Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam (1099 Views)

Why Content Marketing Is Getting Crucial These Days / Sygnifik.com Is A Scam SEO Website! Beware!!! / Why Email Marketing Is Still Effective Tool For Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam by shop365: 7:53am On Jan 29, 2021
With all the hype about affiliate marketing, I decided to venture into it using Amazon in April 2020. I contacted a webmaster from this forum..charged a huge sum,did all necessary research, gave me all the promises that within 6 months..I'll get organic traffic and sales would start tricking in. 6 months came and nothing was forthcoming, Amazon cancelled my account because it has exceeded 180 day timeline.
I contacted another webmaster and he did some corrections, redesigned the site and i reapplied for Amazon again. In all..i have spent close to 500k just to do affiliate marketing and no sales yet. My target audience is USA. The traffic is just little and no conversion and it's almost a year.
I would have used it to start an offline business. People keep hyping it and writing long articles but I'm a victim and i can tell you that affiliate marketing is not real..
Before you come to tell me to implement this or that..you must show me your own affiliate blog and proof of earnings. I don't mind putting some extra money to make it work
Re: Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam by just2endowed: 7:54am On Jan 29, 2021
hmmmm
Re: Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam by Modsarefools(f): 8:16am On Jan 29, 2021
Do u have a site or just a landing page?
Re: Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam by ikllbrokehoes(m): 8:17am On Jan 29, 2021
It dosen't work for everyone
Re: Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam by Canon24: 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2021
shop365:
With all the hype about affiliate marketing, I decided to venture into it using Amazon in April 2020. I contacted a webmaster from this forum..charged a huge sum,did all necessary research, gave me all the promises that within 6 months..I'll get organic traffic and sales would start tricking in. 6 months came and nothing was forthcoming, Amazon cancelled my account because it has exceeded 180 day timeline.
I contacted another webmaster and he did some corrections, redesigned the site and i reapplied for Amazon again. In all..i have spent close to 500k just to do affiliate marketing and no sales yet. My target audience is USA. The traffic is just little and no conversion and it's almost a year.
I would have used it to start an offline business. People keep hyping it and writing long articles but I'm a victim and i can tell you that affiliate marketing is not real..
Before you come to tell me to implement this or that..you must show me your own affiliate blog and proof of earnings. I don't mind putting some extra money to make it work

I have an Amazon Affiliate niche site and I know it pays
Re: Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam by shop365: 3:32pm On Jan 29, 2021
Canon24:

I have an Amazon Affiliate niche site and I know it pays
please WhatsApp me on my signature
Re: Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2021
It requires an already established blog, building a blog from scratch for affiliate marketing is a herculean task.

Still, I personally don't buy into any affiliate program! cool

1 Like

Re: Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam by shop365: 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2021
questechie:
It requires an already established blog, building a blog from scratch for affiliate marketing is a herculean task.

Still, I personally don't buy into any affiliate program! cool
thanks for your honest opinion
Re: Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam by Pk01(m): 11:09pm On Jan 29, 2021
Send pm...afliate marketing drop shipping no longer works..there are good business to venture into online
Re: Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam by shop365: 11:15pm On Jan 29, 2021
Pk01:
Send pm...afliate marketing drop shipping no longer works..there are good business to venture into online
a confirmation of my assertion
Re: Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam by zynzyn(m): 12:11am On Jan 30, 2021
shop365:

It works for a competitive few. Low traffic sites HARDLY make it!

You need to understand the AIDA principle of Marketing! grin
Re: Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam by ziziangel(m): 1:51pm On Feb 11, 2021
It actually works, I sell at least four amazon affiliate sites for clients as a site broker. I currently have one a client of mine is looking to sell that makes $5k monthly and its market value is an estimate of $160k but it took him almost 3years to build it to that point.

Just like every other business on earth, it takes real time, hardwork & dedication to scale it.

Secondly, you should carry and a deep kW research and go for low competition niches with less competition. Like the client I mentioned above, his niche is in DIY and the competition in the product he affiliates is damn low.

Most sites take up to 8 months before they start seeing profits. I think ads display sites are preferable for folks like you.

(1) (Reply)

Seun, What Ur Site Server Language / Software Review / I Need Someone To Design Me A Website Asap!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.