Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt (314 Views)

We Are Investigating Video Of Bandits, Soldiers In Katsina – DHQ / We Are Investigating One Ministry Over ₦‎4 Billion Contract Scam – EFCC / Cash Swap Riots: We Are Investigating Governors Over Inciting Utterances – IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by Amotolongbo(f): 4:16pm On Jan 27, 2021
The Ekiti State government has disclosed that it was investigating the report of the farm invasion by suspected herdsmen in Aduloju farmstead located along Ado-Ijan road in the state capital.

The secretary of Maize Growers Processing Marketer Association of Nigeria (MAGPAMAN) in the state, Mr Tope Emmanuel told journalists on Tuesday that herdsmen invaded their farm covering 235 hectares of land and destroyed multi-million naira maize.

The state Commissioner for Information, Mr Akin Omole in a statement made available to newsmen on Wednesday in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital sympathized with the 160 affected farmers, saying everything possible would be done to address the situation.

He said, “The state government and security operatives are investigating and in control of situation surrounding the only skirmish that occurred at Ago Aduloju at the outskirts of the State capital.

“The State Government sympathises with all those who were affected by this and would like the community to be assured that no efforts will be spared to ensure that Ekiti citizens are able to conduct their affairs in peace, unhindered by criminals of any kind.”

Omole assured residents of the government’s readiness to ensure the protection of lives and property, adding that, ” relevant security agencies including the State Amotekun Corps are monitoring the State boundaries round the clock.”

Stressing the commitment of the Fayemi-led administration to the general wellbeing of people in the State, the information commissioner advised the people to go about their lawful businesses, ” without fear of intimidation or threats to their lives and property.”

In a related development, the Commissioner of Police, CP Tunde Mobayo has urged residents of the state to be vigilant and report strange and suspicious movement in their vicinity through the dedicated telephone number- 0806 233 5577 for prompt action by the command.

Speaking through the command’s spokesman, ASP Sunday Abutu, the CP noted that the command was ready to combat all forms of criminalities and ensure the maximum protection of lives and property.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/we-are-investigating-herdsmen-invasion-of-farm-in-ekiti-―-govt/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by MickzyDonald: 4:18pm On Jan 27, 2021
FEM joor
Re: We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by Iamgrey5(m): 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2021
Leave them to ball in their new home

You told to come home.
Re: We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by PureMe01: 4:22pm On Jan 27, 2021
How can you be investigating someone's majestic entrance into his home??
like I don't understand

Re: We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by osscarr(m): 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2021
don't bother
Ekiti is their home - Gov Fayemi
so they can do as they like
Re: We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2021
Investigate my áss, the state government wants to hush the matter and cover for the terrorist herdsmen. Just reimburse the farmers 100m for damages and trauma cool
Re: We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by IlovePMB: 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2021
The Fulanis are at their home town (Ekiti) now enjoying. Home sweet home. Cowards and fools. In Tinubu's voice, where are their cows. Is Hope Uzodimma a herdsman.
Re: We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by olajizz01(m): 4:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
This useless man again,I think you said you have given entire Ekiti land to Fulani terrorists because of one plate of porridge (presidential ambition).

I think I have seen all when Coward Makinde ordered for the arrest of his brother,This one kuku dash them the whole Ekiti land,useless leader everywhere.
Re: We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by yemmight(m): 4:55pm On Jan 27, 2021
What are you investigating?
Re: We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
Ok. It is noted.
Re: We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by illicit(m): 6:19pm On Jan 27, 2021
Better....
Re: We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by BigSarah(f): 6:31pm On Jan 27, 2021
You gave an invitation, the invitation was accepted what is there to investigate again.
Re: We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by Oladele99(m): 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2021
IlovePMB:
The Fulanis are at their home town (Ekiti) now enjoying. Home sweet home. Cowards and fools. In Tinubu's voice, where are their cows. Is Hope Uzodimma a herdsman.
This cracked me grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Are Investigating Herdsmen Invasion Of Farm In Ekiti ― Govt by Charmingrascal(m): 6:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
Fayemi said herdsmen are welcome in Ekiti.

He is such an insensitive Governor, there is no difference btw him and Tinubu, they both don't want to be against the Fulani because of their Presidential ambition.

They have chosen their greedy and selfish ambition over their people, we will shock them come 2023.

I used to think Fayemi was wise until when he invited herdsmen to Ekiti.

Dear Omoluabis I hope y'all are seeing this? I hope we now know those who really care and those who are driven by selfishness and greed.

Yoruba ronu oooo!!!

(1) (Reply)

. / Onyejeocha Pays 2021 WAEC Fees Of All Public Schools In Isuikwuato/umunneochi / Nnamdi Kanu Fingers Security Agents As IPOB Lawyer Escapes Assassination Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.