Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria (5175 Views)

Best SUV For 1 Million Naira Budget? / What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? / Which Is Best SUV For Nigeria Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by king406(m): 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
People of nairaland, please advice me on the best SUV to buy in Nigeria, I want an SUV that is fully loaded and fast. I travel weekly so I need a car with a good engine and good ground clearance. My budget is 3million. Thanks in advance
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
thoght u said u wanted a venza.. anyway am doubting is you will get it at that price
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by king406(m): 12:24am On Aug 27, 2014
Bossforeva: thoght u said u wanted a venza.. anyway am doubting is you will get it at that price
yes I want the venza but seems like the highlander and rav4 have great v6 engines, and the lexus rx350 too.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 27, 2014
king406: yes I want the venza but seems like the highlander and rav4 have great v6 engines, and the lexus rx350 too.

Groan....why would they do that to that chassis? It screams for just a small liter 4 cylinder (1.6/1.cool with maybe a small supercharger and call it a day.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:03am On Aug 27, 2014
king406: yes I want the venza but seems like the highlander and rav4 have great v6 engines, and the lexus rx350 too.
go for what you feels is good.. Just know that you ain't going to get a Venza at that price.. As for the highlander, i dn't know which Model you talking.
A V6 Rav4 whoa! Who knows, there might be a Rav4 V8 SuperCharged in your backyard.
Finally, you may have to settle for a 2006/07 Lexus Rx330 not Rx350, following your budget of 3M locomike et al might clarify you on the rest.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by king406(m): 10:33am On Aug 27, 2014
Bossforeva: go for what you feels is good.. Just know that you ain't going to get a Venza at that price.. As for the highlander, i dn't know which Model you talking.
A V6 Rav4 whoa! Who knows, there might be a Rav4 V8 SuperCharged in your backyard.
Finally, you may have to settle for a 2006/07 Lexus Rx330 not Rx350, following your budget of 3M locomike et al might clarify you on the rest.
oga u mean u don't know that there's a v6 rav4?? The 2008 model comes with two engines, I4 and aa v6, toyota always give two different engines, and I'm talking about 2012 highlander limited. I can get that venza for 3m in cotonou and adding a little 200k won't hurt grin
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
king406: oga u mean u don't know that there's a v6 rav4?? The 2008 model comes with two engines, I4 and aa v6, toyota always give two different engines, and I'm talking about 2012 highlander limited. I can get that venza for 3m in cotonou and adding a little 200k won't hurt grin
thnks.. Buh still have reservations on the price of the a 2012 highlander, limited for that matter, going for such a price.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
king406: oga u mean u don't know that there's a v6 rav4?? The 2008 model comes with two engines, I4 and aa v6, toyota always give two different engines, and I'm talking about 2012 highlander limited. I can get that venza for 3m in cotonou and adding a little 200k won't hurt grin

Even on Prius, YARIS, Tercel, etc

You mean all those Toyotas have a V6 option?
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
CityNG:

Yea of course na angry ! The Prius has a v6 engine , while the corolla sport has a supercharged v6 engine aswell grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Coldplay007(f): 3:17am On Aug 28, 2014
elbedso:
Yea of course na angry ! The Prius has a v6 engine , while the corolla sport has a supercharged v6 engine aswell grin
It's just making sense. I drive a 2005 camry 4 cylinders engine. 2 years ago, a 2005 corolla sports beat me hands down on ore road.. it's been causing me serious headache, it just makes sense now if they come as V6 too.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Coldfaya(m): 3:36am On Aug 28, 2014
Coldplay007:
It's just making sense. I drive a 2005 camry 4 cylinders engine. 2 years ago, a 2005 corolla sports beat me hands down on ore road.. it's been causing me serious headache, it just makes sense now if they come as V6 too.

Lol @ causing serious headache. I'm just imagining the expression on ur face when u gave up chasing. Hahaha. Well it just shows U can't push ur V4 against a V6.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by expert101(m): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
[size=20pt]Buy a LEXUS RX 330. The SUV is smart, beautiful, sharp and very reliable.

You won't regret it.[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by king406(m): 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

no I'm talking about luxury toyota cars here, and those cars u listed here are not common in nigeria excluding the yaris, I guess the ones u listed above are small cars that's why they don't have a v6 options, but all the big toyota's have a v6 option, venza, rav4, camry, avalon, highlander, sienna, fortuner nd 4runner, while landcruiser, prado, sequoia, tundra, fj cruiser have v8 engines. Don't know if avensis have a v6 option
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by king406(m): 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

no I'm talking about luxury toyota cars here, and those cars u listed here are not common in nigeria excluding the yaris, I guess the ones u listed above are small cars that's why they don't have a v6 options, but all the big toyota's have a v6 option, venza, rav4, camry, avalon, highlander, sienna, fortuner nd 4runner, while landcruiser, prado, sequoia, tundra, fj cruiser have v8 engines. Don't know if avensis have a v6 engine
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by king406(m): 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
elbedso:
no the corolla has a V12 BiTurbo AMG while the prius has a 5.2liter V10
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by king406(m): 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
Coldplay007:
dude a corolla doesn't have a V6 engine, elbedso is just playing u, ur camry is faster, maybe the reason why the corolla beat u is that its in a better shape than ur camry, even a simple wheel alignment and balancing can cause u that race. Even a 2.2liter camry 2002 can't be beaten by a corolla which only 1.8liters but there's a corolla xrs model which has a 2.4liter DOHC engine that produces 158bhp
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by king406(m): 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
expert101: [size=20pt]Buy a LEXUS RX 330. The SUV is smart, beautiful, sharp and very reliable.

You won't regret it.[/size]
nah I don't like the engine in that, its a 3.3liter v6 with about 220bhp, I need something bigger. I'm using a car with a 3.5liter v6 engine with 240bhp now so it doesn't make sense to me if I drop down to a 3.3liter engine
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Coldplay007(f): 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
king406: dude a corolla doesn't have a V6 engine, elbedso is just playing u, ur camry is faster, maybe the reason why the corolla beat u is that its in a better shape than ur camry, even a simple wheel alignment and balancing can cause u that race. Even a 2.2liter camry 2002 can't be beaten by a corolla which only 1.8liters but there's a corolla xrs model which has a 2.4liter DOHC engine that produces 158bhp
Not a dude.. I'm a lady, I just like my cars, I can swear there was something about that corolla. My Camry was pristine then, Mileage was 50.000, the car was so clean, I was comfortably cruising at 180km/hr on good roads..
Probably the corolla is the XRS, or It had nitro. grin grin.
the camry had never been beaten by anything less than 3.0 litre engine before then.. I was so sure I was going to beat the car, I even slowed down a bit so he can over take me so I can then have the pleasure of overtaking him... But the car just kept on accelerating, I slowed down when I got to 180 and I still wasn't getting closer..
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
Coldplay007:
Lmao
Sarcasm is beautiful
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Coldfaya:

Lol @ causing serious headache. I'm just imagining the expression on ur face when u gave up chasing. Hahaha. Well it just shows U can't push ur V4 against a V6.
Not really ... A good turbo-4 would trash a v6
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by king406(m): 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Coldplay007:
Not a dude.. I'm a lady, I just like my cars, I can swear there was something about that corolla. My Camry was pristine then, Mileage was 50.000, the car was so clean, I was comfortably cruising at 180km/hr on good roads..
the camry had never been beaten by anything less than 3.0 litre engine before then.. I was so sure I was going to beat the car, I even slowed down a bit so he can over take me so I can then have the pleasure of overtaking him... But the car just kept on accelerating, I slowed down when I got to 180 and I still wasn't getting closer..
lol ok lady, there's always something about corolla's tho, they might have a 1.8liter engine but they're fast on the road especially when on long journeys, and that 2012 corolla that most bankers and business org's use is incredible, I once encountered one of them on abuja airport road with my Qx4, the car beat me on acceleration due to my heavy weight car and I floored my car to about 110mph just to pass him, which I did. As @cityNG said engine badges can deceive..
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by king406(m): 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Coldplay007:
lol ok lady, there's always something about corolla's tho, they might have a 1.8liter engine but they're fast on the road especially when on long journeys, and that 2012 corolla that most bankers and business org's use is incredible, I once encountered one of them on abuja airport road with my Qx4, the car beat me on acceleration due to my heavy weight car and I floored my car to about 100mph just to pass him, which I did. As @cityNG said engine badges can deceive..
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
king406: no I'm talking about luxury toyota cars here, and those cars u listed here are not common in nigeria excluding the yaris, I guess the ones u listed above are small cars that's why they don't have a v6 options, but all the big toyota's have a v6 option, venza, rav4, camry, avalon, highlander, sienna, fortuner nd 4runner, while landcruiser, prado, sequoia, tundra, fj cruiser have v8 engines. Don't know if avensis have a v6 option
The fj cruiser has no stock v8 engine. They're all powered by a 4.0L v6 engine I reckon
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
king406: dude a corolla doesn't have a V6 engine, elbedso is just playing u, ur camry is faster, maybe the reason why the corolla beat u is that its in a better shape than ur camry, even a simple wheel alignment and balancing can cause u that race. Even a 2.2liter camry 2002 can't be beaten by a corolla which only 1.8liters but there's a corolla xrs model which has a 2.4liter DOHC engine that produces 158bhp
Hehehe
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
Coldplay007:
Lol this is funny.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by king406(m): 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
elbedso:
The fj cruiser has no stock v8 engine. They're all powered by a 4.0L v6 engine I reckon
you are right sir, I always forget the fj has a v6 engine coz it doesn't fit in it. And toyota droped the v6 engine in the rav4 this year too
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
elbedso:
Not really ... A good turbo-4 would trash a v6

Some stock 4 cylinders will get it done too.

But you're right. I beat a Cadillac to an inch of its life with my Evo IX.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

Some stock 4 cylinders will get it done too.

But you're right. I beat a Cadillac to an inch of its life with my Evo IX.
What's the difference between a stock 4 cylinder and a turbo 4 ? Aren't there turbo 4 engines in stock mode?
What you meant to say is a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder
Be guided tongue
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
elbedso:
What's the difference between a stock 4 cylinder and a turbo 4 ? Aren't there turbo 4 engines in stock mode?
What you meant to say is a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder
Be guided tongue

I'm not sure what you mean by "be guided" maybe it's a Nigerian thing.

I've never owned a turbo engine car that I've left stock before and I don't know anyone in my circle of automotive friends that has done as such.

I buy turbo cars because you enjoy the power and you can easily and cheaply increase that power with a few add ons.

So ALL of the turbo cars I've owned (maybe 25 or so) have all had at the minimum downpipes, CAI, tune. Many have had more like a full exhaust system including revised manifold, custom tune on the dyno, bigger intercooler.

So you'll have to excuse my assumption, it comes from my own personal experience.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
king406: nah I don't like the engine in that, its a 3.3liter v6 with about 220bhp, I need something bigger. I'm using a car with a 3.5liter v6 engine with 240bhp now so it doesn't make sense to me if I drop down to a 3.3liter engine

Its not 220Bhp, it is 230bhp, but it propel that CUV. To 7.6sec FWD and 7.8secs AWD. Compared to our 3.5L V6 240bhp QX4 8.6ses 4WD and 8.7secs RWD. What I really missed about the QX4 is balanced soft handling on the road and its gush of torque when I slam on the accelerator which causes it to squat on its rear, raise its nose up, perform some wheel spins, which might result in the truck to fishtail if done on a sandy or very wet road before picking up speed.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by expert101(m): 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
king406: nah I don't like the engine in that, its a 3.3liter v6 with about 220bhp, I need something bigger. I'm using a car with a 3.5liter v6 engine with 240bhp now so it doesn't make sense to me if I drop down to a 3.3liter engine

Dude am not sure you know what you are talking? What is the make of the car you drive now?

2005 Lexus RX 330 Produces a 230hp- 3.3L -You have never driven that car to feel how smart and sharp the movement is... it takes a good driver to beat a 240hp machine not what is written on the engine.

By the way which good road in Nigeria do you have to utilize all the horse power in your car except you want to kill yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria by king406(m): 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
expert101:

Dude am not sure you know what you are talking? What is the make of the car you drive now?

2005 Lexus RX 330 Produces a 230hp- 3.3L -You have never driven that car to feel how smart and sharp the movement is... it takes a good driver to beat a 240hp machine not what is written on the engine.

By the way which good road in Nigeria do you have to utilize all the horse power in your car except you want to kill yourself.
2003 infiniti qx4 3.5liter DOHC V6 240bhp.. Abuja to kaduna expressway and abuja highways during the night will do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My New Horse / Introducing YUKO Lubricating Oil... What Your Car Needs / Preventing Trucking Accidents - A Must Read For Truck/Freight Container Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.