Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Corruption: Buhari’s Regime Out Of Steam, Says Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: Buhari’s Regime Out Of Steam, Says Soyinka (192 Views)

I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari / Personally, I Hate Corruption - Buhari / Don’t Crucify Ortom For Leaving APC, Says Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corruption: Buhari’s Regime Out Of Steam, Says Soyinka by Basoenewokoma(m): 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2021
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has said the regime of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has run out of steam in the fight against corruption.

According to him, this has resulted in the judiciary being manipulated by powerful people in the country.

The playwright spoke on Wednesday during a television programme, Kakaaki, on AIT, which was monitored by our correspondent.

READ ALSO: Fixing health sector important than buying COVID-19 vaccines, Bill Gates tells FG

Soyinka said the system had become corrupted so badly that court cases were being stretched out through technicalities.

“There are so many people who should be in prison if this government had not run out of steam, and so the system is being manipulated. There are cases where the prosecution had reached the level where evidence had been given on governors who had been stealing and depositing in bits and pieces so as not to flout a certain regulation. I mean cases have been taken to that level and suddenly, silence. The EFCC, which I back solidly ever since the days of (Nuhu) Ribadu, in all kinds of ways, we no longer know the distinguishing from rights and left,” he added.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: We’ve licensed telcos to provide NIN, says NIMC

On restructuring and devolution of powers, the laureate queried why the National Assembly refused to take responsibility since the executive had been hesitant on the issues.

He said the struggle of some selfish lawmakers for committee positions where the “goodies are shared” made them accomplices of the executive.

VIDEO: Fulani who attacked me killed my guard, took away his heart- Former presidential candidate, Falae

“And it is the responsibility of the constituency to remind them of these derelictions, these failures to come up to scratch as expected when they come round next for elections,” he added.

Good afternoon your honor
I need a financial support from you guy's and any help you laid down will just take me like a dream.
Basoene wokoma Access bank 0795807954
' https:///sp10dYpcH1

Re: Corruption: Buhari’s Regime Out Of Steam, Says Soyinka by blowjob: 4:29pm On Jan 27, 2021
HAHAHA grin grin

Oil DON LOW grin grin

OUT OF STEAM grin grin

(1) (Reply)

What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency, Not Banditry — Sheikh Gummi / Video: Akwa Ibom Govt Hold Valedictory Session, Immortalizes Late Nkanga / Your Retrial Is A Pathway To Your Political Greatness, Cleric To Sen  Orji  Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.