ousted shakari and wanted to decl Nigeria an Islamic state.What has he learnt during his years that he wants to be the president.How many jobs has he created,does he have light in his own village? he worked with abacha as ptdf chairman and we didn't see any tin down south.abeg abeg buhari send your son we would vote for him.
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by dayokanu(m): 2:07am On Apr 05, 2011
octavia:

i wonder why people still consider 62yr old rtd general that during his active age fought against democracy,[size=18pt]locked up awolowo[/size] and Alex ekwueme,ousted shakari

Can you substantiate the bolded part.

and wanted to decl Nigeria an Islamic state.

This also

he worked with abacha as ptdf chairman and we didn't see any tin down south.abeg abeg buhari send your son we would vote for him.

Everyone who schooled in the South saw what PTF did, Unless you arent of school age, or didnt bother getting an education
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by Shaunscot(m): 2:11am On Apr 05, 2011
Its good to make statements based on information and I will commend the op for strategically misleading the general populace.
Buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau might have boycotted the presidential debate organised by BON but were they the only presidential candidates?
There was Pat Utomi (who pulled out of the race earlier that day, Dele Momodu).
See Dele Momodu's tweet attached below. He was invited for the debate and then disqualified.
Bottom line is that BON clearly wanted only Jona in that debate to make him feel comfy.
And for those saying Buhari is Old, is Jonathan young at 54?

Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by octavia: 2:15am On Apr 05, 2011
Buhari and Bakare are our hope for change,

imagine somebody saying this.Pastor bakare should tell us what he knows about buhari,he should tell us how many jobs he has created in his church, Bakare sef na pastor or orator.he is even playing dirty politics by name calling.They say PDP has ruled for 12yrs,was buhari not in ANPP,let him show us what his governors achieved during those period,why did he leave his former party,he is even campaigning with abacha son on the same stage,marwa is now in cpc,tmrw gbenga daniels,james ibori would join them,they should be ready to accept bode george.

Abeg am waiting for the 500,000 JOBS TO BE CREATED THRU GAS revolution.

G.E.J the future
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by octavia: 2:24am On Apr 05, 2011
@dayokanu your very funny,ptf in the south,like ,lets talk in monetary terms,when he was busy constructing roads,go and find out about buhari and awolowo's passport.your talking about change when your feeling it already,for 20months he didn't dim it fit to conduct credible elections,you are here talking crab, who is buhari,he wants to fight corruption without idiagbon,i dey laugh o.
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by tenfour: 2:30am On Apr 05, 2011
[td]Quote
You fans of GEJ are amusing with the way you think GEJ will win and all will be well . It will end in tears for all of you . A man is blatantly aiding and abetting corruption, profligacy, grotesque fiscal irresponsibility , indolence and the hideous looting of our commonwealth yet you folks are here holding brief for him? This is a man , without any iota of doubt , who enjoys the support of the most ruinous hands in Nigeria , because they think in him they have found a 'soulmate', yet you all delude yourself that Nigeria can survive much longer under GEJ and his fourty thieves? Even the so-called debate was a joke and a disgrace. limp questions , asked with total deference , accompanied with listless, vague and condescending answers. A perfect example of the decietful 'arrangee' 419 con of Nigerians that is the hallmark of the PDP . Win or lose , GEJ is f.ucked . Na me talk am . guys like GEJ , because they are just simply not attentive and astute , are often the last to see the writing on the wall. Nigeria can simply not survive GEJ's free-for-all and everyone-act-as-bad-as-they-please leadership style . You all must think we are back in 1980. You guys are blind to what is very obvious. We have seen a lot of things , all negative , happen for the first time in our history under GEJ. This is only the beginning . The criminal is always the last to see that the game is up. [/td]

@GBAWE or whatever your name is, it is you, buhari, atiku, ribadu and your family that will all be in TEARS. Can you imagine? Are you cursing people just because of election. Is this a do or die affair? fool,
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by octavia: 2:35am On Apr 05, 2011
@jimmy boy,
i can accomodate any honest criticism or attack, but I am allergic to dishonest comments, how can any rational human claim that it was  better that Jonathan debated with himself, when they could have scheduled Pat Utomi or Chris Okotie to debate with him.

The reason for  the mischievous schedule is quite obvious, GEJ does not have the intelligence nor charisma to face Pat Utomi, he would have taken GEJ to the cleaners.

If there was nobody to debate with , why did they not throw the phone lines open?, blah blah

for your information,pat utomi has kicked the bucket,just imagine who you want G.E.J to debate with,pat was on the board of Bankphb,how far? the stage was meant for GEJ and the boys, but they chickened out when they found out that the whole naija was watching, as against the less than 4million viewership on the NN24 platform.Were u not impressed with G.E.J. have you ever listened to ribadu the common police officer or the old aged anti democracy buhari speak,the difference is clear, i will and i am are two different things,vote wisely for 500,000 jobs so that your family can also benefit
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by Gbawe: 6:14am On Apr 05, 2011
tenfour:

@GBAWE or whatever your name is, it is you, buhari, atiku, ribadu and your family that will all be in TEARS. Can you imagine? Are you cursing people just because of election. Is this a do or die affair? fool,

With your lack of adequate comprehension you have , yet again , provided another example of the poor quality of education on offer in Nigeria since you translate the common idiom "it will end in tears" to mean a curse .

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/It'll+end+in+tears

It'll (all) end in tears.
something that you say which means something will end badly and the people involved will be upset
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 05, 2011
I am sure it is obvious to most that I am infering to how Jonathan interfered to save Teslim Folarin from a possible murder conviction . You are probably the only Nairalander who does not knows that Folarin was miraculously acquited of all charges , when bail had previously been vehemently denied as they are now doing to the Akwa Ibom ACN candidate , only to then be whisked to Abuja , Courtesy of GEJ , to deliver Oyo delegate to Mr. President in the desperate bid to defeat Atiku. You are always quick to distort issues (very common with GEJ fans) and this is why I try to ignore you . Read the link below so you can be up to speed with the Teslim Folarin saga.

Teslim Folarin was acquitted based on the fact that the police could not produce any evidence of his complicity in the alleged murder case, you don't expect a judge to keep someone in jail indefinitely when the prosecutor can not produce any claim or evidence linking the accused to the crime,

Senator Teslim Folarin, and three others were, on Thursday, ordered to be released from the Agodi Prisons, Ibadan.

An Iyaganku Chief Magistrates’ Court, while ruling on the application for the withdrawal of two-count charge of conspiracy and murder brought by the police, said the court had no power to refuse the application.

Chief Magistrate Shakirat Badrudeen said that based on section 284 of the Criminal Procedure Code, the court could not be an impediment to the complainant’s bid to withdraw the charges against the suspects.

She said that since the complainant, the police, had requested that the charges be withdrawn against the suspects, “the court, hereby, withdraws the charges for further investigation by the police.”

She also ordered that the suspects should be left out of the case for the police to continue with the investigation.

Also, efforts by the Oyo State Director for Public Prosecution (DPP), Mr H.F Sule, to stop the withdrawal of the charges were refused by the chief magistrate, who ruled that since the commissioner of police had written that the charges be withdrawn, the DPP had no right to oppose the application.

The DPP had moved to halt the application, when counsel for the accused, Chief Adeniyi Akintola, SAN, challenged him and asked the court not to allow him and warned against any sinister move.

[b]Earlier, the police prosecutor, Mr M.A. Ojeh, had informed the court of the need to withdraw the charges against the accused to allow for further investigation.
[/b]
http://www.transparencyng.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3182:eleweomo-sen-folarin-released-to-participate-in-primaries-charges-withdrawn&catid=67:politics&Itemid=151

the same thing was applicable in the case of udoudehe, he was released by the court because the police could bring no charges against him on treason but was re-arrested again to face murder and arson charges in uyo, please try and keep abreast with happenings--- he was granted bail in abuja for treason and re-arrested on murder and arson charges filed in uyo.

In the case of Bode George you put up a publication that clearly states prime role which is as vague as it can get, what is the prime role--- campaign co-ordinator ?, spokesman ??, what is the prime role he plays

it seems you still don't get it clear with law and order, you judge people based on your perceptions and not the interpretation of the law, IBB is corrupt yes we all know that, but so far a court of law hasn't proved him corrupt he is as free as any other human on earth, he has the right to contest and be voted for, the elections in delta state were fraught with irregularities --- YES, Uduaghan was not judged corrupt by a court of law, you are not the courts so please keep your morality in check, if you have a case against him take him to court, GEJ has no right to distance himself from him in the same manner Ribadu can't distance himself from Tinubu because a court has not found him wanting on corruption charges-- so please stick your points based on law not on emotions.
Re: 234next - The Opposition’s Strategic Mistake by 3kay945(m): 11:29am On Apr 05, 2011
i sorry for this country,, i still remain firm on my point that only insane, fool and corrupt mind will vote pdp GEJ dis election.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News!! Tompolo, Ateke, Farah Dagogo Others Declared Wanted!! / I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo / Oil Revenue: Rivers To Be Refunded N17.5B From Seven States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.