Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces (3323 Views)

Lack Of Passport Machines At Nigerian Embassy In Qatar Leads To Deportations / Kaduna Immigration Office Has No Booklets: The Nigeria System About To Fail Me / Nigeria Immigration Receives 50,000 Passport Booklets, Task Force Sent To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by Jackelony(m): 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2021
The issue of scarcity of Passport booklets has become a recurring decimal in Nigeria, as no year goes by without this ugly experience.
Speaking from experience, I went to the Nigeria Immigration Service HQ in Abuja last week to renew my passport, after making payments and being captured I asked to know when I should come and pick up my new passport. It was at that point that the officer assisting me with the process informed me that there are no 32-page passport booklets. This news left me shattered considering that I had plans that were hinged on obtaining that new passport.

I don't know why Nigeria keeps disappointing at every turn. Why does the NIS management have to wait till they completely run out of booklets before restocking? What happens to emergency health issues that require overseas treatment but for lack of Passport booklets cannot be pursued thereby leading to complications?

Moderator, Please move this to the front page to enable it attract the attention it deserves.

4 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by Elnon: 8:33pm On Jan 28, 2021
Really SAD...Same horrible experience for the past 3 weeks now...This country will break you
Jackelony:

The issue of scarcity of Passport booklets has become a recurring decimal in Nigeria, as no year goes by without this ugly experience.
Speaking from experience, I went to the Nigeria Immigration Service HQ in Abuja last week to renew my passport, after making payments and being captured I asked to know when I should come and pick up my new passport. It was at that point that the officer assisting me with the process informed me that there are no 32-page passport booklets. This news left me shattered considering that I had plans that were hinged on obtaining that new passport.

I don't know why Nigeria keeps disappointing at every turn. Why does the NIS management have to wait till they completely run out of booklets before restocking? What happens to emergency health issues that require overseas treatment but for lack of Passport booklets cannot be pursued thereby leading to complications?

Moderator, Please move this to the front page to enable it attract the attention it deserves.
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by Chonco: 12:06am On Jan 29, 2021
Wow! So this is a General issue.
I wonder when it'd be made available
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by YEAEMEDIA(f): 7:28am On Jan 29, 2021
I did capturing on December 23 and till now
Na paper no dey dem dey tell me
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by kunzzy4me(m): 7:57am On Jan 29, 2021
Same issue here ...have called ibadan..osogbo..ekiti..ilorin..they kept on saying no booklet yet ...this is the country we found ourself..nothing seems working...
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by felidus1: 11:01am On Mar 03, 2021
It is very bad. Maybe it is a measure to discourage travelling at this time. But why can't they come out straight? They go ahead to collect money for the passport they knew booklets are not available to produce. That is fraudulent.
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by Udapod(m): 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
Is there passport booklet in abuja?
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by MufasaLion: 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2021
Nigeria is a big mess. Unfortunately, the leaders are busy with 2023 election.
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by CoronaCovid: 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2021
Me too. Since January
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by 1beat(m): 8:38pm On Mar 04, 2021
Government know that the rate at which people are leaving the country especially youths is very dangerous to the country social economic strength. stylishly, they decided to apply this method.
presently experiencing the same thing i paid for 140k for DOB correction since December travel to Abuja for capturing 9th of December till now I have not collect my passport I have called the immigration officer tire the same story is that NO BOOKLET.
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by naijadrivablog: 10:11pm On Mar 04, 2021
Naija matter sef
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by Unugwa12: 11:25am On Mar 11, 2021
uptill now no passport booklet please what is happening
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by Ayooze(m): 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2021
I am about to pay someone for DOB change o... he said i should pay 150 i have sent documents already. Infact today he asked to send court affidavit and BVN print out....is the BVn neccesary.. i dont want anyone to go and be hacking my account.. since all the documents with them already contain everything they need to withdraw.

1beat:
Government know that the rate at which people are leaving the country especially youths is very dangerous to the country social economic strength. stylishly, they decided to apply this method.
Am presently experiencing the same thing i paid for 140k for DOB correction since December travel to Abuja for capturing 9th of December till now I have not collect my passport I have called the immigration officer tire the same story is that NO BOOKLET.
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by ecomalchemist(m): 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2021
Real matters arising, after i don pay almost 200k for change of DOB, I enter night bus from lag to abj pilot myself go sauka, immigration HQ (abuja)...

Up till now, my connect still dey tell me story say paper never dey, omo naija fit frustrate you if you no dey strong mentally...

It's like the system was set up to break you, we move.
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by 1beat(m): 3:05pm On Mar 13, 2021
Ayooze:
I am about to pay someone for DOB change o... he said i should pay 150 i have sent documents already. Infact today he asked to send court affidavit and BVN print out....is the BVn neccesary.. i dont want anyone to go and be hacking my account.. since all the documents with them already contain everything they need to withdraw.

just hold on .. don't pay him shishi he will just collect your money and put you in pending you will be surprise he's attitude will change and he will give you less attention..
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by Ayooze(m): 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2021
1beat:

just hold on .. don't pay him shishi he will just collect your money and put you in pending you will be surprise he's attitude will change and he will give you less attention..

Oh i already paid him and even went to immigrations head quarter and i have done my capturing again. i am just waiting for the passport now
Re: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces by Trimjos: 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2021
Unugwa12:
uptill now no passport booklet please what is happening

I went to immigration calabar and did mine. It came out after 3days and I picked it.

Even guys from italy, germany etc were there just to renew their passports

(1) (Reply)

Moving To Barbados. / How Do I Get To Teslim Balogun Stadium From Iyana-ipaja / Getting Admission To Study Free In Tbilis Georgia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.