Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,845 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Chelsea Appoints Thomas Tuchel As Head Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Appoints Thomas Tuchel As Head Coach (251 Views)

NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach / Aston Villa Announce Steven Gerrard As Head Coach / Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Appoints Thomas Tuchel As Head Coach by Insidenaija: 8:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
Thomas Tuchel has been nominated as Chelsea head coach, insidenaija reports.

He moves to Stamford Bridge following a two-and-a-half year spell at French champions Paris Saint-Germain, which came to an end last month.

He will be the first German to manage Chelsea and arrives having guided PSG to four major honours and the Champions League final during his time in the French capital.

Prior to that, he spent seven seasons coaching in the Bundesliga, first with Mainz, where he led them into the Europa League, and then a successful period with Borussia Dortmund where he won the German Cup.

At Chelsea, he will be reunited with Christian Pulisic and Thiago Silva who he coached during his spells in Dortmund and Paris respectively.

Tuchel, who has signed an 18-month contract with the possibility of an extension, said: ‘I would like to thank Chelsea FC for their confidence in me and my staff.

‘We all have the greatest respect for Frank Lampard’s work and the legacy he created at Chelsea. At the same time, I cannot wait to meet my new team and compete in the most exciting league in football. I am grateful to now be part of the Chelsea family - it feels amazing!’

Director Marina Granovskaia added: ‘It is never easy to change Head Coach in the middle of the season but we are very happy to secure one of Europe’s best coaches in Thomas Tuchel. There is still much to play for and much to achieve, this season and beyond. We welcome Thomas to the Club.’

Tuchel will take his first training session this evening and will be in the dugout for tomorrow’s Premier League game against Wolves.

The English club could no longer be patient with Lampard and decided to sack him after a run of five defeats from eight Premier League games.

Source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/chelsea-appoints-thomas-tuchel-as-head-coach/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique

Re: Chelsea Appoints Thomas Tuchel As Head Coach by Igahbarr: 8:17pm On Jan 26, 2021
Tourch is better than Lamp, so expect an improved Chelsea team
Re: Chelsea Appoints Thomas Tuchel As Head Coach by Insidenaija: 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
Igahbarr:
Tourch is better than Lamp, so expect an improved Chelsea team
oh, okay ooo
Re: Chelsea Appoints Thomas Tuchel As Head Coach by gregyboy(m): 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
The way chelsea is going they will soon sack this new coach and sort my employment

Trust me i will bring my grandfather ozanigiogio to do wonders for them, any team proving too stubborn the coach nor go sleep for nite

shocked shocked
Re: Chelsea Appoints Thomas Tuchel As Head Coach by Insidenaija: 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique
Re: Chelsea Appoints Thomas Tuchel As Head Coach by slawormiir: 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Chelsea Appoints Thomas Tuchel As Head Coach by Great100000: 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2021
Welcome To Chelsea Thomas, A Great Tactician & He Too Play Beautiful Football..
Re: Chelsea Appoints Thomas Tuchel As Head Coach by Wisebird22(m): 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2021
Great100000:
Welcome To Chelsea Thomas, A Great Tactician & He Too Play Beautiful Football..
forgot to add that he is strict and stubborn...
Re: Chelsea Appoints Thomas Tuchel As Head Coach by aidameoryou: 9:12pm On Jan 26, 2021
WELCOME TO THE BRIDGE THOMAS

Re: Chelsea Appoints Thomas Tuchel As Head Coach by newguy1(m): 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2021
Welcome thomas better pikin bye bye to English boy lampard who wants to turn Chelsea to English elite academy for British boys

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles: Italian Soccer Legend - Roberto Baggio Celebrates Birthday Today! / Top 6 Worst Premier League Footballers In 2020 / Barcelona Named World's Best Team Of The Last 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.