Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 (4160 Views)

Pictures From TECNO CAMON 19 Series Launch In Lagos / Is The TECNO Phantom 8 Too Expensive For 128,000? / The Tecno Phantom 6: Things You Didn't Know About The Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Illusionale(m): 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2022
Yesterday made it a full month since I walked into a phone store and purchased my Tecno camon 19. I bought the phone for and while I did not feel particularly good about dishing out that amount of my savings on a phone I was not particularly impressed with-specifications wise- I hoped to get back my money’s worth on the phone’s performances and well I have to admit It did fall short of my expectations in some areas. Here’s where and how;
I purchased the 6/128GB dark colour version of the phone (before we dive further into this post usage review, I would like to state that my phones are my second offices, and I can very much spend the entirety of my day on my phone). I research a lot, play a great deal of Call of duty mobile and Efootball and when the inspiration sets in, write some flash fictions.
Straight into gaming performance, the games ran well on low and medium graphics, once I set the graphics to high and played battle royale, my frame rate dropped and the game lagged especially during intense gun fights ( there are 3 games on my phone, CODM is the one I play the most) someone argued with me that this phone was not made for gaming, I told the person that if he checked the packaging of some of Transsion phones running the same chipset as the camon 19, he would see, emblazoned on the pack G85 gaming processor- so on other phones, the G85 is a gaming chipset and on the Camon 19, it’s not?.
Twitter and snapchat lagged, you read it right. Snapchat lagged and there were delays when switching filters, that was understandable to me, snapchat is very resource demanding but when my twitter lagged! I was shook.
The Camera lagged and delayed as well! You may think I am making this all up by now, but I assure you, this is what really happened. I have seen cameras lagging, my friend’s Iphone XR challenging Redmi Note 8 used to lag when we snapped on a very hot day. That was exactly what happened to me, I was taking some photos in the open on a very sunny day and my subject was my Rottweiler, I had just gotten down on my knees to take some close up shots of him when the camera slowed and lagged, I thought it was a feature at first, because the display was moving as if it had water in it. You know when you have a round air bubble inside of a transparent water-tight container and you shake the object, the bubble moves much slower and you have to tilt the object very tight in other to get bubble to move to the end of the container. That’s what happened, I was perplexed at first and then when I quit the camera, the phone lagged briefly and returned back to its senses.
Not everything was bad about the phone, the battery lasts me a very long time even when I game, and something I do not enjoy on my Umidigi A9 pro, but that phone cost me 70k and does deliver very well. The camon charges fast but is nothing like the vivo v23E, honestly now that I think about it, I should have saved up a bit more and gotten the vivo when it sold for 145k in physical shops.
In summary, the camon 19 is an okay phone, it’s not the fastest (the G85 inside of it, is it’s major drawback), It’s a very elegant phone, I have lost count of how many times I have seen people staring at my palm whenever I am on the road. the camera is very good and shoots really well, save for that time It lagged, as for the price tag, I can never ever be happy with it. That’s just me any way’s; I am not one to happy with splashing 135k on something with a donkey as a processor.

-sparrow

6 Likes

Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Pauldollars(m): 11:10pm On Aug 13, 2022
Tecno, Infinix and Itel don't really have good cameras.

Even mid range Samsung phones camera have more quality than Tecno Camon 19 and other Trassion products, not to talk of Samsung S series.

A customer brought a new Camon 19 to my shop and I compared the Camera quality with my Samsung A02.
Samsung A02 camera beats Camon 19 Camera hands down.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by MrBONE2(m): 7:19am On Aug 14, 2022
Illusionale:

Yesterday made it a full month since I walked into a phone store and purchased my Tecno camon 19. I bought the phone for and while I did not feel particularly good about dishing out that amount of my savings on a phone I was not particularly impressed with-specifications wise- I hoped to get back my money’s worth on the phone’s performances and well I have to admit It did fall short of my expectations in some areas. Here’s where and how;
I purchased the 6/128GB dark colour version of the phone (before we dive further into this post usage review, I would like to state that my phones are my second offices, and I can very much spend the entirety of my day on my phone). I research a lot, play a great deal of Call of duty mobile and Efootball and when the inspiration sets in, write some flash fictions.
Straight into gaming performance, the games ran well on low and medium graphics, once I set the graphics to high and played battle royale, my frame rate dropped and the game lagged especially during intense gun fights ( there are 3 games on my phone, CODM is the one I play the most) someone argued with me that this phone was not made for gaming, I told the person that if he checked the packaging of some of Transsion phones running the same chipset as the camon 19, he would see, emblazoned on the pack G85 gaming processor- so on other phones, the G85 is a gaming chipset and on the Camon 19, it’s not?.
Twitter and snapchat lagged, you read it right. Snapchat lagged and there were delays when switching filters, that was understandable to me, snapchat is very resource demanding but when my twitter lagged! I was shook.
The Camera lagged and delayed as well! You may think I am making this all up by now, but I assure you, this is what really happened. I have seen cameras lagging, my friend’s Iphone XR challenging Redmi Note 8 used to lag when we snapped on a very hot day. That was exactly what happened to me, I was taking some photos in the open on a very sunny day and my subject was my Rottweiler, I had just gotten down on my knees to take some close up shots of him when the camera slowed and lagged, I thought it was a feature at first, because the display was moving as if it had water in it. You know when you have a round air bubble inside of a transparent water-tight container and you shake the object, the bubble moves much slower and you have to tilt the object very tight in other to get bubble to move to the end of the container. That’s what happened, I was perplexed at first and then when I quit the camera, the phone lagged briefly and returned back to its senses.
Not everything was bad about the phone, the battery lasts me a very long time even when I game, and something I do not enjoy on my Umidigi A9 pro, but that phone cost me 70k and does deliver very well. The camon charges fast but is nothing like the vivo v23E, honestly now that I think about it, I should have saved up a bit more and gotten the vivo when it sold for 145k in physical shops.
In summary, the camon 19 is an okay phone, it’s not the fastest (the G85 inside of it, is it’s major drawback), It’s a very elegant phone, I have lost count of how many times I have seen people staring at my palm whenever I am on the road. the camera is very good and shoots really well, save for that time It lagged, as for the price tag, I can never ever be happy with it. That’s just me any way’s; I am not one to happy with splashing 135k on something with a donkey as a processor.

-sparrow

grin

2 Likes

Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 14, 2022
you will learn hard way
Illusionale:

-sparrow
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Inali: 7:41am On Aug 14, 2022
You're chatting bs
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Inali: 7:42am On Aug 14, 2022
Pauldollars:

Even mid range Samsung phones camera have more quality than Tecno Camon 19 and other Trassion products, not to talk of Samsung S series.

A customer brought a new Camon 19 to my shop and I compared the Camera quality with my Samsung A02.
I still don't agree. TECNO Camon 19 Camera that was used to shoot a movie?
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by sunshineV(f): 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
Inali:
will u shut the Bleep up??

8 Likes

Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by sunshineV(f): 7:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
OP relax, you haven't seen anything yet. After 6 months, you'll have over 8 threads on nairaland phone section complaining about that phone. Then, when other people are rocking Android 13 and you're stuck on Android whatever you're on now na then u go realize say u fvck up

5 Likes

Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Inali: 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
sunshineV:
will u shut the Bleep up??
lol. E pain this one
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by sunshineV(f): 11:38am On Aug 15, 2022
Inali:
lol. E pain this one
you're chatting shit bruv

2 Likes

Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Pauldollars(m): 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
Inali:

Tah...I've seen the quality of the Camera. Its not high grade.
Maybe its all these Nollywod comedian movies.
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by dakoru84: 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2022
I'm using camon 18 series with G85 processor and i can say my phone been performing very good in all aspects but after purchase last year November it wasn't cool during handling and after couple of 2 system update containing 3Gb each since then my phone seems like magic and learn to optimize your phone and you will be good to go.... anyway would like to attend CODM BR MODE MEETING �.

Illusionale:

-sparrow

2 Likes

Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Inali: 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2022
Pauldollars:

it is o. I use a Camon 18 premier and if I show you pictures and videos I've taken with it, you'll think it's an iPhone I used.
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Inali: 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2022
sunshineV:
you're chatting shit bruv
lol you learn this one from top boy lol
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by sunshineV(f): 7:04am On Aug 21, 2022
Inali:
lol you learn this one from top boy lol
nah u learnt dis from top boy not me and it didnt change d fact dat u r speaking in d rubbish. And btw, butler would've gone with 'quit chatting shit mate' lol
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by sunshineV(f): 11:02am On Aug 22, 2022
Inali:
it is o. I use a Camon 18 premier and if I show you pictures and videos I've taken with it, you'll think it's an iPhone I used.
because na everybody go mumu like u
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Inali: 11:58pm On Aug 24, 2022
sunshineV:
because na everybody go mumu like u
shutup your gutter fess, make I follow better person talk

1 Like

Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Niswayne19: 9:00pm On Aug 28, 2022
My friend still enjoying the TECNO Camon 19 smartphone. It has amazing specifications.
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Obascoetubi: 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
Inali:
show pix
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Jayjerjay: 11:29am On Oct 06, 2022
Pauldollars:

A camera which was used to shoot a movie is not high grade, bring your current device and let us use it to shoot a movie...
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Mimiko3: 11:31am On Oct 06, 2022
Pauldollars:

Tahhhh, I see so much hatred for transsion devices here... You don't have to have so much hate, if you can not use them, nobody will criticise you, so just keep quiet and not bad mouth

2 Likes

Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Nuelng: 11:32am On Oct 06, 2022
Inali:

Yes and it was even used for a competition, if you are not up to date, don't come here to speak thrash
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by AREWAELENU: 11:43am On Oct 06, 2022
Na WA for us ooo imagine how good and painful this most have been for you to write a detailed thread as this.

The same device you complained about is what some people will tag as live saver.

Can we pun it down to different users usage grin cuz I dey fear now

Have read and watch alot of positive reviews about the device even after a month of usage on YouTube (random)
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by iseoluwanimi: 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2022
Its not new again in the NL some people will just come online to say something about a trending keyword
AREWAELENU:
Na WA for us ooo imagine how good and painful this most have been for you to write a detailed thread as this.

The same device you complained about is what some people will tag as live saver.

Can we pun it down to different users usage grin cuz I dey fear now

Have read and watch alot of positive reviews about the device even after a month of usage on YouTube (random)
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by saratackit: 9:25am On Oct 07, 2022
oK FOLLOWING grin grin grin grin
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Zarandah: 9:50am On Oct 07, 2022
I saw a movie shot with the camon 19 tho and it looked really good.
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by Kyase(m): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2022
Inali:

Blue film ba

Nothing good can ever come out from Tecno

But I respect infinix zero series
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by AyodejiFelix(m): 5:43am On Oct 08, 2022
Sorry about your negative experience about the phone. I love your last paragraph and it shows that no phone can't satisfy customers 100% including iphones.
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by EinsteinAyo(m): 5:56am On Oct 08, 2022
Exactly! There will always be a room for improvement. Quite a number of People have really commended TECNO for this particular device.

AyodejiFelix:
Sorry about your negative experience about the phone. I love your last paragraph and it shows that no phone can't satisfy customers 100% including iphones.
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by OladapoF(m): 6:00am On Oct 08, 2022
You don't generalize when making submissions on critical Issue. These brands are also trying their best even though they are yet to attain Iphone level. TECNO is still one of my best favourites Brand as far as android phones are concerned

Pauldollars:

Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by KingUka: 6:32am On Oct 08, 2022
I like going for the premier phones. That's always where the best features are
Re: One Month With The Tecno Camon 19 by KeplersCross: 11:43pm On Oct 11, 2022
Well the processor might noe be topnotch but the camera lagging while taking pictures or videos,on Snapchat and the rest....mehn that's really serious ooh and the phone isn't up to a month?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have Any One Play Android Games With Gamepad Here*** / NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN / Kool Wap Sites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.