Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

What Happened To Our Beautiful Cultures In Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Happened To Our Beautiful Cultures In Nigeria? (512 Views)

What Are Some Remarkable/ Strange Cultures In Your Part Of The World? / Wierd And Bizarre Cultures In Africa That Will Leave You Shocked / Top 3 Most Popular Cultures In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Our Beautiful Cultures In Nigeria? by lammyna(m): 10:34pm On Jan 25, 2021
As we all know the number of tribes we have in Nigeria and with different cultures. We have forgot our cultures & tradition in Nigeria.

Like in 70s, 80s and 90s when youths give maximum respect to elders.

When married women called their husbands, Lords.

When women kneeled down to greet or give foods to their husbands.

When children would have given themselves punishment before father's back from work.

When you can't disrespectful your seniors in schools.

When you honoured your teachers by bowing down your heads when they were talking.

As so on.

What happened to our cultures?
Re: What Happened To Our Beautiful Cultures In Nigeria? by Nbotee(m): 10:53pm On Jan 25, 2021
The previous generation failed dats what happened. We are jus a reflection of their failings
Re: What Happened To Our Beautiful Cultures In Nigeria? by lammyna(m): 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2021
Nbotee:
The previous generation failed dats what happened. We are jus a reflection of their failings

You are right but I disagree with you. When I was in secondary in 90s, I had a teacher we called master, we dare not disrespect him. Also, all our seniors then can be hell out of you.

Whenever I offend my mum, just by mentioning my father, men, na fear ooo. We respected our elders then no be small. I dare not talk back to my seniors or parents. Those lessons are still there till now.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Our Beautiful Cultures In Nigeria? by JaneYave(f): 3:45am On Jan 26, 2021
We are in our times.. Even cultures evolve. The problem with us actually is that we think too much of the past when we should actually be thinking of the future.
Re: What Happened To Our Beautiful Cultures In Nigeria? by BlessedNuel: 7:01am On Jan 30, 2021
Things no just dey straight anymore

(1) (Reply)

Remember 2-year-old Who Was Smoking 40 Cigarettes A Day?, Checkout What Happened / Nigerians Troop To IG Account Of Alleged New Wife Of Ooni Of Ife / Onitsha New Yam Festival Masquerades 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.