Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying (26405 Views)

Panic In Abia Community As Erosion Site Swallows 2-storey Building (Pix, Video) / Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo / Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by Deserea: 9:07am On Jan 27, 2021
Dangote go inflate price, gather our money, lavish am ontop puna for USA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by Ofemmanu1: 9:07am On Jan 27, 2021
Cement remains N2500 @ company price since last year.

The prices you get in your area depends on transportation/handling/logistics involved cos nobody wants to do business and lose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by ElijahIme1992(m): 9:08am On Jan 27, 2021
So me wey wan build my twenty storey mansion how I go do?....abeg make person no quote me o I get covid-21
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by aryzgreat: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2021
lastmessenger:
When will Ibeto start rolling out cement. There is need to break this monopoly.

Ebonyi primitive people are heavy clog in his wheel of progress.

Agha uno
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by Zooposki(f): 9:14am On Jan 27, 2021
You can use earthbags, limestone and river sand to make compressed stabilized earth blocks, clay etc to build your house. These are alternatives that are free in your environment. No need buying Dangote cement. Heck, you can even use shipping containers.
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by IamDavid(m): 9:15am On Jan 27, 2021
truthfulparrot:
Dangote is bitting more than he can chew. Some of us know that if the Federal government allow and encourage other foreign and local investors to invest in cement production in Nigeria, the price will crash to less than N1000.

Even with the current high exchange rate, the price of imported cement will still be less than N2000. If the Federal Government is really serious, it should either call Dangote to order or break his monopoly on cements by lifting the ban on importation of cements.
The argument that Dangote is generating employment for Nigerians is no longer tenable economically as millions are loosing their jobs because of the high cost of cements.

Have you ever wondered, why our billionaire entrepreneurs will donate billions of Naira to support an incompetent candidate for presidency? The fact is that most billionaires in Nigeria thrives under bad government.

One day, Nigerians will be pushed to the wall.

Meanwhile, wise Nigerians are embracing a building technology that requires less blocks and cements.

Great points. On your last paragraph, there are many issues with most non cement based building technologies. The battle against cement has been on for decades, not only in Nigeria but throughout the world.

Firstly and most importantly, the cost of most other solutions are typically significantly higher than that of concrete.

Also, these "new" solutions are not yet proven in real life scenerios. Some have been introduced and have failed after a couple of years. That's why most real estate companies will still use the old reliable cement based solutions.

I'm an architect, and I was privileged to work with a company that converts containers to dwellings. After all our works, a room self contained container costs about 7 million, that will almost complete a 3 bedroom bungalow in my local town. So our clients were rich men who just want to show off their new funny cave to their friends.

However, I'm so interested in any new technology you feel can replace concrete. I'm so so interested!
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:16am On Jan 27, 2021
It is seriously affecting our construction works as Clients are scared to buy at such exorbitant rate....
But happiness flew in last week as I was able to buy #2950 delivered to my site .....
There are certain things that government should have a fixed regulated price for in Nigeria and cement is one of them.....
Still contact us @ CJkatas Consults ltd ( for your contemporary building designs , construction / landscaping works)
Check my signature for more details.....
Daalu nu ( thanks)
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by 2cribz: 9:22am On Jan 27, 2021
P.o.p cement now na God knows how much
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by aheadahead20: 9:28am On Jan 27, 2021
They should allow individuals to import cement since it is cheaper if imported.
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:30am On Jan 27, 2021
Thieves. They should stop blaming EndSars
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by Kpartners: 9:42am On Jan 27, 2021
nony43:
We have lime stone yet cement is still expensive, in my Area it is sold at 4300 per bag. In Benin republic ��, a bag of cement is sold at 800 naira per bag. if convert the CFA to naira

You are a lier
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by bewla(m): 9:43am On Jan 27, 2021
Hadeylex:
That's what happens when an individual (Dangote) controls the prices of virtually all commodities in the country, from cement to rice, flour, sugar, etc. Expectedly, our top politicians are silent because most of them are shareholders in the Dangote Group!
what do u expect

60% of the corvid fund

need to be recovered back now

sho mo
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:45am On Jan 27, 2021
Just got a call from my supplier that he is selling 3100 per bag (bua cement)

3000 (unicem and dangote).

Seems am taking 100 bags nothing is stable in Nigeria mrkt again..
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by Blackdisciple(m): 9:48am On Jan 27, 2021
hmm We wey we never build house yet na 5k we go dey buy cement when our time reach to build.

May God help us oo
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by Jimmyubah2: 10:06am On Jan 27, 2021
Hadeylex:
That's what happens when an individual (Dangote) controls the prices of virtually all commodities in the country, from cement to rice, flour, sugar, etc. Expectedly, our top politicians are silent because most of them are shareholders in the Dangote Group!
Obasanjo's government made Dangote who he is today.
Obj gave him that monopoly licence to become the sole/major manufacturer and distributor of those goods.
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by hush15: 10:29am On Jan 27, 2021
Sicilyjoe:
I would have say that if u don't have money to buy cement u forget it is not by force, after all most of the people supported transporters when they charged x3 of thier initial price during festive season

more importantly is the need for Nigerians to start exploring other building options. that consumes less cement. Our ability to over depend on cement or oil or particular commodity is the reason why we are to and fro cos they know we are lazy when it comes to creativity.

there was a time when this set of blocks came out that interlocks and consumes less than 30 percent cement for pasting and less plastering showed up but we didnt explore it then. we are paying the price now.

just recently i read of a man that built using PETs bottles, we need to ask questions from the man some pertinent questions like what was his cement to sand mix and stuffs like that to know where he saved cost and that sort.

lastly, we also need to consider the kind of houses that we build. we all know bungalows are very low cost. the questions now is how do we now balance efficiency with effectiveness. where we need more bungalows , terrace or even skyscrapers. we shouldnt just build indiscriminately.

else there will be no change in our predicament

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by adecz: 10:33am On Jan 27, 2021
A failed Fulani govt!!
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by sterlingD(m): 10:56am On Jan 27, 2021
ismaog4u:
Where are consumer protection agency ??.. In real sense the price of cement in Nigeria market is arbitrary. Are we saying no one can checkmate this price ?.. This is very terrible

Thank you for raising this point.
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by Rugaria: 11:13am On Jan 27, 2021
nony43:
We have lime stone yet cement is still expensive, in my Area it is sold at 4300 per bag. In Benin republic ��, a bag of cement is sold at 800 naira per bag. if convert the CFA to naira

The man Dangote is evil.. No amount of profit is enough for the dude! Selling a bag of cement for almost 5000 is simply criminal!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by Funkybabee(f): 11:34am On Jan 27, 2021
everything is a joke in this country. cement 2600 on Friday even till Sunday morning ooo
gbam Monday morning, it done go back to #3000

1 Like

Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by Emyogalanya: 11:36am On Jan 27, 2021
Abujaexpress:
The monopolistic handiwork of Dangote and his brother, Abdulsamad of Bua cement
If its igbos that sole produce cements the whole country will call them greedy. But now no one sees dangote as criminal
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by AKWATGOLD1(m): 11:37am On Jan 27, 2021
Dangote & BUA cement has suffocate Ewekoro Cement out of business.
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by ebuclassic18(m): 12:17pm On Jan 27, 2021
even when they're extorting from Nigerians they blame covid-19
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by Oshokalo: 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2021
na only dangote cement dey nigeria ,were is elephant and bua, lafarge let there be competition
tomorrow this man go become richest man in the world
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by DECENCY3: 1:35pm On Jan 27, 2021
Why won't this happen when the govt can't venture into the production of these commodities for the good or not he coming man.

They want it high so only the rich can continue buying it to build. God no go shame us
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by 400billionman: 3:57pm On Jan 27, 2021
Cement is not fuel.

You can't store it beyond one month.

It will cake.

Dealers are catching cruise now.
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by 400billionman: 4:07pm On Jan 27, 2021
PropertyVendor:
Dangote officially increased the price of Cement last Sunday, now it's sold for 3,200 in Benin City.

How much for ex depot price ?
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by Donedeal1(m): 6:39pm On Jan 27, 2021
FG should give room for imported cement, and see the price crashed like crazy within a short time.
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by Freddd009: 7:25pm On Jan 27, 2021
Donedeal1:
FG should give room for imported cement, and see the price crashed like crazy within a short time.

Best option but the demons in power won't make it happen
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by gravity007: 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2021
The sad truth is that all the 3 of them in Nigeria- Dangote, BUA & Lafarge all work hand in hand.
They increase prices at the same time and reduce at the same time.
However, Dangote will the largest market share takes the lead while the other 2 just follow.
They have all increased their prices officially on Monday 25th.
You cannot get cement less than 2900.
Its crazy
Re: Cement: FG Cautions Against Panic Buying by nedekid: 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2021
Sicilyjoe:

Can someone buy from cotonou and bring it to naija ?
I don't think so.
It will be contraband.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Idiagbon Estate,majek..dry Land Plenty For Here / Cost Of Rent In Osun State Nigeria | Cotenant.ng / 4 People Rescued From Collapsed Building In Oke Arin, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.