Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! (4471 Views)

MTN AWOOF!! Credit #30 For 5000 Airtime Quickly Te Soju E / Free Credit Cheat: How To Get N3869.60 Airtime On Airtel / Beware Airtel BB Subscribers Oh!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 04, 2011
I have noticed in the recent time that AIRTEL has a way of stealing credit on phone without making call or sending sms . it happens mostly in the early hours of the moring if you leave you phone on . you'll get a notification that you last call was Bleep and you credit balance is zzz . when you check you'll discover that a certain amount of you credit has been taken from your account without you making use of your phone at that time . this is a new wave of crime from our network in nigeria and if you call their customer center , they'll tell you is a technical fault . it has happened to me several times . plz beware of this robbery from Airtel and if you've been a victim too plz post your comments here . lets fight this network criminals robbing us of our hard earn money .
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by frgy1: 10:23am On Apr 04, 2011
^^^ how many times has this happened to you ?
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by thweraja10: 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2011
Always learn to lock your phone when not in use, You must have probably dialed a number unknowingly
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2011
thweraja10:

Always learn to lock your phone when not in use, You must have probably dialed a number unknowingly
My phone was beside me on the floor and i didnt call or sent an sms neither did i subcribe for anything on the network . this has happened se eral time and two people told me it happened to them too people bewear !
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by base11(f): 10:34pm On Apr 05, 2011
The same damn thing happened to me severally, i would never forget the one that happened to me when i subscribed to their 100MB and within an hour, i checked my data counter and saw i had used about 5MB and that night i saw no site wwas opening, then i thought to check the remaining MB and low and behold i was told i had finished my 100MB, it was amazing when all i did was open a facebook page. And just a few sites with a data compressing browser. I called them, told them exactly what had happened, the person i spoke with promised to call me back, he did and agreed it was a fault from their network and said in 24hours i'd be credited with my unused MB, for 2months now, nothing, i called them severally and i kept getting the matter has been resolved or they would open another case file. Anyways, i used them for my internet for a while and stopped using them. Now they have resorted to stealing credit, its so shameful. If u haven't experienced such, it doesnt mean others have not, i have heard of others experiencing all kinds of shameful things. What a thiefing company!
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by N101: 12:24am On Apr 06, 2011
@ base 1 - I had a similar problem, then I was told it was my fault even though I still had some data bundle left. They will not credit you your lost data bundle, I definitely wasn't refunded when they took call credit from me even though I had an active data bundle.

@thweraja10 - the same thing happened to someone I know. What may have happened is that the internet dialled up automatically. In the end they had to take the internet settings off and that's what stopped it. Be grateful you at least got warning that your phone was active rather than discovering all your credit was eaten!

If complaining to the NCC would reap a positive result I would suggest it. Sadly I think it would be a useless exercise.
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by base11(f): 10:16am On Apr 06, 2011
Ofcourse it would be a useless exercise, i can bet that NCC has had these sort of complains and they'd just shove it aside, and the people who lodged such complains would be tired of following it up. One thing is for sure they can't get away with this for long. If excessive media force i.e facebook, nairaland, twitter etc is used to get these messages across. A change might occur.
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by Emmyk(m): 10:40am On Apr 06, 2011
2 weeks ago, Airtel just deducted my last #50 without me making any phone call. I was infuriated but just decided to call the ccare, after much talking and placing me on hold, they told me I was playing a free game competition stuff via sms and I shud message 444. I was happy cos had it been I never called 'em, they wud keep charging that 50box daily without notifing u
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by N101: 1:56pm On Apr 06, 2011
base 1:

Ofcourse it would be a useless exercise, i can bet that NCC has had these sort of complains and they'd just shove it aside, and the people who lodged such complains would be tired of following it up. One thing is for sure they can't get away with this for long. If excessive media force i.e facebook, nairaland, twitter etc is used to get these messages across. A change might occur.

I totally agree with a media campaign. It's very hard to shame Nigerians but because Airtel have a large customer base outside of Nigeria, it's not the kind of publicity they would want. I'll bet you that there are loads of other customers in different places with the same Airtel problems.

They've been a mess since the changeover from Zain. As for the NCC, it's a joke. They advertise an email address but I'm sure they've never checked the mail (if it works at all) and never responded to customer complaints. Even their website information is out of date. I tried emailing Airtel's Customer service email address and it bounced back as "undeliverable". Go figure.

Have you noticed that recently you're getting more and more 3rd party texts for services you've never asked for?
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 07, 2011
I suggest we go to various forum and expose them like facebook , twitter etc . lets make some noise at least . its high time we put an end to this robbery . yes , i say lets expose them on the internet .
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by N101: 7:38pm On Apr 07, 2011
Well, they do have a presence on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/Airtel

Can't find them on Twitter.
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by Nobody: 4:01am On Apr 08, 2011
N101:

Well, they do have a presence on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/Airtel

Can't find them on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/Airtel_NG
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by Nobody: 4:08am On Apr 08, 2011
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by N101: 1:44am On Apr 09, 2011
Has anyone been reading any of the comments on Twitter? Looks like many people have the same credit deduction problems. Will keep reading,
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by sibepoc(m): 7:29pm On Apr 09, 2011
Pls the same thing happens to me. How do i deactivate that 444 thing.
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by N101: 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2011
sibepoc:

Pls the same thing happens to me. How do i deactivate that 444 thing.

There was a post about this a few weeks ago. You should be able to text OUT to 444. It'll cost N100 but should stop. If not, call Customer Service.

Let me know if the text works.
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by ikuoma4rea: 9:43am On Apr 10, 2011
it happened live to me.i actually thought it was my younger onces and my wife using my phone without me knowing.i confronted them several times.av gone back to my eti boi nw.
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by solabug: 12:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
emiloba: I have noticed in the recent time that AIRTEL has a way of stealing credit on phone without making call or sending sms . it happens mostly in the early hours of the moring if you leave you phone on . you'll get a notification that you last call was Bleep and you credit balance is zzz . when you check you'll discover that a certain amount of you credit has been taken from your account without you making use of your phone at that time . this is a new wave of crime from our network in nigeria and if you call their customer center , they'll tell you is a technical fault . it has happened to me several times . plz beware of this robbery from Airtel and if you've been a victim too plz post your comments here . lets fight this network criminals robbing us of our hard earn money .

Airtel Nigeria is really enjoying this Grand Theft and no one is doing anything about it. They did it twice for me today and my phone was right with me when it happened. Called their customer care after rigorous hours of trying and they told me they are not denying it did not happen but they cant see it in their system blah blah blah and i should try back in 3hours. After 3hours 3 different people picked after hours of trying and once they hear the problem the network suddenly goes bad. The last one i spoke to before finally convincing myself this was a scam said i should call back in 30Mins that computer has not updated.. how interesting you can tell me my call records but you cant tell me how credit mysteriously left my account twice in one day. I am even afraid to load my Line.... Etisalat keeps removing N100 if i load and customer care said they dont know what is happening. MTN, Glo is not any better. The annoying part is the rate at which they send scam messages.. WIN 1000000 with N10 once you fall victim they keep removing your money and i have never heard of someone that won their money. EFCC should act. This is corporate Fraud!!!!!
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by softtouch2(m): 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
base 1: The same damn thing happened to me severally, i would never forget the one that happened to me when i subscribed to their 100MB and within an hour, i checked my data counter and saw i had used about 5MB and that night i saw no site wwas opening, then i thought to check the remaining MB and low and behold i was told i had finished my 100MB, it was amazing when all i did was open a facebook page. And just a few sites with a data compressing browser. I called them, told them exactly what had happened, the person i spoke with promised to call me back, he did and agreed it was a fault from their network and said in 24hours i'd be credited with my unused MB, for 2months now, nothing, i called them severally and i kept getting the matter has been resolved or they would open another case file. Anyways, i used them for my internet for a while and stopped using them. Now they have resorted to stealing credit, its so shameful. If u haven't experienced such, it doesnt mean others have not, i have heard of others experiencing all kinds of shameful things. What a thiefing company!

I got many experience of these before.

To add to my experience, While using Glo 3GB, for 5k. It last me for a month (I use it on iPhone and tether the connection to my Computer)
This is my regular usage.

But I decided to give Airtel a shot with 3GB, after 10days, I discovered my connection is not going, I find it difficult to believe that 3GB data has been exhausted with light usage. To make the matter worse, all my remaining credit balance has been siphon.
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by solabug: 8:16am On Oct 06, 2012
Happened again today. This time around the customer care agent was using me to chat
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 06, 2012
Airtel Ng is a BIG DISGRACE and Horrible Embrassing Shame to Indian Mobile Technology.
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by charloski(m): 11:20am On Oct 06, 2012
They stop me from sending sms wen i have 15 naira on my fone, not only that... 45 mins later thry took 10 naira out of it, den d remaining 5 naira.... i just called dem now and they said that dey will check it for me...... na wa ooo!! AITEL
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
airtel deduct my last credit #170 since on Thursday.i ve called their customer service,i was told to call after two hours.since then no show.they are yet to return my credit.they are thief
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 07, 2012
aze: Airtel Ng is a BIG DISGRACE and Horrible Embrassing Shame to Indian Mobile Technology.
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by uhuns: 8:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
if you are cock sure , write NCC, EFCC AND ICPC. BE SURE WILL GET A RESPONSE
REMEMBER, HAVE YOU REPLIED ANY SMS SOME TIME AGO OR ONE OF THOSE GET RICH SCHEMES, REMEMBER TERMS AND CONDITION APPLIES
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by iamphill: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
This same thing happened to me severally called customer care severally still not resolved.
Re: Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! by odutolasodiq(m): 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
I think say nah only me oh!!!...

(1) (Reply)

What To Expect From The Upcoming Infinix Zero 2 / Mtn Is Giving Out Free 100mb. Enter To Get Yours / How To Format Or Hard Reset Nokia N8 & C7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.