Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations (15425 Views)

Dr. Maduka Takes Ward To Riverine Area On Motorcycle And Local Flying Boat / We Will Cut Off Ears Of Anyone Enforcing Monday Sit-At-Home Order — IPOB / How Hoodlums Looted My Home, Stole Foodstuff, Certificates, Passport - Lagos Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by simple250: 7:56am On Jan 28, 2021
Cantonese:
Again this should not pose any difficulty.

The challenge is with government and its method of implementing policies. Okadas buzz around annoyingly over all parts of Lagos and have taken full advantage of the endsars protest. Get to airport road in the evening and you’ll be very disgusted.

I think in all Local governments there should be serious enforcement officers. Waiting only for officials from Alausa will make this ban seem impossible.

Local government that issue tickets to them in exchange for money ,it will never work
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by RuMiRgO1stSon: 8:06am On Jan 28, 2021
Grace001:
Okada riders stubborn pass goat. Their level of deviance has no master
and many of them are paying with their life ba!
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by tamdun: 8:15am On Jan 28, 2021
Ahmback:
considering the unemployment level in the country, I don't personally opine this
But it's OK for other states to ban okada except lag?
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by Ahmback(m): 8:25am On Jan 28, 2021
tamdun:

But it's OK for other states to ban okada except lag?
I'm talking about Nigeria as a whole
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by LamidicownuBSS: 8:30am On Jan 28, 2021
Harrynight:
Fashola banned okada in major road and street in lagos and they all obeyed the law.

Sanwo-Olu should place a ban on these okada and be strictly serious with the penalty if defaulted.

Sadly they agency to place their eye on this and act accordingly will end up collecting bride and allow Those goats called Okada riders causing nusiance everywhere

Some of this okada riders are graduate who see it as a way for survival.
They are human, it patatic to call someone goat just cos he is riding okada for survival.
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by Tochj(m): 8:37am On Jan 28, 2021
Okada is not our problem.
Let Government provide Employment.
Many of our small scale business will suffer without okada.
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by LamidicownuBSS: 8:45am On Jan 28, 2021
[quote author=adenigga post=98509987]
https://m.punchng.com/Editorial/Enforcing-Lagos-law-on-motorcycle-operations

For ur mind, okada riders are the only problem in Lagos.

When every body comes out with his/her car after okada is band and u stuck in traffic with ur Nissan vehicle for 5 days, u will know how helpful are d okada riders.

Think like human, the rate of crime will increase and it will affect u in one way or the other.
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by LamidicownuBSS: 8:48am On Jan 28, 2021
datola:
They were off the major roads before. That was when those Nigeriens packed all their bikes out of Lagos. It was End SARS protest that gave them confidence to come back.

Lagos State Task For has been trying to reinforce the ban but these people together with their stubborn customers have resisted.

It's high time people realised that these Okada guys constitute great security and safety menance.

Government should not relent in enforcing the law and also extending it to the customers who patronise them.

The rate of crime will increase in Lagos and u will be affected in one way or the other. like it or not
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by LamidicownuBSS: 8:48am On Jan 28, 2021
datola:
They were off the major roads before. That was when those Nigeriens packed all their bikes out of Lagos. It was End SARS protest that gave them confidence to come back.

Lagos State Task For has been trying to reinforce the ban but these people together with their stubborn customers have resisted.

It's high time people realised that these Okada guys constitute great security and safety menance.

Government should not relent in enforcing the law and also extending it to the customers who patronise them.

The rate of crime will increase in Lagos and u will be affected in one way or the other. like it or not
U talking trash
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by leisuretym: 8:55am On Jan 28, 2021
Lagos state should be ready to welcome more unemployed illiterate youths, men from Hausa speaking sub Saharan Africa.
Chad , Mali, Niger , CAR, Sudan, Senegal.
They are all moving to Lagos to pick thrash, ride okada , push barrow .

Lagos state should introduce residence permit or work permit.

These illegal immigrants have overrun south west

2 Likes

Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by Jostoman: 9:25am On Jan 28, 2021
I trust fashola during his tenure who borng them well once fashola task force collect your bike and they take it alausa that is end of your okada, anyway good one from Sanwo olu.
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:47am On Jan 28, 2021
When we choose not to evolved we would remain stuck where me are.. Lagos state should make me a ministry of commercial operators under ministry of transport then employ me i would tell them what to do..

OKOGA IS A BIG BUSINESS WHICH CAN BOOST LAGOS STATE ECONOMY AND CREATE JOBS FOR NIGERIA IF PROPERLY REGULARIZED THE SOCIETY CAN BENEFIT FROM IT.
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by akdjr(m): 11:45am On Jan 28, 2021
While I strongly believe in enforcement of law against the ban of okada, but are most people aware that the same Okada that has been banned by government still pay tickets on daily basis to the account of the government? Ask any Okada who ply regularly on the road that is among the restricted roads for Okada.
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by Harrynight(m): 12:54pm On Jan 28, 2021
LamidicownuBSS:

Some of this okada riders are graduate who see it as a way for survival.
They are human, it patatic to call someone goat just cos he is riding okada for survival.

I don't call them goats becos they are okada riders, it's because the behaves like goat,
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by Litmus: 1:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
A horrible but effective way of solving the problem is to do what they would do in the West which is confiscate and destroy the motor bikes of those breaking the relevant laws.

I understand that this is already part of the mandate in Lagos (i.e confiscated bikes may be destroyed) but knowing Nigerians and their sympathetic nature official wouldn’t be destroying motorbikes confiscated, they would be handing them back with warnings. However to solve the problem officials in Lagos really need to go through with destroying confiscated bikes as mandated.

Kindness can be more complicated than we like to believe. For instance, the kind short-term act you do by releasing a confiscated bike to its poor owner so that he can feed his family may in the tong term kill someone who is also a breadwinner for another family. The released bike add to the congestion that ruins the lives of many not only by the frustration it helps to cause but by adding to the pollution which kills scores of individuals with respiratory problems yearly.
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by Litmus: 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by murmee: 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2021
Swingate:
This is very simple, the Lagos state government should change the law on who to arrest. Just arrest the passengers instead not riders then see what will happen. No passengers no business, Thank me later.
A very good idea!

1 Like

Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by murmee: 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2021
When Okada was banned in Ajao Estate, along Airport road a few years ago, the whole Estate was transformed.
All the rowdiness disappeared and the Estate became peaceful and beautiful that you would think you were living in Paris.
Immediately after the EndSars Protests, the Okadas came back and it has been so frustrating.
I don't understand exactly what is going on in Lagos state.
Okadas have taken over everywhere and the state Government is so clueless and confused. .
To say the state is defaced is an understatement!

2 Likes

Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by delpee(f): 4:55pm On Jan 28, 2021
The laws are there to be enforced. BRF did it. The willingness to succeed is what is required. Let the LGs have enforcement teams to handle their environments.
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by Alba3: 5:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
KnightsTemplar:
You need to see these Bike men in Ibadan, its terrible, they are everywhere in large numbers.

It's only in the SW, one can't find bikes in all the major towns of the SE, SS and even in some parts of the North.
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:43pm On Jan 28, 2021
whela:
As it is in other climes, the government should think of building dedicated lanes for okada riders in their areas of operations. The state’s CCTV project should be implemented fully to capture riders who perpetrate crime and instigate riots on the roads.

Funny, but true. I saw this in close by Benin Republic and it was really cool

As someone else stated, maybe when they start arresting passengers, people will stop using it

1 Like

Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by DaCharis2016: 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2021
datola:

Pls swear right here now that you haven't patronised them and u will be dead right there.

Do you have idea of the class of persons riding bikes to support their families and pay necessary bills? Many have lost their jobs and had no other hope than to resort to okada work, whereas the govt has failed in alleviating them. They too are not happy riding bikes. They maybe happy with it now, but does it guarantee a better future for them?

Rather than calling on the govt for regulation and absorption, you're here killing people's source of livelihoods.

They made a mistake in the first place banning it, while the dridlock on most Lagos roads are never gone.
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by DaCharis2016: 10:11pm On Jan 28, 2021
Cantonese:
Again this should not pose any difficulty.

The challenge is with government and its method of implementing policies. Okadas buzz around annoyingly over all parts of Lagos and have taken full advantage of the endsars protest. Get to airport road in the evening and you’ll be very disgusted.

I think in all Local governments there should be serious enforcement officers. Waiting only for officials from Alausa will make this ban seem impossible.
Is okada the major menace we face in Lagos currently? They are better challenges begging for solutions that have got no response, and you're here killing other people's source of living.

Misplaced priority obviously!
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by DaCharis2016: 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2021
Most of the people here are Uber and bolt operators that the okada business has prevented them from making their usual higher daily profits. Lol grin grin
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by PiusDwriter(m): 12:47am On Jan 29, 2021
I'm interested in writing on this niche. As a copywriter and a mass communicator,
believe I am your one stop search. Contact me let's get talking. Here is my what'sApp number 08069349720

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards!
kitombo:
I just hope it will be enforced.

Good content writers needed for a business and news blog. Contact me
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by Fascfavy(m): 6:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
kitombo:

Do you know that what you need to stand out is a compelling and engaging copy?

I am passionate about creating persuasive and engaging sales, ad, web, brand copy, email letters and articles for news blog.

Contact me NOW to get started 08156550549
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by Fascfavy(m): 6:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
kitombo:

I am interested in writing in this niche

I am passionate about creating persuasive and engaging sales, ad, web, brand copy, and email letters. I also write content for news blogs and websites.

Contact me NOW to get started 08156550549
Re: Enforcing Lagos Law On Motorcycle Operations by Olabassit: 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
kitombo:

Hello!

I'm Olamide, an experienced Copywriter with some skill in article, academic & SEO writing but specializes in copywriting...

I also have a knack for research work and analysis.

I offer quality services within a reasonable timeframe and can start right away...

Here's the link to my previous works:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1BgpamlI7_d-pRolj__idjAT6to9gLJ-a

You can contact me on Whatsapp 08120966854

https:///2348120966854?text=Hello+Olamide.+l+am+______+from+Nairaland.+Let's+get+started+RIGHT+AWAY

Or at olabassit1@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Attacks, Kidnappings Along Kaduna-Abuja Road Now A National Shame - ACF / Pastor Frank Onwumere Denies Writting A Petition To CAN / Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.