Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,700 members, 7,813,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Why Are American Cars So Big - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Are American Cars So Big (2299 Views)

American Cars!!! Ask For Ur American Car Head & Rear Lights, Bumper, Frontgrill, / Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap / Direct Brainbox 4 Sale.. Japanese And American Cars..key Coding.. 08120306356 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are American Cars So Big by NewDelhi(m): 7:18am On Jan 25, 2021
Their SUVs and sedans are usually bigger and bulkier than European and Asian cars. Most especially their SUVs. Too big for my liking . Take a look at cardillac, Ford, Lincoln, Chrysler, GMC.

1 Like

Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by Okuda(m): 7:26am On Jan 25, 2021
their roads are big...plus they have cheap fuel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by obitryce(m): 7:34am On Jan 25, 2021
Okuda:
their roads are big...plus they have cheap fuel.

They consider ample legroom and luggage space a priority!!!

10 Likes

Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by Igbudu1: 7:37am On Jan 25, 2021
An average American is neither small in size .

They also don't imitate others on production.

They design and produce what suits them unlike some desperate countries in the east trying so hard to claim success out of the efforts of others

2 Likes

Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by Okuda(m): 7:37am On Jan 25, 2021
obitryce:

They consider ample legroom and luggage space a priority!!!

that too
Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by olukaygold(m): 7:41am On Jan 25, 2021
Take seat,cross leg, reading
Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by StephenBB(m): 7:47am On Jan 25, 2021
This this 2021 Cadillac Escalade. Na for the big boys!

7 Likes

Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by meobizy(f): 8:13am On Jan 25, 2021
I miss the days of the H2 Hummer. That car was a monster on wheels.

1 Like

Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by seankafor(m): 8:16am On Jan 25, 2021
Tesla is America and it's not big sad

1 Like

Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by 2cribz: 8:31am On Jan 25, 2021
Na fear of pothole,tho them get pot holes but na like 1 in a million. Trust me yankee road be like naija road, patch patch everywhere so u go need better andre the giant suv wey fit camp girl sef.No make american movies deceive u o

Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by BigDawsNet: 9:52am On Jan 25, 2021
An average American prefer to drive a SUV

It's part of their culture thing

They call them truck

4 Likes

Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by Fozi(m): 11:49am On Jan 25, 2021
2cribz:
Na fear of pothole,tho them get pot holes but na like 1 in a million. Trust me yankee road be like naija road, patch patch everywhere so u go need better andre the giant suv wey fit camp girl sef.No make american movies deceive u o
If you no get talk to talk blow whistle

1 Like

Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by ruggedtimi(m): 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
I entered one ford sedan it was to big and compact, same with dodge charger. I felt More like i was sitting in an armoured car
Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by MrJoelinton: 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2021
BigDawsNet:
An average American prefer to drive a SUV

It's part of their culture thing

They call them truck
Yeah you're right. They love SUVs alot in the states. I think it's because they go out more as a family or friends rather than a loner. You get , when they go out, it usually involves 4 or more people and they take alot of luggages and junks along too. An average American who is just going hiking or camping for a few days will carry load like he's travelling and wouldn't be back for several months.

1 Like

Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by MrJoelinton: 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2021
meobizy:
I miss the days of the H2 Hummer. That car was a monster on wheels.
American Cars are truly big and spacious. If you've ever entered a Ford excursion , it's almost like you're in a palor lol
Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by BigDawsNet: 4:33am On Jan 26, 2021
MrJoelinton:

Yeah you're right. They love SUVs alot in the states. I think it's because they go out more as a family or friends rather than a loner. You get , when they go out, it usually involves 4 or more people and they take alot of luggages and junks along too. An average American who is just going hiking or camping for a few days will carry load like he's travelling and wouldn't be back for several months.

You right Joe

But it's not always the case...

I know few grown American men that doesn't fancy family thing or kids just him alone in his apartment and drive alone in his might truck..

Other reason are camping and hiking, Americans don't joke with that and the truck can convey lot of supplies for the trip

The road is good and free so you know everyone wanna drive a V8 engine.. grin

Generally it's just part of their thing especially men....

1 Like

Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by SavageResponse(m): 4:01pm On Feb 13, 2021
StephenBB:
This this 2021 Cadillac Escalade.
Na for the big boys!

Big for nothing and shapeless thing!

Give me a Range Rover anyday grin
Re: Why Are American Cars So Big by Asour: 4:34pm On Feb 13, 2021
The question should be why do other car makers make smaller/compact vehicles.

They (other car makers) do so due to economic constraints. Budget conscious consumers intensely conscious of fuel efficiency.

Now the US is the most prosperous country that ever existed in modern history. Lack/Budget consciousness DID NOT (until more recent competition) factor into every manufacturing decision in making an automobile. Whenever one isn't budget conscious, the results usually translates to 'excess'/Big or large products.

(1) (Reply)

Engine Oils|transmission Fluids|coolants|octane Boosters / Toyota Sienna For Sale 600k / Lexus Rx330 2004 model Forsale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.