Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,202 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

There Are No Banks Here Because Of Armed Robbers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / There Are No Banks Here Because Of Armed Robbers (363 Views)

Share Your Experiences With Our Nigerian Banks Here / Areas With No Banks And Banking Activities In Port Harcourt / Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are No Banks Here Because Of Armed Robbers by TimInspired: 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2021
Can you imagine your local community being without a bank, and there is no means to withdraw or deposit money and carry out other banking activities.

Think about it. I'm sure it seems absurd.

You'll have to take transport to a bank far from your house. Very inconvenient!

Abaranje town, around IKOTUN in Lagos is such a place. There are no banks. I heard a rumour that the bank(s) opened were robbed and this is what discourages the opening of banks.
It's a good thing, however, that there are a lot of people doing POS business.
I wonder what it would have been like without both POS people and bank.

So, name that area you live in Lagos State where there are no banks or POS, drop it in the comments section.
Re: There Are No Banks Here Because Of Armed Robbers by Mannyemmy(m): 10:52pm On Jan 25, 2021
TimInspired:
Can you imagine your local community being without a bank, and there is no means to withdraw or deposit money and carry out other banking activities.

Think about it. I'm sure it seems absurd.

You'll have to take transport to a bank far from your house. Very inconvenient!

Abaranje town, around IKOTUN in Lagos is such a place. There are no banks. I heard a rumour that the bank(s) opened were robbed and this is what discourages the opening of banks.
It's a good thing, however, that there are a lot of people doing POS business.
I wonder what it would have been like without both POS people and bank.

So, name that area you live in Lagos State where there are no banks or POS, drop it in the comments section.
Same here in my area although It's common in most places probably due to the development of the area.
Re: There Are No Banks Here Because Of Armed Robbers by miniziter(m): 3:58am On Jan 26, 2021
We don't even have any bank here in the whole of ovia south west LGA.
Re: There Are No Banks Here Because Of Armed Robbers by TimInspired: 1:11am On Mar 03, 2021
Mannyemmy:

Same here in my area although It's common in most places probably due to the development of the area.
Which area are you

(1) (Reply)

Kdp project / MSME Survival Fund Guaranteed Offtake Scheme And General MSME Grant Kick Off / Guarantee Business Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.