Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice (1061 Views)

ABS & Master Brake Problem / Ford's Smart Jacket For Cyclists Has Indicators And Brake Lights Just Like Cars / Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by xavuv: 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2021
Squealing/screeching sound when brake is applied.

1- only when driving slow, disappears when driving fast

2- Applying light to medium pressure will trigger the sound

3- sound comes up only after driving awhile, but sometimes omes up after car's been parked for a while.

4- pads, rear brake linings and rotors were changed several times, still making noise

Been going on for close to 1yr.

Thanks for advice
Re: Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by seanfer(m): 4:19am On Jan 27, 2021
I do have same issue like you, but I’ve decided to be using it like that. I don’t care if my break is making noise, it’s even common here in PH so what I do is always on my AC and play music. One car cannot come and kill my joy.

6 Likes

Re: Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by aryzgreat: 5:52am On Jan 27, 2021
Buy ceramic break pads

1 Like

Re: Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by melviniyke2002(m): 12:04pm On Jan 27, 2021
aryzgreat:
Buy ceramic break pads
how much pls?
Re: Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by kingreign(m): 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2021
aryzgreat:
Buy ceramic break pads
He doesn't need ceramic brakes. It's not a race car.

He needs to check his brakss properly. He should buy a good quality brake and also check the brake pad wear components.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by xavuv: 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2021
Diff mechs have checked times without number. We changed pads many times ( toks and new) rotors also changed twice(new and toks). A mech suggest i disconnect the abs but i will not.
kingreign:

He needs to check his brakss properly. He should buy a good quality brake and also check the brake pad wear components.
Re: Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by kingreign(m): 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
xavuv:
Diff mechs have checked times without number. We changed pads many times ( toks and new) rotors also changed twice(new and toks). A mech suggest i disconnect the abs but i will not.

Your location pls?
Re: Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by xavuv: 4:22pm On Jan 27, 2021
[b][/b]
kingreign:

Your location pls?
Osogbo
Re: Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by Stanleyallen17(m): 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2021
kingreign:

What brand (name) of brake pad can you recommend for one to buy.
Re: Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by an0daGuy: 11:36pm On Jan 27, 2021
Op before you change any other parts on your brake system go to the market and purchase ASIMCO brake pads (blue color) and install first to see if you’d still hear such noise. They cost circa 4-5k for a pair. Those pads are of a nice quality and never squeals or squeaks until they are totally worn out.

If after you install these pads and you’re still hearing those noises then you’re certain that your problem is from somewhere else. It’s usually the brake pads themselves that causes the tyres to make noises whenever you brake on motion. Rule it out first before continuing.

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:30pm On Jan 28, 2021
xavuv:
Squealing/screeching sound when brake is applied.

1- only when driving slow, disappears when driving fast

2- Applying light to medium pressure will trigger the sound

3- sound comes up only after driving awhile, but sometimes omes up after car's been parked for a while.

4- pads, rear brake linings and rotors were changed several times, still making noise

Been going on for close to 1yr.

Thanks for advice
Bros, this issue is common with most car users. Mine makes the same noise when I use a new pad. The issue is down to the pads. Give it time, it will stop once the pads starts burning. Mine has stopped eventually. All through Last week, I was dealing with the noise but now it has stopped.
Although I must point out that it's not general with all cars! I think the problem is with the pads cuz mine wasn't making that sound before until I changed to this brand of pads since I couldn't get the previous brand I was using.
Re: Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by Stanleyallen17(m): 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2021
an0daGuy:
Op before you change any other parts on your brake system go to the market and purchase ASIMCO brake pads (blue color) and install first to see if you’d still hear such noise. They cost circa 4-5k for a pair. Those pads are of a nice quality and never squeals or squeaks until they are totally worn out.

If after you install these pads and you’re still hearing those noises then you’re certain that your problem is from somewhere else. It’s usually the brake pads themselves that causes the tyres to make noises whenever you brake on motion. Rule it out first before continuing.

How can one identify original ASIMCO brake pad. From my experience, there are up to thee or four types in the market.
This was the reason i was asking for a recommended brand of brake pad that will last long.
Not super fit or auto boss.
Re: Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by an0daGuy: 12:44pm On Jan 28, 2021
Stanleyallen17:

How can one identify original ASIMCO brake pad. From my experience, there are up to thee or four types in the market.
This was the reason i was asking for a recommended brand of brake pad that will last long.
Not super fit or auto boss.

Buy the ones that have a blue color at the back of the pads. That’s the one I use.
Re: Camry 2005 Brake problem, Pls Advice by xavuv: 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
i have spent money ,hmm. i have used asimco, aut0boss, toyota pad(green back) b4, same screeching sound comes up whenever i step lightly on brake pedal. in my street, from my house to the main road, one has to step lightly on brake pedal. so u can imagine ...

maybe i will try and live with it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When This Part Is Missing In A Vehicle, What Does It Imply? / Free Online Car Loan Calculator / Fuel Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.