Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate (41502 Views)

Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / Nigerian Lady Loses Job Offer Because She Has A Big Tummy (Photo) / I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Bikonze(m): 8:14am On Jan 27, 2021
Don't tell her. I agree with you. Wahala go dey.
SirMichael1:
If you tell pocohantas that most female bosses deserve a brain scan or a mental capacity evaluation, you'll have another derange female to curtail.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Bikonze(m): 8:17am On Jan 27, 2021
If only you weren't a weaker sex. Past derangement.
pocohantas:

Male bosses have done worse. One even impregnated his married subordinate. Start the brain scan from your gender. There is a reason you guys occupy majority of prisons around the world. E pass derangement... cheesy
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Bikonze(m): 8:21am On Jan 27, 2021
Fool. I call my mama an illiterate, you vex pass us. Must you speak to my family anyways?
SirMichael1:
Good thing we both agree that the boss did that out of her personal detaste for men.

If that lady has a superior she isn't sleeping with, she will get sacked because of this!
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Emma1Oj(m): 8:21am On Jan 27, 2021
sherylbaky:
Wahala for who be Nigerian, different people just full this country. Is illiterate an insult?

The mama no fit read, write or speak the borrowed official language, if pesin wan talk that one for English abeg wetin e go be?
the manner and tone one said something can make it sound or look insulting even wen the sayer has good intentions. That's y I like reserved pple.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Bikonze(m): 8:22am On Jan 27, 2021
After-thought, that is.
Emeraldgreene:
[*she might not understand you in English.not hear u well.uote author=Cutehector post=98465184]Speak to her in yoruba, she might not hear you well in english. Simple

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Ademoore07(m): 8:26am On Jan 27, 2021
Even if my mum is uneducated, i can't use the word illiterate for her. The man should learn how to choose his word wisely. It is embarrasing. He should have said, his mum doesn't understand English.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Diamondsaheed(m): 9:00am On Jan 27, 2021
if dat z d case, dat boss doesn't deserve working with
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by SirMichael1: 9:38am On Jan 27, 2021
Bikonze:
Don't tell her. I agree with you. Wahala go dey.
She don prove me right already.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 27, 2021
CrazyMan:
The boss overreacted. Illiteracy is a word used to describe an uneducated person, and not an insulting word. How else should he have explained to her that his mum isn't fluent with English language?

I'm not surprised though cos that's how it is with female bosses, they're always so paranoid.

Not at all. He messed up badly and if he could treat his mother in such a disgusting way, then he is not a worthy staff.

Why will you call your parent an illiterate because they can't speak English? The boss knows better and will never speak English to an elderly person until she responded in English. She just want to great his mom and nothing more. She is not interviewing the mom. Just a casual greeting.

It is so sad the youth of today are too vulgar with words. An example is one fool coming to line to say his dad has a bat in his wardrobe. So sad we are losing it fast. If I am the employer, I will do just that and pay him off even if he hasn't done much.

How will you now awesome thing positive about your company if you see your parent as thrash. These are type of staffs that talk ills about an organization if there is a little set back. Don't be surprised someone like him won't hesitate to call his boss a fool for delaying his salary for a day.

Good one by the boss. let him go back and learn.

To even make matter worst,instead of apologizing and taking the old woman to plead on his behalf, he told his friend who also is mannerless like him to help him broadcast it. I keep saying, I doubt if this country will still be in the next 10years. Too many uncultured children
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 27, 2021
Rutley:
It’s absurd calling your mom illiterate. At least he could have said “my mom is not fluent in English language”

Must he say it? Why ridiculing a whole mother? What happened to; "Maami, egba. Oga mi fe ba yin soro".

That would have sent a signal to the boss and she will love him the more. That boy desevers to be sack

1 Like

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by U2ice(m): 11:25am On Jan 27, 2021
CrazyMan:
The boss overreacted. Illiteracy is a word used to describe an uneducated person, and not an insulting word. How else should he have explained to her that his mum isn't fluent with English language?

I'm not surprised though cos that's how it is with female bosses, they're always so paranoid.

ALWAYS my brother there own too much
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by AlphikkaTech: 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2021
extol1:
speaking the truth at times might be wrong
Not at all, he works for a PR firm, he should have shown tact.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Ezzywaymadu(m): 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2021
MY brother the matter be say U For don hand the Phone to your mum B4 u go come as an interpreter Na UR Mum not ur pikin
Try to be a good Representer to ur home and Company
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by seangy4konji: 1:45pm On Jan 29, 2021
Wehreh deh disguise.

She son wan sack him before.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Workers Caught On CCTV Performing Rituals In Office (video) / Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place / Lagos Bus Conductor Dresses Corporately While Working (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.