Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,991 members, 7,810,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari (19752 Views)

Personally, I Hate Corruption - Buhari / Corruption: Buhari Expresses Frustration Over Slow Justice System / Why We Are Slow In Fighting Corruption – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Racoon(m): 4:34am On Sep 04, 2023
Former President Muhammadu Buhari has praised his administration for, according to him, coming on a rescue mission and effectively saving Nigeria from corrupt undertones that were planted to expose its economy to imminent collapse. He said that the success of the administration in the fight against corruption was unprecedented.

This is contained in a statement issued on Sunday by his spokesman, Garba Shehu, in response to the allegations raised against him by former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adokie, over Process & Industrial Developments (P&ID), Paris Club, and the Ajaokuta steel company.

The statement noted that the cases cited by Adoke as a reference point for the Buhari administration’s corruption were cases that originated in a government in which he was the man responsible for the administration of justice.

While noting that the contract and incidental judgement in the P&ID were inherited by his administration, Buhari maintained that, to his credit, he succeeded in stopping its execution even when the previous administration that was responsible for the creation of the liability watched helplessly and exposed Nigeria to over $10 billion in liability.

The statement added: The Paris club saga that Adokie cited as an example of corrupt practises of the Buhari administration is not in any way different in origin and circumstances from the case of P&ID. It was rooted in administrations that predated that of President Muhammadu Buhari. Adoke was a product of the administration that planted the evil foundation and the judgements that resulted therefrom.

The logical conclusion any reasonable person can draw on P&ID, Paris Club, and Ajaokuta is that President Buhari came on a rescue mission and effectively saved Nigeria from corrupt undertones that were planted to expose its economy to imminent collapse. The success of the Buhari administration in the fight against corruption is unprecedented.

“New legislation was introduced, major recoveries were made at home, stolen monies were repatriated from abroad, and they were judiciously deployed in infrastructure development. High-profile convictions were recorded in unprecedented numbers, with enhanced percentages over and above the records in existence.

“It is in international recognition of these efforts that the African Union chose the former President as its African Continental Anti-Corruption Champion. Additional recognitions by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Corruption (UNODC), among others, were also lauded by the former president and his administration.

“Adokie also made some wild allegations in the aviation sector. The efforts of the Buhari administration in aviation are known: They were visible in terms of capital infrastructure development, safety, and policy; they changed the face of the aviation sector into an attractive one for investment, resulting in new airlines coming on board. No major commercial airline incident was recorded throughout this period.”

All Nigerians, by right, can say whatever they want about the Buhari administration. No one is offended by their actions, right or wrong. But when you come out with innuendos of corruption written all over your face and say that you want to moralise and pontificate, Nigerians in different walks of life will have problems with that,” the statement declared.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/i-saved-nigeria-from-corruption-buhari/

I saved Nigeria from corruption — Buhari replies Adokie

Former President Muhammadu Buhari has boasted that his administration saved Nigeria from corruption.
Buhari said his administration saved Nigeria from corrupt undertones planted to expose Nigeria’s economy to collapse.

He disclosed this in a statement by his spokesman, Garba Shehu, in response to the allegations raised against him by former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adokie, over Process & Industrial Developments (P&ID), Paris Club, and the Ajaokuta steel company.

The former president said the cases identified by Adokie originated from an administration that the former Attorney General was part of. Buhari stressed that his administration inherited the contract and incidental judgement in the P&ID.

The statement reads partly: “The logical conclusion any reasonable person can draw on P&ID, Paris Club, and Ajaokuta is that President Buhari came on a rescue mission and effectively saved Nigeria from corrupt undertones that were planted to expose its economy to imminent collapse. The success of the Buhari administration in the fight against corruption is unprecedented.”
https://dailypost.ng/2023/09/02/buhari-administration-most-incompetent-in-nigerias-history-adoke/

Buhari administration most incompetent in Nigeria’s history – Adoke
Former Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Mohammed Bello Adoke, has postulated that the administration of the immediate past president, Muhammadu Buhari, is the “most incompetent” Nigeria ever had.He said the government was run by “a set of political morons.”

Adoke stated this in an interview with Adesua Giwa-Osagie, while commenting on the corruption allegations pressed against him and former Senate President, Abubakar Bukola Saraki, by the immediate past government.

He said despite Saraki’s opposition to his appointment as Minister of Justice under former President Goodluck Jonathan, he and the ex-Kwara State Governor are now friends. He described Saraki as one of the “emerging leaders” of the country.

Adoke said, “Bukola Saraki was the Chairman of the Governors’ Forum at that time. He didn’t want me as Minister of Justice, possibly, because he was uncomfortable with me. He didn’t know me. And he felt that I might not serve his political interests.

And there’s nothing wrong with that. Today, it will amaze you to know that Bukola and myself are very good friends. I respect him. He is one of the emerging leaders of this country.

“He has served as Senate President of this country. He has served as governor. And he stands out well, irrespective of his political persecution. He remains one of the few politicians in this country that have demonstrated, in office capacity, competency in terms of leadership.”

The host asked: “So, you believe that the corruption allegations against him is political persecution?” Mr
Adoke responded: “I have been a victim of corruption allegations by the immediate past government. The most incompetent government we’ve ever seen in this country; ran by the most incompetent President that this country has ever had and will never have again. And ran by a set of political morons.
https://dailypost.ng/2023/09/02/buhari-administration-most-incompetent-in-nigerias-history-adoke/

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Racoon(m): 4:34am On Sep 04, 2023
We can see, therefore, that President Buhari’s anti-corruption fervour is merely self-serving. He regards only his political opponents as having the copyright on corruption. By this token, every allegation of corruption leveled against his friends and financiers must be “baseless.”
https://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2018/10/23/president-buhari-is-not-against-corruption-by-femi-aribisala/

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Racoon(m): 4:34am On Sep 04, 2023
Dunning Kruger Effect; "Wherein incompetent people do not only fail to realize their incompetence but consider themselves more competent than anyone else."
Always suffering from hallucination and granduer delusion. This is one of the reason why military intervention is now a recurrent decimal in the African continent when failed leaders keep on form defiance about their catastrophic failures as administrators of the former vassals of the colonial masters.

Imagine a monumental failure of Buhari kind-both as former military HOS and autocratic tyrant glorifying his failure and idiocy? Blame the wicked people like Bola Tinubu, Adams Oshiomhole, etc who went to resurrect a rotten bag of bone, garbed him in borrowed robes, foist him to govern a country with multi-complex problems, who of course ended up bastardizing it beyond repairs. Today, they are still regaling us with blame games.

94 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Racoon(m): 4:37am On Sep 04, 2023
Former Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Mohammed Bello Adoke, has postulated that the administration of the immediate past president, Muhammadu Buhari, is the “most incompetent” Nigeria ever had.He said the government was run by “a set of political morons.”
shocked This is really an epic reply. This idiot continue to insult the sensibility of Nigerians simply because of the Inordinate political ambition of emilokan. They are knew Buhari was rotten, sadistic, clannish, obsessed with ethno-politico-religious supremacist sentiments.

Tinubu and his likes white-washed this tyrant and garbed him in borrowed robes and foisted on this nation. The rest is history. Meanwhile, Emilokan said Buhari has done well. So it is his turn o. Now, they have started blaming the same Buhari the wickedly enthroned as messiah. So who is fooling who?

"Tinubu Govt Inherited Terrible Economic Situation - Oshiomhole"
https://www.nairaland.com/7805326/tinubu-govt-inherited-terrible-economic#125147388
"Tinubu Govt Inherited "Dead Horse But Standing Economy" - Charles Soludo

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Chibuzoripob: 4:40am On Sep 04, 2023
sad MALAMI,PASTOR EMEFIELE are THIEVES OOO baba Daura sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Malroux: 4:41am On Sep 04, 2023
How can corruption himself save a country from corruption? Buhari destroyed Nigeria beyond redemption.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Wisereborn: 4:44am On Sep 04, 2023
Abi you legalize am sef grin

The worst head of state/president Nigeria ever had

Currently as I speak, Tinubu is trying to beat your record

Shenanigans

159 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Racoon(m): 4:46am On Sep 04, 2023
Wisereborn:
Abi you legalize am sef. The worst head of state/president Nigeria ever had.Currently as I speak, Tinubu is trying to beat your record.Shenanigans
What an insult on the sensibility of the remaining living people in Nigeria today.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by meum: 4:47am On Sep 04, 2023
Bubu come & tell us how. E be like na corruption win za pite wey you pite wiz am.

2 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by jumobi1(m): 4:49am On Sep 04, 2023
Racoon:
This is one of the reason why military intervention is now a recurrent decimal in the African continent when failed leaders form defiance about their catastrophic failures as administrators of the former vassals of the colonial masters.

Imagine a monumental failure of Buhari kind-both as former military HOS and autocratic tyrant glorifying his failure and idiocy? Blame the wicked people like Bola Tinubu, Adams Oshiomhole, etc who went to resurrect a rotten bag of bone, garbed him in borrowed robes, foist him to govern a country with multi-complex problem, but ended up bastardizing it beyond repairs. Today, they are still regaling us with blame games.

I enjoy your writing style.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by HitRun(m): 4:49am On Sep 04, 2023
This man is deluded.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by vizboy(m): 4:52am On Sep 04, 2023
LMAO... Who dey deceive this one

10 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by ican2020: 4:53am On Sep 04, 2023
Buhari should keep quiet

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Racoon(m): 4:54am On Sep 04, 2023
jumobi1:
I enjoy your writing style.
Well appreciated sir. Good morning. Welcome!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:07am On Sep 04, 2023
This one needs mental check

16 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:08am On Sep 04, 2023
Corruption saved Nigeria from you

14 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Westerhoffe(m): 5:30am On Sep 04, 2023
undecided

Really?
Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by olatuneji: 6:04am On Sep 04, 2023
LMAO!!
See who is talking, these people are really taking us for a ride.

7 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:10am On Sep 04, 2023
Buhari should hide himself in shame...

saved Nigeria from which corruption?.. SMH

it's only Yoruba Muslims, RONU gang and Agbadorians that you can deceive..

They defended your government for bloody eight years with an empty and hungry stomach

22 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by GanagiBitrus: 6:20am On Sep 04, 2023
Or rather, Corruption saved you from Nigeria. cheesy
If not for corruption, Buhari like Emefiele should be in jail, for the damage his regime did to Nigeria.

17 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Uyomiya: 6:24am On Sep 04, 2023
Una never see anything stupid gullible animals.

Manabbq don calm down after poverty use am so wrapper.

Remaining helinues

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by YungINchrist: 6:50am On Sep 04, 2023
Baba go explain tire No evidence grin grin

11 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by lokotamak(m): 7:22am On Sep 04, 2023
Abi u add to it grin grin grin
Old Age don dey worry this bubu

3 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by jmoore(m): 7:28am On Sep 04, 2023
APC Buhari ran the most corrupt government ever in the history of Nigeria.

The asslickers of Buhari were screaming 'corruption is fighting back'.
Some of them have to wait till Buhari completed his second tenure before they removed 1/10 of their hypocrisy to accuse any appointed official of Buhari of corruption

8 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by SmartPolician: 7:33am On Sep 04, 2023
A man who doesn't know what is happening around him is talking about fighting corruption.

Isn't that the 8th Wonder of the World? undecided

Buhari and Tinubu are only interested in grabbing power using any means necessary with no idea what to do with it.

14 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Pwettylinda(f): 7:36am On Sep 04, 2023
Na thunder ⚡ go finish this man undecided undecided undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by kokoA(m): 7:39am On Sep 04, 2023
Please we are still trying to erase the memory of the last eight years completely, these guys should just shut up and let us be.

11 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Benekkk: 7:41am On Sep 04, 2023
Love this! In the lighter mood! grin
Nigerians shouldn’t have to be crying all the time.
Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by 2BabaNairaland: 7:43am On Sep 04, 2023
Shey you dey wine me be Bahari.

3 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Judolisco(m): 8:00am On Sep 04, 2023
Baba u could not even save yourself.... D looting during buhari's era can't be compared to any other regime.... Shey na accountant general loot we wan talk or d money wey dem use cut grass..... Buhari dat it was during his time dat his family members were shooting gun in Aso villa as if they were playing GTA, jumping fence up and down... Omo

6 Likes

Re: I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari by Padipadi(m): 8:01am On Sep 04, 2023
Ahhhh God ll judge you o

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Copying The United States / Nigerian Economy May Collapse Soon – Peter Obi / N45m Form: INEC Should Penalize Buhari For Violating Electoral Act - PDP Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.