Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. (20794 Views)

Kanye West Remix Davido’s 'IF' Song With A Mass Choir / How Much Does It Cost To Record A Song In A Studio? / Post A Lyrics Of A Song, And See Who Gets It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2021
The greatest weapon of the devil is discouragement. Don't allow it.
First, make sure you win the battle on the inside.

I wish you well.

1 Like

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by darsh(m): 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2021
I'm An Entertainment Enthusiast and I need to tell You That..
Without Proper Promotion With The Right Team and Promoters You Won't Have A Successful Stand In Music..
Music If Far More Than What You Think It Is..
And Your Music Has Gotta Be Good And Smooth Enough To Draw Attentions..
Iamdbull:
I decided to open a new account to post this, as I am posting this am holding tears back because am inside a bus from Lagos back to my base in Ogun state.

The last thing I want in my life is to be a public figure because am a strong introvert and I hardly go out, I just want to be left alone.

Now during this festive period I travelled to my home state and on getting home, everyone was just talking about my old song and they were disturbing me to freestyle for them.

Deep down this started making me feel like am not following my purpose in life, I started having this feeling that on my dying bed I will live to regret that I didnt following my music career and thinking about the number of people my music could have put smile on their faces. I will never forgive myself, because what is life when you cant use your talent to be of service to humanity.

When I see younger artiste like Omah lay, Bella schmurda, etc I start feeling jealous and envious and the last thing I want is to be envious of another man's success.

Now even though everywhere was a lively mood and everywhere bubbling in the studio. On going home I started becoming depressed looking at the amount of money I spent on recording ( I really wanted the best so I decided to work with an expensive professional sound engineer that worked on Wizkid made in lagos album.

I can't tell anybody about what I did because I will be mocked at home for spending such an amount on my useless music career(as they will say at home). Tears is beginning to roll down my eyes as I write this but fortunately everywhere is dark.

I am panicking and feeling the song will be wack when it comes out and am a good for nothing person. I can't hold back tears in the bus.

Below is a picture of when I was invited by glo to come and perform but I bleeped it up because I was too shy to perform well in front of the crowd, Tuface, D'banj, don jazzy, Wizkid were all present

The reason why am writing this here is because nairaland is my only home. it's my only family. I love you all
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Plut01: 6:37pm On Jan 28, 2021
mrfreestuff:

There's something else obviously eating you up and you need to deal with it first.

Why not use your music to voice it out so the burden is off your mind.

Your last line can make him achieve something good within a short period if he follows it.

Life history, sex and slang songs are currently the best ways to enter the music industry.

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Moz22: 6:38pm On Jan 28, 2021
Your village people strong oo
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 28, 2021
southniyikaye:
yes sir

So what do you do.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by lazinny(m): 6:40pm On Jan 28, 2021
I swear , e shock me too
Junnior:
I'm reading the comments on the first page and asking myself if it's Nairaland I'm reading or Reddit. Since when did Nigerians start showing concern and empathy for someone like the op. Wow. I'm impressed!

The Nairalanders I knew would have abused the life out of him for being foolish. Lol
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Champneys: 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamdbull:
I decided to open a new account to post this, as I am posting this am holding tears back because am inside a bus from Lagos back to my base in Ogun state.

The last thing I want in my life is to be a public figure because am a strong introvert and I hardly go out, I just want to be left alone.

Now during this festive period I travelled to my home state and on getting home, everyone was just talking about my old song and they were disturbing me to freestyle for them.

Deep down this started making me feel like am not following my purpose in life, I started having this feeling that on my dying bed I will live to regret that I didnt following my music career and thinking about the number of people my music could have put smile on their faces. I will never forgive myself, because what is life when you cant use your talent to be of service to humanity.

When I see younger artiste like Omah lay, Bella schmurda, etc I start feeling jealous and envious and the last thing I want is to be envious of another man's success.

Now even though everywhere was a lively mood and everywhere bubbling in the studio. On going home I started becoming depressed looking at the amount of money I spent on recording ( I really wanted the best so I decided to work with an expensive professional sound engineer that worked on Wizkid made in lagos album.

I can't tell anybody about what I did because I will be mocked at home for spending such an amount on my useless music career(as they will say at home). Tears is beginning to roll down my eyes as I write this but fortunately everywhere is dark.

I am panicking and feeling the song will be wack when it comes out and am a good for nothing person. I can't hold back tears in the bus.

Below is a picture of when I was invited by glo to come and perform but I bleeped it up because I was too shy to perform well in front of the crowd, Tuface, D'banj, don jazzy, Wizkid were all present

The reason why am writing this here is because nairaland is my only home. it's my only family. I love you all

Ok.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by BRATISLAVA: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamdbull:

amen, thank you so much

You need to gain some self esteem and confidence first. Age isn't a barrier. Talent is.

You need to begin to see yourself as who you want to be and stop downgrading yourself.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Blackdisciple(m): 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2021
Be strong and of a good courage . Talk to God and push ahead towards it, you will see what will happen later.
Stay STRONG bro
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by LyfeJennings(m): 6:44pm On Jan 28, 2021
If U have pushed ur dreams to that stage of sharing the same stage with Don Jazzy. Guy, keep pushing BUT NOTE, U GO SUFFER O. WALAHI, U GO SUFFER DIE BUT IF U CAN BE CONSISTENT. SKY IS A VIEW
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by MrCuteking(m): 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2021
If your song is wack then congratulation cheesy cheesy grin

Na wack song dey sell for we country smiley
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by AreaFada2: 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
Well, good luck. May your dream come true.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by lastchild: 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
you have failed already by considering yourself as a failure
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by WoundedLamb: 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2021
GodWrites:

He overthinks, and that's going to be his undoing.

Left for me, I would advise he start a business that brings him money daily.

Then use the business to finance his musical career.

Without money, he isn't going anyway cause marketing is money.

Yeah... the truth is, an overthinker can't really help himself; he naturally thinks the worst of every situation. And since overthinkers are mostly introverted, the brain tricks him into believing constantly thinking the worst of every situation is the best way to be mentally prepared for any outcome that would drag him out of his shell. But this easily leads to anxiety and most times, depression.

OP needs to surround himself with positive minded people who as also realistic. People who would constantly remind him of what really matters and what doesn't. People who would encourage him but also be sincere enough give him realistic suggestions like the one you gave. People who wouldn't judge him for his mistakes or mock him for his failures but rather appreciate him for having tried.

Mental health is everything.

1 Like

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by GodWrites: 6:55pm On Jan 28, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Yeah... the truth is, an overthinker can't help himself; he naturally thinks the worst of every situation. And since overthinkers are mostly introverted, the brain tricks him into believing constantly thinking the worst of every situation is the best way to be mentally prepared for any outcome that would drag him out of his shell. But this easily leads to anxiety and most times, depression.

OP needs to surround himself with positive-minded people who as also realistic. People who would constantly remind him of what matters and what doesn't. People who would encourage him but also be sincere enough give him realistic suggestions like the one you gave. People who wouldn't judge him for his mistakes or mock him for his failures but rather appreciate him for having tried.

Mental health is everything.

The difference between the successful and the unsuccessful is their MIND.

I only hope he learns to live above the negative chattering in his mind and go after what he wants.

And yes, he needs friends who can probably guide and motivate him. If not, that dude is like to die of suicide soon.

He sounds suicidal.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by macrodata(m): 6:55pm On Jan 28, 2021
Every artist feel in their heart somehow their song is wack. Same way most people don't like to hear the sound of their own voice. It took a while to understand this but now I'm ok hearing myself. Build your confidence if you want to make it. Mop up your face, crying is for bitshes!
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Obc1234(m): 7:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
Where can I get the songs
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by nedekid: 7:01pm On Jan 28, 2021
Is that you on the stage performing?
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by toprealman: 7:04pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamdbull:

Bro drop your songs here . Music is not a pity part thing. If you are good, the world will celebrate you.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by LegendaryArnold(m): 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
Why waste your life saving on recording. I believe while growing, you must have met some musically inclined friends and some must have deviated into singing and making beats... Why not just stick to a very good producer who is your friend ... Y'all can grow together and achieve success... Well, the deed is done, next time just learn from it and never give up on your dreams... It's not by how far but how well...
many might not know P2J but he is the producer behind Wizkid's Made in Lagos album. This dude didn't blow at a young age like Sarz, Pheelz, P. Prime or Young John but look at him today, not every Nigerian artiste can afford his services. I'm using him as an example cos I'm more inclined in the production aspect of music. I could hook you up with a couple of really dope underground producers and y'all can hopefully make magic in the nearest future. All the best
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Daniwak: 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
Get something doing before u venture into music.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Melancholy(m): 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
Stop pre-empting the outcome cos of ur present financial situation! You've paid ur dues now, I assure u success soonest. And please, pray for devine helper that will believe in u and help.

A big thanks to my boss, my big brother HEDGESFUN who came through for me many times and infact support my private life and to the extent of helping my mom. May God continue to uplift him in all ramifications.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:13pm On Jan 28, 2021
Would have been much better if you started out as a youngster. Merely looking at ur pic there, u're a grown nigga.

But that won't stop u from achieving ur goals.

I pray you make it and become the super star you were meant to be.

Ride on, bro.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Daniwak: 7:13pm On Jan 28, 2021
Also leverage the power of Facebook and Instagram ads. Get the data of ppl who likes ur music and u can sell to dem. U can make money through music even without being known like big artist. The goal is d money. Many musician thinks Facebook and Instagram ads for music is a buzz but its a big thing if u know how to use it. With 40k u can get heard and get data if ppl who likes ur song and willing to buy dem
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by golddare: 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamdbull:

Social media has made it easier for any talented person to blow, all you needed to do even while freestyling at your village was to go live of Facebook or Instagram. Showbiz has moved from that level, most of those big shot will come for you if you keep at it. Just find your passion back and develop your self. Good luck.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by teepayne007(m): 7:19pm On Jan 28, 2021
Don't give up my Brother... Stay focused...U wey sing WACK go sing HIT very soon.. Keep up the hope, work to improve your songs,voice and don't forget to PRAY.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 28, 2021
You think Wizkid ,Davido and Burna just choice to smoke igbo over night?.
They all gat stage fright, u better know watin good for you and focus on what pay ur bizz.
Am Shy am Shy won't foot it .
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by zentrich(m): 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2021
ChiefAfonja:
grin

Let me remind you that. Recording your songs with the last amount in your account doesn't guarantee your blowing.

So just keep your mind at 50/50

And go look for cash for massive music promotion if not no body go hear your songs.

This is when your spending just started if you mean business.

I am a music producer, you must not spend all that huge cash, because those guys you hear will bill you madly because of their names.

But all you need was a young talented producer to give you dope beats, very nice recording and then stem out everything..

You can then send to a mix engineer to finish the job for you. That would have saved you half of what you spent cheesy

this comment is valid, it really tell how much of the industry you know, I'm an artiste too and at first I thought meeting those big producers is d shortest cut to blow, until I began contacting them, them bill me 1.4m, the lowest which was Spells charged me 400k and I actually wanted paying until my manager advised me to use a good unpopular producer and send to Swaps to mix and master, then spend massively on promotion.... and off we go, we are currently on the move. I hope to produce with u bro.

1 Like

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by xtervaganza(m): 8:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamdbull:

you will be fine, bro. I used to be very shy like you but I shook it off. If Laycon can become a star today without any real banger you can make it too . Just keep on believing in yourself and your time will come
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Slurity(m): 8:09pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamdbull:

I wish I can slap that Negative though out of your mind. If you did not succeed in life just blame yourself for not believing in yourself. Grow up to a man bro
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by bragamycin: 8:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
Take some weed Nd keep strictly to weed. Drop a link to download ur songs.. I still feel say u Dey use this nairaland grow ur popularity sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt / Download Raba Raba By Upper X Ft M-honeyz Ft Texy / Download Despacito Sheet Music – Luis Fonsi Ft.daddy Yankee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.