Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano (9015 Views)

Foreign Used 2008 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD For Urgent Sale ______SOLD______ / My Bad Experience With Copart Shipping / 2008 Registered Black Nissan Murano. 1 Yr Written Warranty on Gear -800k- SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by bigfather(m): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Nissan Murano is a very problematic SUV,guess it was designed by the devil himself to make people go through pains.

Sorry about your ordeal bro.

grin grin grin
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by brenister10: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2021
donJ2:

It's a pity, when I changed fan belt this same thing happened, I noticed it's only Lagos that have Murrano Mechanics.

If you still had the car, I would have given you useful tips,

Murano be like Tonto Dike. Fine but troublesome
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Paulo3ree(m): 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2021
royalair:
I am a core Nissan/Infiniti user . The murano series are problematic. So far soo good most rugged Nissan product is the pathfinder 2001-2002 and Nissan xterra. The dealer too wasn't honest, that vehicle had lots of fault. You would have checked the vehicle before buying
How could you

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by oladipuposadeeq(m): 10:55pm On Jul 29, 2021
I help people buy and deliver cars here on nairaland and one of the most complicating things about this business is that it seems cars themselves have their own spirit. I delivered an 07 sienna toks sometimes last year to a client which stood as surety because I have delivered 3 cars to him as well as his colleagues and before leaving lagos, I made sure I put everything in order so as to avoid stories that touch left lagos late that day but fortunately for me I slept over at awka when I almost got robbed on the way and took off the next morning delivered to the person with no issue on the way thru out. But after some days of delivering I started getting calls of overheating, top gasket burn my head just scatter even the person that stood for me as surety got really destabilised but sincerely God bless Dr. Ifeanyi Okafor(Nairalander) I still don't know his moniker uptill date self.the man really moved mountains for me, long story short i was told the engine spoil oooooo, but i still suspect the owner's driver for been careless either intentionally or not because car wey no do pim for my hand from lagos-enugu that i drove all thru from 12pm till 11pm when I got to awka and didn't for once turn off the engine so since then if anyone tells me to help them buy a car its as if one is going for a war because most of this business could reshape ones life for the best,we just don't know. God bless our hustle.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Paulo3ree(m): 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2021
kingbee90:

Oga stop using Twitter as a yardstick to measure Murano's durability.
In my earlier post on this thread, I said you are partly to be blamed for your woes but after my investigation, I have realized that you are to be blamed 100%.
I have seen the silver colour Murano you bought & here are my observations:
(1). The unit you bought is not the American spec which our Naija Nissan rewires & mechanics are conversant with BUT the more complex European spec from the united kingdom.
(2). The car was obviously converted from Right to Left hand drive which I'm sure was not properly done. Driving a converted Nissan Murano is as good as trekking because of its complex electrical system.
(3). Since you were not there to physically inspect the car, you should have requested from the dealer, a picture or video of the dashboard which I'm sure would have displayed alot of Xmas warning lights being a poorly converted Murano.

Nissan Murano uses an award winning VQ35DE 3.5Ltr engine(one of the best & powerful v6 engines ever produced in that era). The electrical system is also very durable if not abused. The only downside is the camshaft & crankshaft sensors which can fail(just as it can fail in any other vehicle) & it doesn't fail without giving you a warning for about 3 weeks before it stops working.
The CVT transmission is one of the smoothest transmission you can find and it's very fast & responsive to drive as well as well as helping the fuel economy of the car. Nissan Murano has better fuel economy than a 2005 Honda CR-V & many other 4 cylinder engines and this is a fact.
However, the CVT is very fragile & you must always gauge & monitor your dipstick regular for shortage or change in oil colour & you must use only CVT NS2 oil.
A kazeem must not touch it at all. A Murano owner should own a scanner so that when a code shows up, he knows what is wrong & drives to the mechanic/rewire to fix it instead of guess work.
Lastly, Muranos come with Fwd or Awd. The Fwd is more reliable because the owner has JUST the CVT transmission to worry about but the AWD owners have the CVT transmission, transfer case & rear differential to worry about and oil must never run dry in the transfer case if not it will damage the CVT transmission. Always monitor the Transfer case for leakages because the seals crack easily & if you have a leakage, you either change the seals or you keep topping oil in the case.
Nissan Murano is a beautiful Cuv. More beautiful than Rx330, faster and has a better BOSE sound system. For you to own one, you must be ready to put in more work on its maintenance & if you adhere strictly to the rules of the car, it can serve you better than a Toyota or a Honda.

PEACE!

Hmmmm
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Paulo3ree(m): 11:02pm On Jul 29, 2021
kingbee90:

Oga stop using Twitter as a yardstick to measure Murano's durability.
In my earlier post on this thread, I said you are partly to be blamed for your woes but after my investigation, I have realized that you are to be blamed 100%.
I have seen the silver colour Murano you bought & here are my observations:
(1). The unit you bought is not the American spec which our Naija Nissan rewires & mechanics are conversant with BUT the more complex European spec from the united kingdom.
(2). The car was obviously converted from Right to Left hand drive which I'm sure was not properly done. Driving a converted Nissan Murano is as good as trekking because of its complex electrical system.
(3). Since you were not there to physically inspect the car, you should have requested from the dealer, a picture or video of the dashboard which I'm sure would have displayed alot of Xmas warning lights being a poorly converted Murano.

Nissan Murano uses an award winning VQ35DE 3.5Ltr engine(one of the best & powerful v6 engines ever produced in that era). The electrical system is also very durable if not abused. The only downside is the camshaft & crankshaft sensors which can fail(just as it can fail in any other vehicle) & it doesn't fail without giving you a warning for about 3 weeks before it stops working.
The CVT transmission is one of the smoothest transmission you can find and it's very fast & responsive to drive as well as well as helping the fuel economy of the car. Nissan Murano has better fuel economy than a 2005 Honda CR-V & many other 4 cylinder engines and this is a fact.
However, the CVT is very fragile & you must always gauge & monitor your dipstick regular for shortage or change in oil colour & you must use only CVT NS2 oil.
A kazeem must not touch it at all. A Murano owner should own a scanner so that when a code shows up, he knows what is wrong & drives to the mechanic/rewire to fix it instead of guess work.
Lastly, Muranos come with Fwd or Awd. The Fwd is more reliable because the owner has JUST the CVT transmission to worry about but the AWD owners have the CVT transmission, transfer case & rear differential to worry about and oil must never run dry in the transfer case if not it will damage the CVT transmission. Always monitor the Transfer case for leakages because the seals crack easily & if you have a leakage, you either change the seals or you keep topping oil in the case.
Nissan Murano is a beautiful Cuv. More beautiful than Rx330, faster and has a better BOSE sound system. For you to own one, you must be ready to put in more work on its maintenance & if you adhere strictly to the rules of the car, it can serve you better than a Toyota or a Honda.

PEACE!

You probably think there is pride in pain
Try the said Murano out, there's nothing to loose
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by myhero: 11:27pm On Jul 29, 2021
You bought an SUV of 700k from a car dealer and u are expecting the SUV to serve well abi?? be like say u smoke Chinese weed..

4 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by eagleonearth(m): 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
Bestman2021:
25% of what I bought it for. Big loss but I was happy when they told me it's been sold. That car gave me high blood pressure and constant headache.

I have been holding back laughter but at this point I let it out bro. Well sorry for your loss and it's an experience though. Murano is a stubborn specie with no good recommendation. There are good Nissan rides. Good you settled for a corolla now, even better than the golf you were eyeing. Kpele
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by eagleonearth(m): 11:39pm On Jul 29, 2021
Polaris1:

700k x 25% = 175k
shocked shocked shocked shocked
he actually lost about 750K when you put in every other thing he spent on the car into consideration
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by eagleonearth(m): 11:44pm On Jul 29, 2021
royalair:
I am a core Nissan/Infiniti user . The murano series are problematic. So far soo good most rugged Nissan product is the pathfinder 2001-2002 and Nissan xterra. The dealer too wasn't honest, that vehicle had lots of fault. You would have checked the vehicle before buying
you've said it all. That 2003 pathfinder sells like hot cake in Lagos now. I sold my 2002 xterra for 850k about a fortnight ago. Ride was a sweet pie

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by eagleonearth(m): 11:45pm On Jul 29, 2021
kuss:
I was at a place they butcher vehicles over the weekend
The guy there told me he has butchered more than 30 muranos
grin shocked I'm yet to understand the reason oyibo people decided to be punishing customers with murano

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by eagleonearth(m): 11:50pm On Jul 29, 2021
kingbee90:

Oga you are partly to be blamed for what happened to you. Why would you purchase a used Nissan Murano without conducting due diligence. You didn't go with a professional to scan & inspect the car.
In my city, I see Muranos on the road being driven by women without complaints. Someone in my estate has been using a 2004/2005 Murano as his daily driver since 2014 & I haven't seen him pushing/towing it.
You bought a badly abused Murano. The previous owner really abused it before selling it to you with the help of an insincere dealer. An abused Toyota Camry can also frustrate you.
In as much as we have people with negative reviews on Nissan Murano, we also have people who would say Nissan Murano is the best car they have ever owned.
statistics portrays Murano as the worst and unserviceable ride Nissan has produced, there possibly can be exceptions but the fact remains
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by eagleonearth(m): 12:11am On Jul 30, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
I help people buy and deliver cars here on nairaland and one of the most complicating things about this business is that it seems cars themselves have their own spirit. I delivered an 07 sienna toks sometimes last year to a client which stood as surety because I have delivered 3 cars to him as well as his colleagues and before leaving lagos, I made sure I put everything in order so as to avoid stories that touch left lagos late that day but fortunately for me I slept over at awka when I almost got robbed on the way and took off the next morning delivered to the person with no issue on the way thru out. But after some days of delivering I started getting calls of overheating, top gasket burn my head just scatter even the person that stood for me as surety got really destabilised but sincerely God bless Dr. Ifeanyi Okafor(Nairalander) I still don't know his moniker uptill date self.the man really moved mountains for me, long story short i was told the engine spoil oooooo, but i still suspect the owner's driver for been careless either intentionally or not because car wey no do pim for my hand from lagos-enugu that i drove all thru from 12pm till 11pm when I got to awka and didn't for once turn off the engine so since then if anyone tells me to help them buy a car its as if one is going for a war because most of this business could reshape ones life for the best,we just don't know. God bless our hustle.
how can you drive a sienna for 11hrs from Lagos to Awka??
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by diportivo: 4:12am On Jul 30, 2021
eagleonearth:

a car is meant to be driven

ur point??
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by oladipuposadeeq(m): 5:42am On Jul 30, 2021
eagleonearth:
you ought to calculate hold up and police,soldier and custom disturbance abi you wan make I lie say na 4hrs I use ni besides inside onitsha alone after that bridge we spent over 2hrs inside hold up.
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by eagleonearth(m): 7:19am On Jul 30, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
you ought to calculate hold up and police,soldier and custom disturbance abi you wan make I lie say na 4hrs I use ni besides inside onitsha alone after that bridge we spent over 2hrs inside hold up.
that's almost double the estimated travel time. That's why it's good to leave very early in the morning

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by oladipuposadeeq(m): 7:22am On Jul 30, 2021
eagleonearth:
that's almost double the estimated travel time. That's why it's good to leave very early in the morning
thats true though because there was a time I left for uyo from lagos around 6am and to my surprise I got to ritman college in uyo before 5pm.
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by eagleonearth(m): 8:17am On Jul 30, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
thats true though because there was a time I left for uyo from lagos around 6am and to my surprise I got to ritman college in uyo before 5pm.
nice one, that uyo and Calabar far die
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by laudate: 3:04am On Aug 06, 2021
royalair:
I used my Nissan Xterra for 9 good years, almost 10 years, after I bought it in 2009. I had to sell it off, to buy a newer model of the same Xterra.

My old Xterra 2002 model which I used for years was a tough, reliable and rugged breed.

I drove it on different types of terrain from sandy places to Rocky slopes. It performed.

The 2007 model which I now bought later, isn't even as rugged as the old model. But it still performs fairly well.

The parts are not as expensive as the Toyota SUV brands, but the Nissan works just as well as other Japanese brands.

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by royalair(m): 5:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
That is one thing with Nigerians if you ask them which car is the best the will all shout Toyota. My Nissans have never failed me especially the Pathfinder I know times I've asked myself you sure say this car no go spoil after I pass this kind terrain, for where (that doesn't mean I should push my luck) and funny enough the parts are affordable some of the parts cost are likewise that of some corolla. Nissan finished work in their Pathfinder/xterra series. I recently drove the Pathfinder 2005 model (the amarda look) its not as rugged as its predecessors but I'd give it up for Nissan anytime any day
laudate:

I used my Nissan Xterra for 9 good years, almost 10 years, after I bought it in 2009. I had to sell it off, to buy a newer model of the same Xterra.

My old Xterra 2002 model which I used for years was a tough, reliable and rigged breed.

I drove it on different types of terrain from sandy places to Rocky slopes. It performed.

The 2007 model which I now bought later, isn't even as rugged as the old model. But it still performs fairly well.

The parts are not as expensive as the Toyota SUV brands, but the Nissan works just as well as other Japanese brands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by saynay: 11:37am On Jan 13, 2022
donJ2:

Lol This issue is a small electrical issue I fixed with 5,000. It took the Rewire guy 10mins to fix it...in Lagos though
Pls can u recommend a Gud Rewire and mechanic I have an fx 35
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by honda001: 9:28pm On Jan 16, 2022
Can u assist me get a car ?
oladipuposadeeq:
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by sogmart(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2022
donJ2:

It's a pity, when I changed fan belt this same thing happened, I noticed it's only Lagos that have Murrano Mechanics.

If you still had the car, I would have given you useful tips,

Please come and share me o. D car don dey give me high bp already.
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by kingbee90: 10:39am On Jan 28, 2022
sogmart:

Please come and share me o. D car don dey give me high bp already.

what signs are your car giving you?
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by sogmart(m): 1:33am On Jan 29, 2022
kingbee90:

what signs are your car giving you?
Squeaking sound on motion...i think that's from the gear. I changed hubs already; i thought that was the problem
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by kingbee90: 8:38am On Jan 29, 2022
sogmart:

Squeaking sound on motion...i think that's from the gear. I changed hubs already; i thought that was the problem
If yours is the AWD model? U have to check the transfer case oil level. If there is shortage of oil in the T.case or no oil at all, it can cause the squeaking sound. Driving it in that condition will definitely damage the CVT transmission.
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by sogmart(m): 9:32am On Jan 29, 2022
kingbee90:

If yours is the AWD model? U have to check the transfer case oil level. If there is shortage of oil in the T.case or no oil at all, it can cause the squeaking sound. Driving it in that condition will definitely damage the CVT transmission.

Is it something i can top up myself please
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by kingbee90: 10:14am On Jan 29, 2022
sogmart:

Is it something i can top up myself please
I don't think so. Drive to any filling station where they do alignment and wheel balancing. Tell them you want to check your transfer case oil level. Ensure they have a pit because they have to go under the vehicle due to the location of the transfer case(under the car close to the exhaust mufflers).
They have to drain and refill oil in both the Transfer case and rear differential. Only a liter of oil will do for both. It's a cheap fix under 5k.

By the way, what's the color of the cvt oil on the dipstick & when was the last time you changed your CVT transmission oil?

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by sogmart(m): 7:22pm On Jan 29, 2022
kingbee90:

I don't think so. Drive to any filling station where they do alignment and wheel balancing. Tell them you want to check your transfer case oil level. Ensure they have a pit because they have to go under the vehicle due to the location of the transfer case(under the car close to the exhaust mufflers).
They have to drain and refill oil in both the Transfer case and rear differential. Only a liter of oil will do for both. It's a cheap fix under 5k.

By the way, what's the color of the cvt oil on the dipstick & when was the last time you changed your CVT transmission oil?

Oh, thanks a bunch. Less than 2 weeks ago boss. A mechanic worked on the gear a few days ago; i hit the frontal so hard on a rocky obstacle, the engine oil leaked off completely... Called the mechanic for repairs... Gear oil started dripping, d mechanic came around again to fix something arnd d gear..., so i guess that could have been the source of the problem. The oil colour is still okay (same colour as it was in it's can).
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by achobs: 7:43am On Jan 30, 2022
I hear the sienna's engine and gearbox works perfectly in the nissan Murano. Can experts in the house confirm? Or any Murano user who has done this operation verify this claim. Thanks
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Musdon: 2:51am On Jan 15
royalair:

Do you still use infiniti? I'm thinking of getting a Nigeria used one by next month. What's your advice.
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by royalair(m): 3:24pm On Jan 15
Musdon:

Do you still use infiniti? I'm thinking of getting a Nigeria used one by next month. What's your advice.
which of the infiniti

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Various Peugeot Models For Sale - Peugeot Lovers Enter Here / Bridgestone, Firestone And Apollo Tyres. / 2013 muscle CAMRY@ 3.8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.