Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,923 members, 7,817,704 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager (18374 Views)

Frank Lampard Purchases 209 Beers,75 Jagermeisters, 65 Vodka For His Team / Tottenham Vs Arsenal 1:1: "Deserved More" - Alex Iwobi Reacts To Drawn Match / Sarri On The Verge Of Becoming Chelsea Manager, Plans To Change Chelsea Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by bigdammyj: 5:58pm On Jan 25, 2021
Noted
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by Neowanskywalker: 5:59pm On Jan 25, 2021
Hire him na

1 Like

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by greenskittles: 5:59pm On Jan 25, 2021
I feel he deserved more time too. I mean cmon, look at how abysmal Ole was last season before Bruno came to save their season. And look at them now. This club is pissing me off.
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by Adakintroy: 6:00pm On Jan 25, 2021
I be like lampard Sha. Him try.

Them for support am small like them support. Sokjear for man.u. it matters. See sokjear now..he hand don de string for he game. To know you have support of the board also ease dome pressure on you.

Aside Some of the players him buy no live up to the hype..it's unfortunate he has to take the fall for everything.

Wish him all the best.

Gunners!
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by wink2015(m): 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2021
Lampard should come to Africa and coach some african clubs.

He should be able to develop some coaching skills from there before going further to coaching a european team.

They always want to look down on african countries because of its large scale poverty and underdevelopment.

But at least that will give him a good stepping stones.

He should come and coach the Super Eagle.

1 Like

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by oluwabunmi61010: 6:02pm On Jan 25, 2021
Deserve wetin.. until we get relegated abi

2 Likes

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by money121(m): 6:02pm On Jan 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by goodwill550: 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2021
I need lampard in Barcelona; he's got a lot more up his sleeves
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by Cantonese: 6:05pm On Jan 25, 2021
Kriss216:

Football didn’t start in 1986.

Sacking Lampard is a good call. Chelsea is way too big for Lampard to manage. He’s in the habit of playing the boys out of their position.

I wish Lampard all the best.

Arsenal next to change Arteta. The truth is that these young coaches should just start from the likes of Derby county. It took many years for big coaches to arrive where they are. How can someone graduate from university and straight away get the job of the managing director of Guiness or the head of civil service?

Look at the premier league standing. You will find Chelsea and Arsenal with small boy coaches struggling. Leicester city, a much smaller club and so tay Aston villa at the top shining with experienced coaches. Wetin sef. Arteta needs to waka too abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by Jimmyubah2: 6:07pm On Jan 25, 2021
From Mergson to Owen, they are all mard.

1 Like

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by frankmoney(m): 6:07pm On Jan 25, 2021
Honestly he does

1 Like

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by Bigredmachine: 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2021
obembet:

In England

Man Utd managers since 1986:
1. Sir Alex Ferguson
2. David Moyes
3. Louis Van Gaal
4. José Mourinho
5.Ole

Arsenal managers since 1986:
1. George Graham
2. Bruce Rioch
3. Arsene Wenger
4. Unai
5. Arteta

Chelsea managers since 1986:
1. Bobby Campbell
2. Ian Porterfield
3. David Webb
4. Glenn Hoddle
5. Ruud Gullit
6. Gianluca Vialla
7. Ray Wilkins
8. Claudio Ranieri
9. Jose Mourinho
10. Avram Grant
11. Felipe Scholari
12. Ray Wilkins
13. Guus Hidink
14. Carlo Ancelotti
15. Andre Villas Boas
16. Roberto Di Matteo
17. Rafael Benitez
18. Jose Mourinho
19. Guus Hiddink
20. Sarri
21. Antonio Conte
22. Lampard
23. Tuchel...

How many more to come...it's not new anyways

24. The okada men and agbero that supports chelsea... those set of people are also coaches

1 Like

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by PAWG(m): 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2021
Kriss216:

Football didn’t start in 1986.

Sacking Lampard is a good call. Chelsea is way too big for Lampard to manage. He’s in the habit of playing the boys out of their position.

I wish Lampard all the best.

shocked
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by geezynoni: 6:17pm On Jan 25, 2021
obembet:

Chelsea wil surely regret this, coz Lampard knows the club more than that Bayern fan Thomas Tuchel. Ungreatful club

You're talking trash actually
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by geezynoni: 6:18pm On Jan 25, 2021
greenskittles:
I feel he deserved more time too. I mean cmon, look at how abaymal Ole was last season before Bruno came to save their season. And look at them now. This club is pissing me off.
Well, we don't have Bruno.
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by seborrhic: 6:23pm On Jan 25, 2021
newguy1:
Rubbish talk. Paul Merson said all this because lampard is English... the board gave a simple analogy out of all the past coaches Chelsea have hired under Roman, lampard have the least goal per game ratio, also the team spent over 200m on new recruits and he still doesn’t know his preferred team players or that he just want to keep using his choiced selection. I. All fairness he himself saw this coming n for Mersin to still be asking for more time for him is just nonsense. Him now saying if lampard has stay he would have beaten wolves on Wednesday is just a lie lampard was there when wolves beat him one month back n also lampard have not beaten any team above Chelsea including Aston villa n Everton
Where he got me pissed off is when he said;that one of the problems was that all the players Chelsea signed Havertz,Werner,Ziyech,etc;play in the same position.
For heavens sake these were players Lampard himself wanted,so he didn't know before?
To conclude his annoying analysis,he asked if Chelsea were expecting to go above City,Liverpool,etc with the players they signed?
So you asked and spent £200million and don't aim at winning the league?Give me a break.

1 Like

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by nairaman66(m): 6:23pm On Jan 25, 2021
obembet:

Chelsea wil surely regret this, coz Lampard knows the club more than that Bayern fan Thomas Tuchel. Ungreatful club

It’s not about knowing the club, but bringing results. All these guys are just whining because lampard is an English chap. Lampard knows better, how many coaches were sacked for bad results while he was a player there?

Lampard is an an average coach in a big club with so much ambition. The technical side of football needs to be taught to lampard, he must have skipped classes in this while he was getting his license!
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by stanisbaratheon: 6:26pm On Jan 25, 2021
Rubbish talk.

When he loses against midtable and relegation threatened teams you all laugh, but when Chelsea decide to sack him you all complain about more time yen yen yen. Nonsense.

So he should stay as manager and lose more games for your amusement okwaya?? Nonsense.

I can see that the only people complaining about the sack are mainly Man united and Arsenal fans because they know a new manager will surely turn things around if not even competing for the title. Statistics favours Chelsea after every sack, check the record.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by Minjim: 6:33pm On Jan 25, 2021
obembet:

Chelsea that sacked a manager, Roberto Di Matteo, that won them the CL.
Is it Lampard they'll now have patient for. ..

Everyone knows Chelsea is the most impatient club in the EPL and the EPL is the most impatient league

3 Likes

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 25, 2021
Realtord43:
I bet you if Man United and Arsenal had have a russian as a club owner, they would had have more sack coaches than trophies won.

Just watch, Tuchel might not last up to 2yrs before Roman sack him too.

Its a roman thing and it a roman club.

Actuaslly, Arsenal was part owned by a Russian....Usmanov...until 3 years ago..when Kroneke bought his shares.
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by frog12: 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2021
they are disappointed because the YOUNG ENGLISH LAMPARD is inexperienced! ENGLISH like their stars even when they are not BRIGHT!
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by mattmogan88: 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2021
seborrhic:

Where he got me pissed off is when he said;that one of the problems was that all the players Chelsea signed Havertz,Werner,Ziyech,etc;play in the same position.
For heavens sake these were players Lampard himself wanted,so he didn't know before?
To conclude his annoying analysis,he asked if Chelsea were expecting to go above City,Liverpool,etc with the players they signed?
So you asked and spent £200million and don't aim at winning the league?Give me a break.
TAKE AM cheesy

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by osazsky(m): 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2021
Fakowl:
six-ODD;
If u are interested ;
WHATS-APP;
09 1 3 2 2 4 8 4 5 5
Payment after win.
if u tell all your siblings to contribute 5k each..all ur cousins 5k each..ur uncle and aunty 10k each borrow 50k from your mum .borrow 75k from ur dad then add your entire life savings that about 1.750m use it to play the 6 odd then return thier monies with interest if u continue to do this and roll over your entire wining within 6 months you will be richer than elon musk..try it and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by noble2faith(m): 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2021
Realtord43:
I bet you if Man United and Arsenal had have a russian as a club owner, they would had have more sack coaches than trophies won.

Just watch, Tuchel might not last up to 2yrs before Roman sack him too.

Its a roman thing and it a roman club.

It is not only becos it is a Roman club but the fans as well don't tolerate failures like arsenal fans. I am proud to be a blue blooded fan.

4 Likes

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by frog12: 6:43pm On Jan 25, 2021
you make me laugh grin grin

wink2015:
Lampard should come to Africa and coach some african clubs.

He should be able to develop some coaching skills from there before going further to coaching a european team.

They always want to look down on african countries because of its large scale poverty and underdevelopment.

But at least that will give him a good stepping stones.

He should come and coach the Super Eagle.
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:45pm On Jan 25, 2021
Ok oh, just tell the boys that they should not disgrace us against Atletico in UCL.
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by scrolldown88: 6:45pm On Jan 25, 2021
obembet:

In England

Man Utd managers since 1986:
1. Sir Alex Ferguson
2. David Moyes
3. Louis Van Gaal
4. José Mourinho
5.Ole

Arsenal managers since 1986:
1. George Graham
2. Bruce Rioch
3. Arsene Wenger
4. Unai
5. Arteta

Chelsea managers since 1986:
1. Bobby Campbell
2. Ian Porterfield
3. David Webb
4. Glenn Hoddle
5. Ruud Gullit
6. Gianluca Vialla
7. Ray Wilkins
8. Claudio Ranieri
9. Jose Mourinho
10. Avram Grant
11. Felipe Scholari
12. Ray Wilkins
13. Guus Hidink
14. Carlo Ancelotti
15. Andre Villas Boas
16. Roberto Di Matteo
17. Rafael Benitez
18. Jose Mourinho
19. Guus Hiddink
20. Sarri
21. Antonio Conte
22. Lampard
23. Tuchel...

How many more to come...it's not new anyways

Lol, if Chelsea continue like this, e go soon reach my turn

3 Likes

Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by olajonzin(m): 6:48pm On Jan 25, 2021
ganifasakin:
Continue
what goes around comes around
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by nelxxy(m): 6:54pm On Jan 25, 2021
What i learn from this thread, is paul merson is a Chelsea fan undecided
Re: Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager by Leo588(m): 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
Lampard deserves some little time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jay Jay Okocha - The World's Greatest Football Wizard (video) / UK Pool Week 31 Banker Draws!! / Mikel, Iheanacho, Musa Make CAF Player Of The Year Shortlist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.