Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE (2310 Views)

Should I Go For Samsung Or Xiaomi? / Samsung Or Tecno Phone For 23,000 Naira Needed Urgently / Top 7 Things To Do Instead Of Buying The Iphone 8 Or Iphone 8 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by Grandmeister(m): 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

No. Premium chess, it's a subscription based chess site. I've heard of lichess, is it any better? I'm just looking for a few occasional games, not looking to get FIDE rated or anything. Pro chess takes up too much study and analysis time. I'm more of a club player, and I much prefer blitz.
Lichess is free and has a lot of players there, including Nigerian top players.
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by GidiCars: 9:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
IMO, Samsung is just another Android smartphone. I could close my eyes & pick between a mid range galaxy, pixel, Xiaomi, Sony LG etc. I still don't get the hype about Samsung, there's nothing special about them.

Their latest phone, the S21 series, came with no charger brick out of the box simply because apple did it. Samsung is just one apple wannabe smartphone company.

Also, Samsung don't support long term usage. Even people that bought an iPhone 7 when it came out in 2016 have the latest updates and can still use the phone pretty well. A Samsung of that same year is already obsolete and you'll notice the degraded performance.

3 Likes

Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by popweezy(m): 9:49pm On Jan 26, 2021
IamDavid:
To start with, op is probably a rich man, which is good grin . However, what you stated is not new, we all know these are the industry leaders, they have the best technology overall, but your argument is a bit flawed. And these are my reasons.

1. Their flagships are overpriced. Do a little bit of research and you'll find out. That doesn't change the fact that they offer "the best" products anyway.
2. You can get pretty good experiences with other phones too. It's a bit of overstatement to say "all other brands can't make you feel the experience of a real smartphone"... Really? Don't forget, Google has her own smartphone brand (pixels), and bro, if you try the pixel 5, I bet you'll modify your post. There other nice makes too.
3 This is probably the most important point. Nigeria's economy isn't good. I know young folks are smart and rich these days but if we look at the larger picture, how many people can afford to smash 400k on a mobile phone? How many can smash 200k? Even 100k for the purchase of a mobile phone is still hard for so many people. As long as minimum wage is less than $100 per month, transsions and xiaomi will keep selling in Nigeria.
I might agree with you on point number1 and 3 but for the second point... none of google pixel model shoulders a flagship of samsung and Iphone... If you'd tried any of these devices you'd get me better sir

1 Like

Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
Grandmeister:

Lichess is free and has a lot of players there, including Nigerian top players.

Maybe I'll check it out. Thanks.
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by IamDavid(m): 10:27pm On Jan 26, 2021
popweezy:
I might agree with you on point number1 and 3 but for the second point... none of google pixel model shoulders a flagship of samsung and Iphone... If you'd tried any of these devices you'd get me better sir
Well, I guess I didn't articulate that point well enough. I've used these flagships for a couple of days (specifically the 11 pro and the s20 ultra, thanks to my friends), and they offer the very best experience I must say. They are, of course better than the pixel 2xl I owned. But it's not heaven vs Earth. I had a very nice experience with my pixel. Apart from my personal experiences, I watch phone reviews for the fun of it and while those two giants offer the very best, you'll get very nice, sometimes comparable mobile experience from some other OEMs too. That's my point. (Pixel 5 and OnePlus 8pro comes to mind)

*But again I understand your argument, from another point of view now. These two giants have been crazily consistent over the years. If one has the money, they're the brands to go for.
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by IamDavid(m): 10:29pm On Jan 26, 2021
GidiCars:
IMO, Samsung is just another Android smartphone. I could close my eyes & pick between a mid range galaxy, pixel, Xiaomi, Sony LG etc. I still don't get the hype about Samsung, there's nothing special about them.

Their latest phone, the S21 series, came with no charger brick out of the box simply because apple did it. Samsung is just one apple wannabe smartphone company.

Also, Samsung don't support long term usage. Even people that bought an iPhone 7 when it came out in 2016 have the latest updates and can still use the phone pretty well. A Samsung of that same year is already obsolete and you'll notice the degraded performance.
Samsung that tweeted via iPhone.... Honestly it's the pixel for me. Samsung produces the best but Google produces the best value. Affordable phones, with good cameras that and guaranteed updates for over 3 years... Wetin I dey find again?

1 Like

Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by ngadaAwo: 11:21pm On Jan 26, 2021
Brownpeanut:
You're misinformed. I use an LG G8 ThinQ, and it's a sexy beast.
the phone trashed galaxy s10 on performance wise including antutu benchmark

What i love about the phone is the boombox speaker (oled speaker)
and the secure sharp face unlock (similar to that of iPhone)

the phone na truly sexy beast
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 27, 2021
popweezy:
The only smartphones that fit this our generation are Samsungs and Iphones. Honestly speaking, If you are not using any of these brands, you are yet to experience what a real smartphone feels like.

And for the fans of transsion mobiles, I sincerely pity your ignorance. I can't say the same to xiomi fans though.
you're not that clever. You forgot Samsung doesn't own Android, but iPhone owns iOS. Year you are here to show your ignorance.
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by femi4: 5:57am On Jan 27, 2021
KingAlabi:
cool cool

Coming from a Nokia 5.3 user, Nokia is getting back to it's best.
Don't worry , charging port issue is on the way
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by KingAlabi: 8:22am On Jan 27, 2021
femi4:
Don't worry , charging port issue is on the way
Deceive your sef

I used Nokia 2.1 for 2 years no charging port issues

Now I am on nokia5.3 for 4 months now still no charging port issues

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by Brownpeanut(f): 8:27am On Jan 27, 2021
ngadaAwo:
the phone trashed galaxy s10 on performance wise including antutu benchmark

What i love about the phone is the boombox speaker (oled speaker)
and the secure sharp face unlock (similar to that of iPhone)

the phone na truly sexy beast

Oh, really? I've always wondered why the speakers were this great. I also love the phone's screen. And with all these stuffs, it's still cheap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by Buzx: 8:32am On Jan 27, 2021
popweezy:
you can manage Samsung s5 na or iphone6

These phones are dead and outdated. How can they give you the real smart phone experience? You probably just got one of these brand's old/used flagship, that's how this thread came about.
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by femi4: 9:50am On Jan 27, 2021
KingAlabi:

Deceive your sef

I used Nokia 2.1 for 2 years no charging port issues

Now I am on nokia5.3 for 4 months now still no charging port issues

cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol....I ll patiently wait for you

The problem is from 5 series and above
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by KingAlabi: 9:52am On Jan 27, 2021
femi4:
lol....I ll patiently wait for you

The problem is from 5 series and above
grin grin grin

Keep on waiting

By the way what brand are you using cheesy
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by femi4: 9:55am On Jan 27, 2021
KingAlabi:
grin grin grin

Keep on waiting

By the way what brand are you using cheesy
Sammy delivered me from 5.1 charging port issh
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by popweezy(m): 10:33am On Jan 27, 2021
Buzx:

These phones are dead and outdated. How can they give you the real smart phone experience? You probably just got one of these brand's old/used flagship, that's how this thread came about.
you dont get it.. the person I quoted wants to buy a samsung or Iphone of 35k... what other models of these brands can his money(35k) buy
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by popweezy(m): 10:38am On Jan 27, 2021
Henrymorre:
you're not that clever. You forgot Samsung doesn't own Android, but iPhone owns iOS. Year you are here to show your ignorance.
you probably could not assimilate my point. I am talking about smartphones generally. Whether android owns samsung or samsung owns android, unargueably, it's the best android smartphone..Or can you dispute that
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by popweezy(m): 10:41am On Jan 27, 2021
IamDavid:
Well, I guess I didn't articulate that point well enough. I've used these flagships for a couple of days (specifically the 11 pro and the s20 ultra, thanks to my friends), and they offer the very best experience I must say. They are, of course better than the pixel 2xl I owned. But it's not heaven vs Earth. I had a very nice experience with my pixel. Apart from my personal experiences, I watch phone reviews for the fun of it and while those two giants offer the very best, you'll get very nice, sometimes comparable mobile experience from some other OEMs too. That's my point. (Pixel 5 and OnePlus 8pro comes to mind)

*But again I understand your argument, from another point of view now. These two giants have been crazily consistent over the years. If one has the money, they're the brands to go for.
oh yeah..Now I get ur point and God bless you sir for the last paragraph

1 Like

Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by KingAlabi: 11:52am On Jan 27, 2021
femi4:
Sammy delivered me from 5.1 charging port issh
Enjoy your overpriced device then cheesy
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by femi4: 11:54am On Jan 27, 2021
KingAlabi:

Enjoy your overpriced device then cheesy
let me prepare your mind for the upcoming calamity

https://nokiamob.net/2019/07/21/nokia-mobile-is-aware-of-the-charging-port-issue-willing-to-address-it/
Re: It's Either SAMSUNG Or IPHONE by KingAlabi: 11:57am On Jan 27, 2021
femi4:
let me prepare your mind for the upcoming calamity

https://nokiamob.net/2019/07/21/nokia-mobile-is-aware-of-the-charging-port-issue-willing-to-address-it/
Only if you could read well sad
Well try reading this one

That been said enjoy your overpriced Sammy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN 10gb For 1k/1.5k / Anyone With China Phone Application(please)! / Next Blackberry Curve Phone Images Leaked!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.