Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu (15404 Views)

Atiku: Wike A Snake, Despite His Help, Tinubu Can’t Invite Him For Dinner / Wike Lacks Popular Support To Help Tinubu In Rivers – Peterside / Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Will Help Tinubu To Become President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by ganisucks(f): 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2023
Olojo: Hardships biting harder, Nigerians should pray for Tinubu’s government, says Ooni

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, has called on Nigerians to pray for President Bola Tinubu’s government as people battle hardships in the country. The Yoruba monarch emphasised Nigeria’s need for spiritual intervention amid current hardships.

“I will pray for the unity of Africa. Things are very hard. We all know the economic challenges that people are facing. This is the time we need spiritual and divine intervention,” said the king. “My annual Olojo seclusion. This is how my ancestors have been doing it.”

Mr Ogunwusi added, ”We should pray very well because things are very hard. We all know the state of the economy. It is a sensitive thing that needs prayer, which should not go out of hand. My prayer also would be to pray for divine intervention for the government of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu in order to turn things right because the expectation of people is so high.”

He said life was becoming unbearable for Nigerians.

“I talked to my creator and my ancestors, and they answered me speedily,” Mr Ogunwusi claimed.

Oba Ogunwusi asked Nigerians to support President Bola Tinubu to move Nigeria forward.

The Ife monarch said this on Sunday in preparation for seclusion as part of the Olojo rites. He said stakeholders should not be deprived of the pan-African movement, and behaviour should be very apt.

Mr Ogunwusi called on Africans to unite, be peaceful and develop the continent.

“Pan African movement is not negotiable as this is a way out for us in Africa, for the unity of the African continent as this must be paramount to all of us. I will use the medium to pray for African Unity and movement, for the actualisation of pan-Africanism. We, therefore, as stakeholders, must play our roles to ensure that Africa as a continent speaks in unity,” he stated.

The Olojo festival is the biggest festival on the cultural calendar of Ile-Ife in Osun.

According to Yoruba belief, the Olojo festival is celebrated in remembrance of Ogun, the god of iron considered the first son of Oduduwa.

The festival takes place annually in October and involves several elaborate ritual prayers led by the Ooni.

It is marked by a carnival-like atmosphere attended by people of all ages.

Olojo has remained popular in Ile-Ife because it is the only day in the year believed to be specially blessed by Olodumare (Yoruba’s creator of the universe).

(NAN)

https://gazettengr.com/olojo-hardships-biting-harder-nigerians-should-pray-for-tinubus-government-says-ooni/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by ganisucks(f): 12:29pm On Sep 25, 2023
We have been praying, and we will continue to pray for him. But we also are praying that he seeks guidance and direction from those with the financial and political wherewithal to make things happen. He should realise that many hands make light work.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by Taylor92: 12:29pm On Sep 25, 2023
Imagine wasting prayers on a cocaine sniffer who licks microphone

Instead of I go pray for Tinubu I rather pray for Shekau and Mia Khalifa

Be like una no know wetin to use una prayers do

A millionaire Ooni is crying out that things are hard while APC mischief makers on Nairaland who loots rice from a moving vehicle in Ibadan are praising Tinubu that’s he’s on the right track

When Tinubu finish him tenure na that time they’ll speak up on how Tinubu damaged the economy.

Na so them praise Buhari till he finish them label am worse thing that happened to Nigeria

Hunger will deal with una

249 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by Urheadmaster(m): 12:30pm On Sep 25, 2023
While praying, make them add Fasting from 1am to 7pm Monday to Friday for at least 12 months tongue.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by Cooldowntemper: 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2023
El Chapo Amoda does not want to hit the ground and running?

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by TruthsFM: 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2023
Which prayers they want to pray again. The drug baron Tinubu forced himself on Nigerians and you are expecting miracle to happen niii. Not possible now.. it’s now survival of the fittest in Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Tinubu is saying sending some messages to the military coups in Africa.

Military coups are wrong, I seek to help re-establish democratic governance in a manner that addresses the political and economic challenges

- President Bola Tinubu

Video credit: Channels tv 📺

#UNGA
#UNGA78

https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/1704411677544898630

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KXokx3v--8?si=UM4dvlZnUHP4xHmO

14 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by rinzaugustine: 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
Believing Tinubu will not make Nigeria worse than it is now is like believing prophecies of those Nigerian pastors to manifest. You can’t support a mediocre Tinubu that rigged election over a competent and well prepared Peter Obi who had studied Nigeria’s problems for 5 years and proffered solutions of that openly to Nigerians who were smart enough to know this guy knows where he is going and they became obidient but Tinubu and Mahmoud scuttled that dream and now everybody is living with the consequences…it will get worse or haven’t you seen Tinubu so called “technocrats “ or what they are saying about dollar and new fuel price?

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by MarveworldG: 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
Ok

We understand how difficult things are these days, so we are offering you luxury you can afford.
Let's give you affordable TV cônsole desìgn, intėriórs and planning.
We are in Lagòs, Abùja and Port Harcouřț (we deliver services anywhere)
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by SmartPolician: 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
Ooni, please leave God out of this. God is not a magician. He only helps those who are willing to help themselves.

You cannot give an old man the work of a young man and be expecting God to do it for him. God doesn't work like that.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by cjudy(m): 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
God will not help him. Those in Nigeria that supported him will suffer with him.
Prayer of a sinner is an abomination before God unless he repent.

You people selected rubbish and expect a positive action. Never

You can’t cook rice and expect it to be serve as Indomie

Africa Leadership always need prayers but check out the western world, they don’t even have churches like we do. Nobody even pray for them but yet they’re doing well. Everything about Blackman is tribe and religion. Una never see anything

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by FalseProphet1(m): 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
By the time Tinubu completes his first tenure, the word tribalism would disappear from Nigerian dictionary. Cos suffering would reset everyone's brain.

This I have seen.

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by SouthSouth1914: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
Anyone who supported bad governance and an incompetent president will suffer the consequences!

Leave God outta this.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by lovinguszz: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
Lol. grin
Cos poor people no get sense na. Na prayer we go chop abi.
Abeggi

9 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by Ballzproblem2: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
After voting because of tribalism and nepotism you want disturb God that gave you brains to vote the right person but you chose to ignore.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by PUSSYHOE(m): 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
He no go better for you and tinubu shey na church tinubu dey rule?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by coolcharm(m): 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
[Lol.
Opolor eye... No be open eye.

E don clear.

26 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by OboOlora(f): 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
E for nor hard for u if u control ur prick and marry one woman🤣

15 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by UncleKoboko: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nigeria doesn't need prayers

ALL THESE OLD AND MISCHIEVOUS PEOPLE SHOULD STOP DECEIVING US WITH THAT NONSENSE STATEMENT.

Nigeria only need people and it's government to be GOD-FEARING and honest

DON'T DO TO OTHERS WHAT YOU WON'T LIKE ANYONE TO DO UNTO YOU.

15 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by KingRabota: 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
Everything little thing in this country we call God . I'm not sure Baba has time for stupid people who have refused to make plans and work towards them.

Until we decide to correct our current situation by dispassionately and altruistically looking for solutions to our problems, we are in for very looooong thing.

10 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
Baba, Tinubu na criminal...

Na Ogun go kill am, sir....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by Iliveforever(m): 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
Typical corrupt foolish old man talk.

After taking money to campaign for tinubu, he’s now asking us to pray for tinubu.

Nigerians deserves a president it’s citizens will not be required to be asked to pray for

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by odemeetu1: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2023
Our eyes were wildly open when we decided to start this journey.

People called it tribalism,
others, It's our turn,
Few, He deserves it...

We won't pray Nothing, We called this forth with our votes and social media post, therefore everyone will dance to it

8 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by Nahunger(m): 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2023
angry
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by BigDawsNet: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2023
When they say pray for Nigeria...

Sometimes I feel like it's a waste of time... which should rather pray for Chelsea to pick form....

God gave Nigeria everything

One of the largest oil producing country, producing more oil than UAE... with other natural resources like Gold, uranium and many more...

So what's else?...

You have a wife, will you pray to God for her to get Beller when you decide not to even open her skirt?

20 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by Nats12(m): 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
Pray to God to do what exactly??
For the things he has empowered us to do??

Please advise BAT on the right policies to implement to better the current economy hardship.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by Deon28(m): 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
After 8yrs of Buhari suffering, Tinubu would have relieved us from the suffering first. Instead he added more and more suffering for Nigerians, now u want us to be praying for him.
That prayer will be hard to answer

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by Soylife(m): 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
This is not about prayers again. He knows what to do to make this country better but he won't do it.
I never supported Tinubu but when he won, I hoped he will work as his supporters claimed he will. But more than three months now...nothing. Things are getting worse and all we keep hearing is endure, there is no gain without pain, he has the master plan.
Foodstuffs keep increasing in price. Gas is increasing. Transport too but we should endure.
Anybody that can see where this country is ending to is just a big dunce. Nothing will get better. No prayer will work. Expect price of gas and petrol to reach 2000# by December.

By the way...
I just published my book(Futo na War) on okadabooks. It is a story about my experience in school.Please buy, read and leave a review.
Price is #500
Link on my signature... Delete the space.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu by Stanislause94: 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
Hypocrites!! Where is monabgrills, I hope he has gotten a contract from the federal government tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Indorama Junction at Eleme: A Nightmare For Road Users. (Pictures) / INEC Officials Frustrating Nigerians Willing To Collect PVCs - Labour Party / Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.