Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Is Kali Linux A Programming Language Or An Os - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Kali Linux A Programming Language Or An Os (1613 Views)

How To Increase Your Instagram Followers Using Kali Linux / HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not / What Are The Tools Needed To Create An OS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Kali Linux A Programming Language Or An Os by BarrSly: 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
My Kali version is Kali 2021.2

It works on windows it even shows on list of usb devices on virtual box but won’t come up on kali

Ifconfig only gives eth0 and l0

airsaylongcome:

Share your environment spec?

Kali version
Hardware spec? (x86, x64 or ARM architecture)

I run Kali off a Raspberry Pi and that USB dongle works. Are you 100% the cable is good? Tried to connect it on Windows to see if it works there?

Finding supported Wi-Fi hardware locally is often a challenge
Re: Is Kali Linux A Programming Language Or An Os by airsaylongcome: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
BarrSly:
My Kali version is Kali 2021.2

It works on windows it even shows on list of usb devices on virtual box but won’t come up on kali

Ifconfig only gives eth0 and l0

Are you running Kali in a VM? Have you installed the VBox add on?
Re: Is Kali Linux A Programming Language Or An Os by BarrSly: 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
I am running it on virtual box.

Hmm Vbox guest addition is one thing I don’t think I have done.. let me check that out thanks chief .
airsaylongcome:

Re: Is Kali Linux A Programming Language Or An Os by BarrSly: 9:53pm On Aug 10, 2021
Didn’t solve it either.. almost giving up on this thing..
airsaylongcome:

Re: Is Kali Linux A Programming Language Or An Os by Busch: 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2021
Hey guys, I'm also new to the whole Kali experience, I'm taking a cyber security course tho. But I'd advice to use the internet to troubleshoot most of the troubles you're having. Try watching this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEXwOkyYNL0
Re: Is Kali Linux A Programming Language Or An Os by EvilSec: 9:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
BarrSly:

Bro it hasn’t been easy oo stuff arrived yesterday and it’s been a battle.. Kali won’t even recognize it when I run the ‘lsusb’ line.

What do I do bro?
Switch to Vmware workstation. After installing and launching the Kali instance, navigate to VM, removable devices and select your adapter to the Kali VM.
Alternatively, you can plug it in after running the Kali instance. It should prompt you on whether you want to use the adapter on the host OS or Kali VM.

2 Likes

Re: Is Kali Linux A Programming Language Or An Os by BarrSly: 2:37am On Aug 13, 2021
Yea I think I’ll switch to VMware ...

The alternate option doesn’t seem to apply on windows but Mac.

Thanks once again.

EvilSec:

Switch to Vmware workstation. After installing and launching the Kali instance, navigate to VM, removable devices and select your adapter to the Kali VM.
Alternatively, you can plug it in after running the Kali instance. It should prompt you on whether you want to use the adapter on the host OS or Kali VM.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out My Nairaland Clone Website Page / Dhtml Pastebin / Codebin : Run Php/jscript/html Online / Querying Documents In Excel Into Html???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.