Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

How I Lost My Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Lost My Job (1776 Views)

Just Lost My Job / Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment / What I Did Yesterday After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost My Job by McClinton: 12:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
Good afternoon nairalanders, I lost my job yesterday afternoon.
The Reason - I am sales/credit /loan agent. I worked In a company that is target driven. I am assigned to a store/outlet where I work regularly and makes sales. I am assigned to a supervisor who I report my sales to. I have allocated target I must make per day, weekly and monthly which I exceeds and has kept me on the job since 2019.
6 month ago, store/outlet I worked with begin to change its policy and it gradually affects my customer and my sales were dropping bit by bit which I Informed my company including my supervisor but nothing was done. In January 2021, the company change its policy finally that anyone that must patronize my business or bought an item from me must first buy there product, either by force or anyhow or I buy it for them. This kept customer from coming in, people don't like been forced to do things and even it's expensive in our store compare to outside e.g the least item they must buy is 1200 while outside is 300 naira. My sales began to drop drastically, target were hardly met. In order for me to stay on the job to feed my family, customer who objected the company's policy moved to our other store /outlet , so I followed them to make the bills and registration making the supervisor of that other store scorecard rise, incentives more and my targets more while my store is low and my supervisor store incentives will be low too because they make money from every bills and registration we make. Since all the stores profit are going to the company's account, the company never mind as long as am selling until last week my supervisor connived with some heads. They brought out my target scorecard, they found that 4 were done in my store while 10 were done outside my store giving other team/supervisor sales more than my store. Nevertheless, they knew, but my supervisor persist further on it. They advise me to go, that am sacked. It pains me, a shocked I never expect.
Now, during the course of my low sales. I made an alternative. I rented a shop for my wife. We are yet to set it up that I was sacked.
Please I need a job right now,
I have B. Sc, P.GD, Chartered with some other professional qualications and experiences
This is my no and also on whassap - 08026110754

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Job by Brunicekid(m): 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2021
McClinton:
Good afternoon nairalanders, I lost my job yesterday afternoon.
The Reason - I am sales/credit /loan agent. I worked In a company that is target driven. I am assigned to a store/outlet where I work regularly and makes sales. I am assigned to a supervisor who I report my sales to. I have allocated target I must make per day, weekly and monthly which I exceeds and has kept me on the job since 2019.
6 month ago, store/outlet I worked with begin to change its policy and it gradually affects my customer and my sales were dropping bit by bit which I Informed my company including my supervisor but nothing was done. In January 2021, the company change its policy finally that anyone that must patronize my business or bought an item from me must first buy there product, either by force or anyhow or I buy it for them. This kept customer from coming in, people don't like been forced to do things and even it's expensive in our store compare to outside e.g the least item they must buy is 1200 while outside is 300 naira. My sales began to drop drastically, target were hardly met. In order for me to stay on the job to feed my family, customer who objected the company's policy moved to our other store /outlet , so I followed them to make the bills and registration making the supervisor of that other store scorecard rise, incentives more and my targets more while my store is low and my supervisor store incentives will be low too because they make money from every bills and registration we make. Since all the stores profit are going to the company's account, the company never mind as long as am selling until last week my supervisor connived with some heads. They brought out my target scorecard, they found that 4 were done in my store while 10 were done outside my store giving other team/supervisor sales more than my store. Nevertheless, they knew, but my supervisor persist further on it. They advise me to go, that am sacked. It pains me, a shocked I never expect.
Now, during the course of my low sales. I made an alternative. I rented a shop for my wife. We are yet to set it up that I was sacked.
Please I need a job right now,
I have B. Sc, P.GD, Chartered with some other professional qualications and experiences
This is my no and also on whassap - 08026110754

God will sort things out for you... People are facing a lot these days!

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Job by McClinton: 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
Brunicekid:
God will sort things out for you... People are facing a lot these days!
Thanks. I appreciate
Re: How I Lost My Job by FatherCHRISTMAS: 3:40pm On Jan 27, 2021
In such well established organization that can hire a man with B. Sc, P.GD, Chartered with other
professional; they will most definitely provide you with funds after being laid off.

Once this fund is paid to you, it's best you use it to set up your own retail or wholesale business.

Also based on your level of experience it won't be hard to get a better place to work soon. Came about a job opening, I will try and look for the thread and mention you on it. The vacancy is still very available although you didn't mention your state.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job by Ourown(m): 3:46pm On Jan 27, 2021
Sorry about your job loss. What was the product you were selling? Can you start yours? Even if it's a little beginning?

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job by McClinton: 6:49pm On Jan 27, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
In such well established organization that can hire a man with B. Sc, P.GD, Chartered with other
professional; they will most definitely provide you with funds after being laid off.

Once this fund is paid to you, it's best you use it to set up your own retail or wholesale business.

Also based on your level of experience it won't be hard to get a better place to work soon. Came about a job opening, I will try and look for the thread and mention you on it. The vacancy is still very available although you didn't mention your state.
Thanks for your response. Out of no job, I took up a Chinese work. They employ me inside a phone store where I do sell mobile loans to customers popularly called Easybuy - buying phones and paying in installment. It's a annual contract that you renew based on performance but not permanent job. Am living in Lagos and am open to work any location in or out of Lagos.
Re: How I Lost My Job by McClinton: 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2021
Ourown:
Sorry about your job loss. What was the product you were selling? Can you start yours? Even if it's a little beginning?
I sell mobile loan to customers. I do Easybuy for people that wants to get phone on credit. I have the intention of starting my own business so I rented a shop, to set up a business Centre for my wife and also carry out sim swap, sim registrations, upgrade and equally selling atleast 2 pairs of android phone, accessories etc which I will sell cos the shop is spacious but unfortunately after renting the shop, painted the walls that I got sacked. It really crumble so many things as I don't have enough with me. So, I need either a support or job to uplift me
Re: How I Lost My Job by VictorUSA(m): 7:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
I feel the pain of what u're passing through...but nothing just happen....when things happen, we're bound to learn from them.This is a historic moment in ur life that is meant to send u higher.Just cool and u'll soon find a job.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job by McClinton: 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

I will gladly appreciate the job post or link to get a job
Re: How I Lost My Job by HoluGraze: 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2021
Some boss are heartless

I hate all these target jobs, but wetin man go do
Re: How I Lost My Job by Teacher1776(m): 5:28am On Jan 28, 2021
please i need the contacts of your former boss. am interested i
Re: How I Lost My Job by Teacher1776(m): 5:28am On Jan 28, 2021
please i need the contacts of your former boss. am interested i
Re: How I Lost My Job by McClinton: 9:03am On Jan 28, 2021
Teacher1776:
please i need the contacts of your former boss.
am interested i
There is no opening for now. The new intake has resume job and are place for 2 weeks probation and after it's sacking. It's a target driven

(1) (Reply)

How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer / Vacancies In Tower Aluminium / Gtassurance Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.