Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

My New Horse - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My New Horse (5160 Views)

I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. / My New Found Love / The Genesis Of Ferrariā€™s Prancing Horse (logo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: My New Horse by diportivo: 8:21pm On Sep 05, 2021
SeaTrade:
nna this is one problem with owning trucks in Nigeria.
On a good day while I went to bayelsa for business,all those LG boys looking very ragtag and like thieves hold me,commot my license plates and extorted 70k from me on my Ford ranger,e pain me die but I lock up.Them say pick up na elephant bla bla bla and deserve to pay bla bla bla...I know it was extortion but I paid ,no problems.
The same ford ranger ,I was accosted at Ukwa West abia state,Them collect 8k for basket,i lock up ,I no talk.
The same ford ranger,Them collect 25k for My hand for abobo-isong lga in Cross river unto this and that sticker,I pay and I lock up.
Still ford ranger them collect 15k unto MOT in akwa ibom,i still pay lock up.
Toyota Hilux Them collect 10k for sticker in khana LGA and also 10k for same sticker for my hilux at mile 3 ,PH.
So I've learned my final lessons on how to deal with this;
Never keep down your windows in pick ups and always have all doors locked and secure,
Then runner any bastard that stands in your way in the name of local government and make sure you kill him or her in the process,so they will learn their lessons.
Still this week,was coming back from one of my trips after my truck fell in a ditch only to reach a point on the road to see police and LG boys form a blockade hoping to extort,blocking the road with drums.
I saw them like 400m away,downshifting to 3rd,engage full throttle,the car rev so high but I didn't care,upshift again and was already at 120kph when I got to the rubber drums,everyone shouting hey hey hey as loud as they could,still didn't care yet hit it so hard that it really hit one of the LG boys hard as it flew away from the road, saw him in pains falling down in my rear view mirrors,didn't care and face front.
I hope he dies anyway smiley
I have learnt my lessons,henceforth I will deal with these criminals the hard way as they now connive with police to extort even people that have all sorts of documents to cover their operations,cos I own basically worthless stickers from almost all LGA I visit,which isn't suppose to be so and I even get national coverage.
I will still travel again tomorrow,all I will do is change my truck and use another one cos I know say them go dey find the ford with torch grin grin
If them still block road,I go still bang their drum and i really hope someone gets hurt,
It's too much and i mean it,i want commot for national TV and i hope my case ends this menace nationwide cos I am ready to do what I takes if the disaster I will cause gains public traction.
Not also forgetting roadsafety asking truck owners to put speed limiters in their trucks,something that I use to pass dangerous /robbery prone roads and you say make I put limiter in my car? undecided
Well,those ones own easy cos I will keep paying the meagre 2k fine and won't install any damn limiter
Rubbish!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria / Someone Shud Pls Help Me Check This VIN. It's Urgent Pls / Pimping My 1998 Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.