Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? (19565 Views)

Nigeria: Ngozi Wants Scrap Of WAEC Or NECO / Dose The Waec Or Neco Do Expire? / The Waec Nov/dec Time Table 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? by gabbym(m): 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2011
Hello guys,pls did the waec or neco do expire after five to seven years that they can't admit u into university with it.some one sald it so i want the nigergan students to advice me if it is true because am a jambite of this 2011.pls ur reply is enssential tanx
Re: Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? by malabite: 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2011
Do you really intend to go to the university? Please can you read your query and see if you can make some corrections. I believe you can do better than this.

In any case, I will answer your questions. WAEC and NECO certificates do not expire; they last for a life time. To hold the office of the president, VP, governor, etc, one must have at least a WAEC/NECO certificate, regardless of the date on it.

The other certificates that do not expire include;
- First School leaving Certificate (Primary School)
- Junior Secondary School Certificate (Junior Secondary School)
- HND, OND, NCE, Bachelors, Masters, PhD, etc (Tertiary qualifications)
Re: Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? by gabbym(m): 10:48pm On Apr 05, 2011
I was in hast so that was why.well what really matter to me is the answer.pls guyz i stil need more answer.tanx
Re: Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? by malabite: 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2011
ok I understand you were in a haste.  You said you need more answers. I guess you didn't understand my explanation that WAEC or NECO certificate does not expire unless the holder dies. Is there anything in particular you want to know? JAMB expires because it is an entrance examination. WAEC is not an entrance examination, it is a certificate/qualification that you can use to get higher qualification, get a job, vie for political office, etc.
Re: Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 06, 2011
malabite:

ok I understand you were in a haste.  You said you need more answers. I guess you didn't understand my explanation that WAEC or NECO certificate does not expire unless the holder dies. Is there anything in particular you want to know? JAMB expires because it is an entrance examination. WAEC is not an entrance examination, it is a certificate/qualification that you can use to get higher qualification, get a job, vie for political office, etc.

He was in haste and not in a haste. WAEC certificate does expire if you want to delay or JAMB does the delay in enrolling in a University. I know FUT MX won't allow you come in with a 4-yr-old cert. Go and ask.
Re: Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? by AbuMaryam1(m): 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
kai! At any cost the guy had communicated with you, and he got what he want. English language my foot.
Re: Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? by malabite: 2:01pm On Apr 06, 2011
ferdiii:

He was in haste and not in a haste. WAEC certificate does expire if you want to delay or JAMB does the delay in enrolling in a University. I know FUT MX won't allow you come in with a 4-yr-old cert. Go and ask.

Yes, he was in haste not in a haste, thanks for pointing that out
Re: Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? by subzeroamd(m): 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2011
it do not expires at all unless the holder of it died
كيف حالك يبو مريم عساك بخير,,,اتشرف بمعرفتك
Re: Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? by tosnat: 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2011
@ malabite.pls dont play mr know-all at sum1 else's risk. @gabbym.4 admission purposes,o'level results 'expire',as in,some skuls don't admit candidates wit waec/neco results dat ar 5 years old,except in special caseş we d candidate has a superior qualification e.g,ond.AM CERTAIN ABOUT FUTA.dont even boda applyn if u fall nto dat category,FUTA wil not admit u.research bout oda skuls urself,
Re: Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? by xreal: 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2011
'In haste, in a haste, dose', or whatever.
I think the key is Communication. Which y'all confirmed-decoded.

Abu-Maryam:

English language my foot.
my point, thank you.
Re: Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? by gabbym(m): 7:31pm On Apr 12, 2011
i sincerely appreciated all of you guys.well as a matter of fat i choice unaab as my first and second choice wat abt it can i get my admission in there?

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan To Expel 328 Students Over ‘Shameful Academic Results’ / GRE And Universities In Canada / Top 10 Most Worst Universites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.