Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,518 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Surviving Covid Living Alone - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Surviving Covid Living Alone (367 Views)

Omicron Variant- Surviving Covid 19 4th Wave / Woman Lives With Her Intestines Hanging Outside After Surviving A Shooting In US / Chinese Doctors’ Skin Turns Dark After Surviving COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surviving Covid Living Alone by sassiemyk: 11:33am On Jan 28, 2021
Good afternoon everyone. I think i might have the covid 19 virus. About a week ago i caught fever and i started treatment for malaria and typhoid. 2 days later i started noticing loss of smell and taste and i began to feel soreness in my eyes. I took Augumentin and Amartem Softgell for the typhoid and malaria after running mp and widal tests. But i noticed my symptoms changed from the fever cold to the loss of taste and soreness in the eyes and pains in my head. The effect of the Augumentin seemed to be makin it all worse so i discontinued dat too.

When i noticed these symptoms of covid i got alarmed and to worsen it all i live alone. I'm so afraid and confused. I have gotten Azithromycin and a couple other drugs. But my mind is not at rest. This morning i have catarrh and cough and i just started noticing shortness of breath.

Please Doctors in d house what and how can i stall this. How can i handle myself to stop this from degenerating. Please help. I'm afraid of goin to hospital. I stay in Benin City and i need to have an idea what yo do.
Thanks for your anticipated suggestions.
Re: Surviving Covid Living Alone by meobizy(f): 12:02pm On Jan 28, 2021
I'm afraid of goin to hospital.
Stay home and die then. The worst type of person to advice is one who knows the best course of action yet avoids it.
Re: Surviving Covid Living Alone by CandyOps(m): 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2021
sassiemyk:

Please Doctors in d house what and how can i stall this. How can i handle myself to stop this from degenerating. Please help. I'm afraid of goin to hospital. I stay in Benin City and i need to have an idea what yo do.
Thanks for your anticipated suggestions.

My guy caught that shiit and according to him, the coughing and wheezing was so severe he sincerly wished he would pass on.
It's crazy how ignorant people downplay covid just because you have a black skin.

There are covid centres all around Lagos. A quick Google voice search should help.
And most medical centres have covid pills readily available. Don't let it denigrate
Re: Surviving Covid Living Alone by sassiemyk: 12:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
meobizy:

Stay home and die then. The worst type of person to advice is one who knows the best course of action yet avoids it.
Thats quite harsh. I didnt mean i wouldn't want to go to the hospital. I'm only saying the hospitals dont even treat covid. And getting access to be tested is what i dont knw how.
Re: Surviving Covid Living Alone by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2021
It's no longer news that we are currently experiencing the 2nd wave of Covid-19 in Nigeria. I recently recovered from Covid-19 and I would like to educate everyone on my experience and how I treated it.

My Experience
I live together with my sister and contracted the virus from her. On the day she tested positive, we were already experiencing symptoms. We were both running fever, body pains and a sore throat. It is very important to treat symptoms immediately you start experiencing them – especially the cold related symptoms. The symptoms typically start from the nose or throat and move rapidly to the chest. Once it gets to the chest/lungs, it starts impacting your ability to breathe. This is where most people need hospitalization.

So, we started treating the symptoms with Vitamins and Ginger. We also ensured we ate properly, rested at least 12hr minimum, stayed in-doors, no cold drinks/food, did not use fan and had the AC at 28C. The symptoms remained mild because of aggressive and consistent treatment. Most young people without any underlying health issue will have mild symptoms and can treat Covid-19 from home. See a rough timeline of the symptoms:

Day 1 – Fever, Body Pains, Sore throat, tiredness
Day 2 – Blocked nose (off and on)
Day 4 – Loss of sense of Smell
Day 5 – Fever stops (no need for Paracetamol)
Day 7 – Sore throat intensifies & starts to move to the chest, chest pain; I increased intake of raw ginger, vitamins and oranges
Day 8 – Chest pain stops, sore throat reduces, still tired
Day 10 – Starting to feel stronger, cold symptoms very minimal, still tired (sleeping 12 hours a day vs 7-8 hours on a normal day)
Day 11 – Sense of smell returns
Day 13 – Tests negative for Covid 19

Treatment
Tip – Have these items at home because the symptoms progress very rapidly.

1. Vitamin B – to be taken 3 times daily
2. Vitamin C – 1000mg to be taken 1-2 times daily
3. Vitamin D – to be taken 2 times daily
4. Zinc – To be taken once daily
5. Paracetamol – to alleviate fever and body aches as needed
6. Ginger – to be eaten raw 3 times daily. I put ginger as a drug because it is literally the most powerful medication on this list. A few minutes after eating Ginger, I noticed a significant improvement in my symptoms. It tastes bitter at first, then peppery, then hot which might dissuade some people from eating it raw – but overall its tolerable.
7. Fruits – Oranges, lemon, etc
8. Prayer

Though my symptoms were mild, having Covid-19 was not an enjoyable experience. Ensure you always “mask-up”. I saw my father before my symptoms showed and he had his mask on throughout. That’s the only thing that saved him. Always wear your masks and Stay safe guys!
Re: Surviving Covid Living Alone by sassiemyk: 4:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
missoreo:
It's no longer news that we are currently experiencing the 2nd wave of Covid-19 in Nigeria. I recently recovered from Covid-19 and I would like to educate everyone on my experience and how I treated it.

My Experience
I live together with my sister and contracted the virus from her. On the day she tested positive, we were already experiencing symptoms. We were both running fever, body pains and a sore throat. It is very important to treat symptoms immediately you start experiencing them – especially the cold related symptoms. The symptoms typically start from the nose or throat and move rapidly to the chest. Once it gets to the chest/lungs, it starts impacting your ability to breathe. This is where most people need hospitalization.

So, we started treating the symptoms with Vitamins and Ginger. We also ensured we ate properly, rested at least 12hr minimum, stayed in-doors, no cold drinks/food, did not use fan and had the AC at 28C. The symptoms remained mild because of aggressive and consistent treatment. Most young people without any underlying health issue will have mild symptoms and can treat Covid-19 from home. See a rough timeline of the symptoms:

Day 1 – Fever, Body Pains, Sore throat, tiredness
Day 2 – Blocked nose (off and on)
Day 4 – Loss of sense of Smell
Day 5 – Fever stops (no need for Paracetamol)
Day 7 – Sore throat intensifies & starts to move to the chest, chest pain; I increased intake of raw ginger, vitamins and oranges
Day 8 – Chest pain stops, sore throat reduces, still tired
Day 10 – Starting to feel stronger, cold symptoms very minimal, still tired (sleeping 12 hours a day vs 7-8 hours on a normal day)
Day 11 – Sense of smell returns
Day 13 – Tests negative for Covid 19

Treatment
Tip – Have these items at home because the symptoms progress very rapidly.

1. Vitamin B – to be taken 3 times daily
2. Vitamin C – 1000mg to be taken 1-2 times daily
3. Vitamin D – to be taken 2 times daily
4. Zinc – To be taken once daily
5. Paracetamol – to alleviate fever and body aches as needed
6. Ginger – to be eaten raw 3 times daily. I put ginger as a drug because it is literally the most powerful medication on this list. A few minutes after eating Ginger, I noticed a significant improvement in my symptoms. It tastes bitter at first, then peppery, then hot which might dissuade some people from eating it raw – but overall its tolerable.
7. Fruits – Oranges, lemon, etc
8. Prayer

Though my symptoms were mild, having Covid-19 was not an enjoyable experience. Ensure you always “mask-up”. I saw my father before my symptoms showed and he had his mask on throughout. That’s the only thing that saved him. Always wear your masks and Stay safe guys!
May God so Bless you buddie. Thanks a billions. Thank you
Re: Surviving Covid Living Alone by Chimaokigwe: 4:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
sassiemyk:

May God so Bless you buddie. Thanks a billions. Thank you

In addition to what she posted, ginger, garlic and bitter kola are very important in fighting the virus. They should be eaten at least twice daily.
Re: Surviving Covid Living Alone by sassiemyk: 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2021
Chimaokigwe:

In addition to what she posted, ginger, garlic and bitter kola are very important in fighting the virus. They should be eaten at least twice daily.

I have them. Thank you so much. I appreciate. I soak the ginger and garlic in warm water. I chew the bitter kola. Aside those i also steam and take other recommended drugs and pray it dissappears from whence it came.
Re: Surviving Covid Living Alone by Chimaokigwe: 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2021
sassiemyk:

I have them. Thank you so much. I appreciate. I soak the ginger and garlic in warm water. I chew the bitter kola. Aside those i also steam and take other recommended drugs and pray it dissappears from whence it came.

Exercise regularly too. Light exercises not, not rigorous. Avoid taking cold drinks, hot drinks should be your fav drinks for now.
Don't worry yourself, you'll be fine in no time.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Share A Toothbrush With Your Partner? / Help This Mathematics Guru Fight For His Life / Neck Pain HELP!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.