Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr (2362 Views)

Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics / Thugs Attack Igbo Traders Who Closed Shops To Register For PVC In Alaba Lagos / Do You Want Evidence Buhari Is Planning Ruga Settlement See Evidence- Reno Omokr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by sunnybobonwa: 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2021
Igbos in Alaba Market generate $4 billion annually, more IGR than the 19 Northern states combined"- Reno Omokri

IIn his usual manner of praising the entrepreneurial giant strides of Igbo people, Reno Omokri has claimed that about $4bn is being generated by Igbos in Alaba Market, Lagos State annually!

He also maintained that Alaba market generates more internal revenue than the 19 Northern states if combined. Reno now called for unity if they actually dream of getting Igbo presidency.

He further reitrated the fact that if Igbos unite politically, the way they unite economically, they wont need to beg for Igbo Presidency. It would be theirs easily!

To me, it’s not about getting a presidency. The tribalism is embedded the constitution, it’s in the little things like dispensing state allocation based on the number of local governments knowing fully well that the Eastern states have the lowest number of local governments

The Igbo’s are just tired and frustrated from being marginalized, let’s revisit the constitution and agree to decentralize the government, then they can begin to talk about other things.

Moreover, I think Reno overestimates the presidency of the poverty capital of the world. Yes, based on equity, an Igbo should be the next president. But what have other tribes benefited from the presidency? The best bet for Igbos is a restructured Nigeria, where merit rules the day.

Most of the politicians in Nigeria are into politics to enrich themselves and not to change the fortunes of Nigerians and develop the country. Truly, average Igbo businessman is rich and that’s why they don’t pay much attention to politics. It’s not really about unity but interest!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2021
They developed lagos, that's the reason all these new generation yorubas are very envious of them especially here on nairaland

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Kingosytex(m): 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2021
How did Reno arrive at that conclusion?

What parameters did he use to get to that conclusion?

$4 Billion annually? I don't understand...How possible is that?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by HundHunter(m): 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2021
And we the Iyalojas in Balogun market generated $40 Billon annually.

If you disagree. Argue with your keyboard.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Fahdiga(m): 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2021
The absolute truth. I wonder how Yorubas will live without the Igbos

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by mrfreestuff: 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2021
sunnybobonwa:
Igbos in Alaba Market generate $4 billion annually, more IGR than the 19 Northern states combined"- Reno Omokri

IIn his usual manner of praising the entrepreneurial giant strides of Igbo people, Reno Omokri has claimed that about $4bn is being generated by Igbos in Alaba Market, Lagos State annually!

He also maintained that Alaba market generates more internal revenue than the 19 Northern states if combined. Reno now called for unity if they actually dream of getting Igbo presidency.

He further reitrated the fact that if Igbos unite politically, the way they unite economically, they wont need to beg for Igbo Presidency. It would be theirs easily!

To me, it’s not about getting a presidency. The tribalism is embedded the constitution, it’s in the little things like dispensing state allocation based on the number of local governments knowing fully well that the Eastern states have the lowest number of local governments

The Igbo’s are just tired and frustrated from being marginalized, let’s revisit the constitution and agree to decentralize the government, then they can begin to talk about other things.

Moreover, I think Reno overestimates the presidency of the poverty capital of the world. Yes, based on equity, an Igbo should be the next president. But what have other tribes benefited from the presidency? The best bet for Igbos is a restructured Nigeria, where merit rules the day.

Most of the politicians in Nigeria are into politics to enrich themselves and not to change the fortunes of Nigerians and develop the country. Truly, average Igbo businessman is rich and that’s why they don’t pay much attention to politics. It’s not really about unity but interest!

It's $400B not $4B

Even Dangote Cement, the most capitalized company on NSE and business spanning Nigeria and other African countries and owned by Africa's richest man has an annual revenue of less than $4B. He just wants to put those traders in trouble with LSIR.

Only non-Lagosians bandy all these fraudulent statistics.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by ItsTutsi(m): 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2021
lol.. according to RadiaBiafraud!! no statistics, analysis, research etc to buttress or validate his assertion.. but he expects us to swallow it hook or crook bcus "Omokri said so"

this is just another usual attempt to hype nyamuri flat.heads knowing that's the only base he has to accumulate likes and retweets on social media grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
What is this Reno Omokiri obsession with Igbos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by ItsTutsi(m): 7:46pm On Jan 28, 2021
lol. omokri has to stay relevant in the scheme of thngs after lossing election, so the only way out for him is to keep mentioning ibo.. hoping to pitch them against the north because of the hate he has for Buhari and north!

some like FFK is by insulting Tinubu.. it's all about survival
Kingosytex:

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Cadamlk: 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
What is this Reno Omokiri obsession with Igbos?

He understand they are very emotional.They believe anything.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2021
Cadamlk:

He understand they are very emotional.They believe anything.

What do you mean? Am Igbo. Igbos are big, strong, reliable.
I think everyone just want their attention. Unfortunately, Igbos don't know they exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Dueprince: 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2021
I am not an igbo man but i expected more than that figure, this the only part i accept with igbo and more over the only igbo people i like are anambra igbo most of this people accept my kind of tribal people than the rest of the igbos although i have not live in anambra before, but i think i like them, they reason more than their counterparts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by triple996(m): 7:57pm On Jan 28, 2021
Waoo
Lagos belong to Yoruba
If Nigeria devides all this pigs in oduduwa land will be chased like swines back to their muddy enclave. No amount of nonsense from Reno will change anything. Let them go and developed abia and ebonyi. Leave odudua alone. Useless coursed flat-headed race of hairy baboons. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by tyup(m): 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2021
Fahdiga:
The absolute truth. I wonder how Yorubas will live without the Igbos

They generated that amount annually in Lagos what they can't generate in the SE that alone should ring a bell and also tell you something. Y'all should leave and see if the Yorubas are not capable of even doubling that amount

ur kins men are even plenty in Sokoto and Kano but keep generating ur kuku indirectly enriching our state

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Jesse6(m): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2021
My brother e tire me oo
How did he arrive at that?
Kingosytex:

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Alaigbopress: 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2021
How did Igbos actually did this. How can someone whose home was ravaged and rendered financially incapacitated in the 1970 of yesterday emerge to become the back bone of Nigeria economy. How did Igbos manage to build the largest markets in Africa.
Indeed Igbos are blessed and are the salt of Nigeria. But on the hand I will like my fellow Igbos to think home. They should be looking for us not we looking for them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Iamgrey5(m): 8:05pm On Jan 28, 2021
How much is Lagos generating annually self? grin
Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by flokii: 8:09pm On Jan 28, 2021
The same people putting excess pressure on our scarce forex to import second hand goods? how excactly are they generating the said billions if I may ask?

Oponu jati jati kan ni Reno yi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Redcrafton: 8:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
flokii:
The same people putting excess pressure on our scarce forex to import second hand goods? how excactly are they generating the said billions if I may ask?

Oponu jati jati kan ni Reno yi.

Here...in Onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by flokii: 8:15pm On Jan 28, 2021
Alaigbopress:
How did Igbos actually did this. How can someone whose home was ravaged and rendered financially incapacitated in the 1970 of yesterday emerge to become the back bone of Nigeria economy. How did Igbos manage to build the largest markets in Africa.
Indeed Igbos are blessed and are the salt of Nigeria. But on the hand I will like my fellow Igbos to think home. They should be looking for us not we looking for them

Igbos did nothing.. don't let Reno press your mumu button to stay relevant.

Your people still pay huge rent to their Yoruba landlords and shop owners in Alaba plus huge tax to iyaloja and LASG. I don't see anyway you folks will make profit talkless of billions.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by helinues: 8:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
Reno, the accountant general

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Redcrafton: 8:22pm On Jan 28, 2021
flokii:

Igbos did nothing.. don't let Reno press your mumu button to stay relevant.

Your people still pay huge rent to their Yoruba landlords and shop owners in Alaba plus huge tax to iyaloja and LASG. I don't see anyway you folks will make profit talkless of billions.

They are the developers everywhere...Nobody is pressing any mumu button.

The Northern elders alos mentioned that Igbos have investments worth trillions in the north.

https://www.nairaland.com/1820688/igbos-n45-trn-investments-north

How many of you pay any thing to landlords in Aba, Onitsha, Enugu, Awka?

Nigeria is blessed with the Igbos who are not selfish but develop businesses and homes in any part of the country they live.

They are also humble and peaceful without fighting with their host.

You should respect these people.

Enugu...pic 1

Aba...pic 2

4 Likes

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Glorymax: 8:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
Anyone who is seen to be wise with words and along the line starts speaking of Igbo presidency will lose my support.
The fact that we still discuss which tribe takes the shot as the country's president proofs we are not a nation. Igbos do not need president of Nigeria but gullible politicians of Igbo do. I challenge anyone to conduct a sample opinion poll among Igbos and publish the result. I can bet you that over 90% are not interested in this fraud Nigeria.
Please save us the stress of this discuss for we have a more important and divine project at hand, not worth to be distracted with a rotten agenda.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Ofemannnu: 8:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
lol
Yet Igbos are the most poverty stricken in Southern Nigeria while Yorubas are the richest.
What does that tell you?

Reno thumping his piano as usual grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Nigercity: 8:45pm On Jan 28, 2021
Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Nigercity: 8:45pm On Jan 28, 2021
Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Cadamlk: 8:46pm On Jan 28, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

What do you mean? Am Igbo. Igbos are big, strong, reliable.
I think everyone just want their attention. Unfortunately, Igbos don't know they exist.

And yet you believe they made $40 billion in revenue in another region?

Note: Am not against the Igbos

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2021
Cadamlk:

And yet you believe they made $40 billion in revenue in another region?

Note: Am not against the Igbos

I don't disbelieve, just like I don't believe. Who did the statistics?
Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by plaindealer: 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2021
Kingosytex:

From FIRS HQ and data collection center under his bed.

His constant ignorant and unintelligent rubbish are mainly for his ignorant and gullible followers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Redcrafton: 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ofemannnu:
lol
Yet Igbos are the most poverty stricken in Southern Nigeria while Yorubas are the richest.
What does that tell you?

Reno thumping his piano as usual grin

You definately earn your living lying.

How can Igbos be the poorest when the pilot for stipend to the poorest Nigerians had no Igbo state in it....?

How can you start a pilot for the poorest from the richest people?

Is that not madness?

Details are emerging on how the Federal Government determined the beneficiaries of the Conditional Cash Transfer who are now receiving the N5000 monthly stipends across the 9 pilot States

FG States How Beneficiaries Of N5,000 Stipend To Poorest Were Selected

According to the Senior Special Assistant on Media & Publicity in the Office of the Vice President, Mr. Laolu Akande, the nine States are Bauchi, Borno, Cross Rivers, Ekiti, Kwara, Kogi, Niger, Osun and Oyo....(News)

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Cadamlk: 8:58pm On Jan 28, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

I don't disbelieve, just like I don't believe. Who did the statistics?

Imagine! Only Alaba in Lagos ? Computer village is still there and other markets scattered all over Lagos.

Did he take the head count of all the Igbos as there are other non Igbo traders in the said market ?

Even the Igbos are the majority in that market,that figure is too much for an exergeration.
Re: Igbos In Alaba Market Generate $4 Billion Annually,- Reno Omokr by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamgrey5:
How much is Lagos generating annually self? grin
my brother i weak o, the way they just call billion dollars without proof

₦398 billion for the entire lagos is about $1billion

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I left Owerri for Security Reasons (IMO APC PRIMARIES) - AHMED GULAK / Terrorists Attack Military Base In Sokoto, Kill 15 Personnel / Pastor Paul Enenche Releases Video On Osinachi Nwachukwu Death (see Points)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.