Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips (359 Views)

What Some Redditors Think Of Nairaland / Adeiza4u Of Nairaland Finally Graduates From Federal University Lokoja / Nairaland Messaging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 27, 2021
From observations a lot- I mean a lot- of Nairaland users have a way with messaging symbols. I see these things but do not know how to use them. I'm requesting you guys to contribute your knowledge here. If there's a link or platform for this already please let me know.
Re: Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2021
https://
www.nairaland.com/417772/enhancing-nairaland-posts-mobile#5747112
That's a former thread on the topic initiated years ago by a true contributor! I will try to explain each item. Note that you may not need to write any symbol manually.
Let's begin.
Re: Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 18, 2021
There they are.

Re: Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips by Nobody: 1:29am On Jul 18, 2021
I'll try to explain them as they are shown.

The first symbol is 'BOLD'. It is used to make your text appear noticeable, as in larger in appearance.
It looks like this:

This is a bold text.

You can try it manually by typing [b][/b] and placing your text in between the closing bracket, ], and the opening bracket, [.
One more thing: make sure your first letter of text is conjoined to the ], and your last letter gummed to [.
Re: Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips by Nobody: 1:45am On Jul 18, 2021
The next is used to put emphasis on a part of your comment. We know it as italics.
It looks like this:

Just put any word between the brackets (the first letter of your first word should come immediately after the ])
Try it out: this is a text in italics.
Re: Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips by emson122(m): 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2021
[b][/it is true
Re: Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 26, 2021
emson122:
[/it is true
smiley

it is true

Re: Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 26, 2021
This is in italics

Re: Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 26, 2021
Okay.
The next symbol is the 'strike through'. I think it's used for highlighting a text or words as irrelevant, nonsense, a mistake or out-of-place.

It looks like this: [s]I will find you, and when I do, I will kill you[/s]

Re: Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2021
The next symbol?
LEFT-SIDED PARAGRAPH.

It makes your text to begin from the left of your screen.

Try it yourself:
don't be shy. Move to the left

Re: Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 26, 2021
Aha! The next symbol, the RIGHT-SIDED PARAGRAPH, will make a clearer explanation. It will move your text to the right.
Try this:
so I am right after all

Re: Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 26, 2021
Now for the Center symbols that makes your text stay in the middle:
[center]what happens in Rome stays in Rome[/center]

Re: Compilation Of Nairaland Messaging Tweaks And Formatting Tips by Nobody: 3:42am On Nov 27, 2021

hey
how

hullo!

Okay I've been testing the next one which looks like a line with two arrows on each end. Let's call it the section symbol because it places your comments within two visible lines.

(1) (Reply)

Flinders University, Australia / The Shocking Price Of Higer Exercise Book. / Can A Matriculated Student Take Jamb Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.