Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

How April Fool Killed His Dad. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How April Fool Killed His Dad. (1629 Views)

Dad Kills Cobra With With Bare Hands After The Snake Killed His Son (photos) / Police Arrest Boy Who Killed His Father At RCCG Camp Over Prayer Points / What Was The Worst April Fool Played On/by You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How April Fool Killed His Dad. by Rhymez(m): 11:36am On Apr 04, 2011
April fool is fun, YES! But it is brings evil also. My friend lost his dad because he was trying to catch the fun in April. He told his dad who was in office that his mum is at home dying. The dad who was shocked left his office hurriedly and started coming home. After hours of waiting for him to come home so he(my friend) can laugh at him, he didnt show up. It was later that evening that the news came to him that his father had a motor accident and died at the spot. Do u think April fool is really fun?
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by Abbycrown(f): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2011
April fool is only fun when it is being played right. There are so many ways to make a fool of someone without causing disaster. That was an expensive one. I love April fool and I play it without hurting anyone.
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by Dolemite(f): 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
Source please.
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 04, 2011
I hope this is some late April fool joke.
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by Rhymez(m): 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
^This is not some silly April fool joke.
@dolemite. If your dog die in a motor accident and you want to tell the story, will you provide source? grin
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by InkedNerd(f): 11:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
Rhymez:

^This is not some silly April fool joke.
@dolemite. If your dog die in a motor accident and you want to tell the story, will you provide source? grin

lol @ reply.

I'm sorry to hear about your friends father. I've read what you wrote and I'll heed your warning wink
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by bababuff(m): 12:08am On Apr 05, 2011
Dont joke with life threatening situations.
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by Nobody: 5:47am On Apr 05, 2011
Rhymez:

Rofl

this is more funny than the joke itself
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by MaiSuya(m): 10:13am On Apr 05, 2011
Rhymez:

April fool is fun, YES! But it is brings evil also. My friend lost his dad because he was trying to catch the fun in April. He told his dad who was in office t[size=15pt]hat his mum is at home dying[/size]. The dad who was shocked left his office hurriedly and started coming home. After hours of waiting for him to come home so he(my friend) can laugh at him, he didnt show up. It was later that evening that the news came to him that his father had a motor accident and died at the spot. Do u think April fool is really fun?

That (emboldened) is a very careless, insensitive, eediotic, foolish, poorly thought out joke to play all in name of one useless April fool day,

If I were that father and had made it home alive, that boy would have received the beating of his life. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by oderemo(m): 11:39am On Apr 05, 2011
his lifeIf I were that father and had made it home alive, that boy would have received the beating of

thank GOD u are not that father, you bully. this is one prank that went awry.
tell us uve never did something wrong in yor life that u later regret.
the guy is probably regretting the prank and will surely do for the rest of his life.
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by MaiSuya(m): 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2011
ode remo:

tell us uve never did something wrong in yor life that u later regret.

Of course I did, and was made to face the consequences, the same which I'll mete out to the lad.

But come on, the death of a person how much more my wife/mother (GOD FORBID) is not something to joke about. shouldn't there be a line somewhere? heck, there must be a million other things to joke about FCOL!!
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by oderemo(m): 12:48pm On Apr 05, 2011
mr suya,
impromptu jokes are not planned or rehearsed, so the joke might have come straight to the guy without any after tot,
he had no intention of killing his dad, is it?
how many pranks played out in my secondary school days that would have killed @ the instant.
was it a shotput that was replaced as a ball and unsuspecting student asked to kick it for a laugh or hanging hot water above the room door that could instantly cause 2nd degree burn ?
all these were daily pranks then that had no malice attached.
so what separate those with what the guy did , a life was lost unfortunately but wasn't planned that way.
and that is the joke.
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by MaiSuya(m): 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2011
ode remo:

mr suya,
impromptu jokes are not planned or rehearsed, so the joke might have come straight to the guy without any after tot,
he had no intention of killing his dad, is it?
how many pranks played out in my secondary school days that would have killed @ the instant.
was it a shotput that was replaced as a ball and unsuspecting student asked to kick it for a laugh or hanging hot water above the room door that could instantly cause 2nd degree burn ?
all these were daily pranks then that had no malice attached.
so what separate those with what the guy did , a life was lost unfortunately but wasn't planned that way.
and that is the joke.

Get me right: I do not begrudge kids doing some silly pranks every now and then, they after all just kids. I certainly don't believe the guy wanted his dad dead. . .but he died.

If I as an adult find a particular joke distasteful, are you saying it should be overlooked simply because ''we all use to do it''? for instance, the hot water incident could you listed above could have turned out very badly indeed, so what do we do to the young lads, laugh it off, because they are kids?

Whether or not the joke had a malicious intent, or was planned/rehearsed is, in my view, beside the point. The fact is there will always be consequences: good, if the joke goes as planned and they all laugh about it, or bad as in the tragic case above. In each case, they must face the consequences whether or not it was intended..
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by oderemo(m): 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2011
for the case of the dead, we let this rest.
R.I.P
Re: How April Fool Killed His Dad. by EmmaTay(m): 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
confirm lie.say something else

(1) (Reply)

Pink Psp + 4 Games+3 Videos+1album+1 Gb Memory 18k / Most Handsome Guy In Nairaland-unveiled / Madam Koi Koi A Hoax Or Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.