Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack (22984 Views)

Tinubu Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria — South-West Governors / Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me / Sunday Igboho: We Didn’t Burn Seriki Fulani’s Property, The Indigenes Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by Marine54(m): 4:20pm On Jan 29, 2021
Saliu Abdulkadir, Seriki Fulani of Igangan, has accused Sunday Adeyemo, a youth leader better known as Sunday Igboho, of leading the attack which resulted in the destruction of properties in the area.

Igboho made the headlines after he issued a quit notice to Fulanis in Ibarapa local government area (LGA).

However, things escalated as protesters stormed the Fulani settlement area in Igangan — shortly after Igboho addressed a crowd of his supporters — setting houses and vehicles ablaze.

Speaking at a media conference in Ilorin, the Kwara capital, on Thursday, Abdulkadir alleged that seven of his people were killed as a result of the attacks, while two corpses have not yet been found.

“I was at home when the area commander of Oyo state called me that they are coming to my house with Sunday Igboho for dialogue,” he said.

“It was not up to 40 minutes when my children ran to me that some group of people led by Sunday Igboho, were coming towards us, where we observe our Eid prayers, trooping to my house, burning our houses, shooting guns, burning our cars, and killing our animals. My children had to rescue me from the village.

“My houses, 11 vehicles belonging to myself and my children, and some others belonging to visitors were burnt to ashes. Seven of my people were killed. The corpses of two of them have not yet been found. Some of my animals were carted away. I urge the government to take note of all these.”

Speaking on efforts by the Fulani community in Igangan to address kidnapping, he alleged that Yorubas are also involved in criminal activities which have led to the abduction and killing of several of his kinsmen.

“When the case of kidnapping was reported to me, I assisted the security agents to arrest nine suspects. Among these nine, about six of them are Yorubas, while the other three are Fulanis. Three Yorubas among them were released, while the remaining six are at the correctional centre in Agodi, including the Fulanis,” Abdulkadir added.

“Furthermore, there are two villages close to Igangan, namely, Tapa and Lanlate. I worked with the security agencies to arrest some kidnappers in these two villages towards the end of last year.”

He urged governments at all levels to ensure proper investigation of the attack on his residence in Igangan, and ensure that all those found culpable are brought to book.

https://thecable.ng/seven-of-my-people-were-killed-seriki-fulani-accuses-sunday-igboho-of-leading-oyo-attack

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by dangermouse(m): 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2021
There is no smoke without fire. Na only Fulani's dey this country?

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by Iamgrey5(m): 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2021
The man is always lying.

He once said nothing happened to his men.

Now! he is lying again to gain pity.

The main point here is that you are no longer wanted in the Igangan community in Ibarapa.

Ibarapa has 7 towns and it seems only the Fulani in Igangan became the centre of attention.

To clarify, in Oyo state we have several Ebira villages[ settlements], Igede villages[settlements], Togolese villages[settlements]who are often farmers in those rural communities.

Many of these people have integrated into their communities that one cannot tell the difference between them and Yoruba people of Oyo state again.

Why is it that only the Fulani communities are causing the problem for the entire state?

272 Likes 23 Shares

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by butterfly777(m): 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2021
Hmnn
Putting an end to open grazing is the way out.

One of the simple ways everyone can take part in the fight against open grazing of cattle and the attendant violence and destruction is by NOT BUYING MEAT until further notice.

You won't die if you don't eat red meat, but you and many others can reduce the motivation of the cattle herders to rear cattle in your area.

Buy so doing, you can save the lives and farm investment of innocent hardworking Nigerians whose farms are waiting to be ravaged and destroyed.

By that little act, you can help stop the problem of food scarcity caused by the fear of farmers for farming and the destruction of their farms.

You are a civilian, but you can stop patronizing BLOOD meat, and financing our common enemy.

This is not the only step we have to take, but it is one of many strategies for fighting a common enemy who depends on us for patronage.

Let's boycott red meat until further notice. We won't die.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by butterfly777(m): 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2021
The people have to get organised and stand up against a common enemy. The government and kings have proven unreliable. Many of them are at the even receiving payments from the government and the herders.

If they care, they would have done something tangible since. But we can all see what they are doing and saying, directly and indirectly.

So, let's rise up. Let us do anything in our capacity, such as Intellectual warfare, legal warfare, social media warfare, prayer warfare, Sunday Ighoho-ism, civil rallies, civil disobedience, and so on.

Rise up and do something.

God is on our side, and victory is ours.

19 Likes

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by Qelvin(m): 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2021
Seriki changing his story every second like I change my girlfriends.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by Baawaa(m): 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2021
His your men they killed, they are coming for you too

10 Likes

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by Charmingrascal(m): 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2021
How many people have your people killed.
You cowards that always kill harmless people.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 29, 2021
Sunday should be arrested immediately

Touts like sunday igboho shouldn't speak or act for the yoruba nation.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2021
When every 'leader' in the SW is running to meet you, why won't you cook up stories?

5 Likes

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by ENGINEERG(m): 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2021
SO SERIKI IS NOW IN ILORIN.

ILORIN HAS BEEN FULANI CONQURED TERRITORY SINCE 18 CENTURY. SO WELCOME HOME NOW

THEY EVEN CALLED THEMSELVES OMO ALIMI, INSTEAD OF OMO ODUA.

AFONJA, WILL FOREVER BLAME HIMSELF ANYWHERE HE IS BY NOW

37 Likes

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by ImperialYoruba: 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2021
Marine54:
Saliu Abdulkadir, Seriki Fulani of Igangan, has accused Sunday Adeyemo, a youth leader better known as Sunday Igboho, of leading the attack which resulted in the destruction of properties in the area.

Igboho made the headlines after he issued a quit notice to Fulanis in Ibarapa local government area (LGA).

However, things escalated as protesters stormed the Fulani settlement area in Igangan — shortly after Igboho addressed a crowd of his supporters — setting houses and vehicles ablaze.

Speaking at a media conference in Ilorin, the Kwara capital, on Thursday, Abdulkadir alleged that seven of his people were killed as a result of the attacks, while two corpses have not yet been found.

Advertisement
“I was at home when the area commander of Oyo state called me that they are coming to my house with Sunday Igboho for dialogue,” he said.

“It was not up to 40 minutes when my children ran to me that some group of people led by Sunday Igboho, were coming towards us, where we observe our Eid prayers, trooping to my house, burning our houses, shooting guns, burning our cars, and killing our animals. My children had to rescue me from the village.

“My houses, 11 vehicles belonging to myself and my children, and some others belonging to visitors were burnt to ashes. Seven of my people were killed. The corpses of two of them have not yet been found. Some of my animals were carted away. I urge the government to take note of all these.”

Advertisement
Speaking on efforts by the Fulani community in Igangan to address kidnapping, he alleged that Yorubas are also involved in criminal activities which have led to the abduction and killing of several of his kinsmen.

“When the case of kidnapping was reported to me, I assisted the security agents to arrest nine suspects. Among these nine, about six of them are Yorubas, while the other three are Fulanis. Three Yorubas among them were released, while the remaining six are at the correctional centre in Agodi, including the Fulanis,” Abdulkadir added.

“Furthermore, there are two villages close to Igangan, namely, Tapa and Lanlate. I worked with the security agencies to arrest some kidnappers in these two villages towards the end of last year.”

He urged governments at all levels to ensure proper investigation of the attack on his residence in Igangan, and ensure that all those found culpable are brought to book.

https://thecable.ng/seven-of-my-people-were-killed-serikin-fulani-accuses-sunday-igboho-of-leading-oyo-attack

grin grin
If OPC had led the get-out-of-town campaign his entire clan would be dead by now.

Those that died committed suicide. You had seven days notice, why did you lag behind. That's suicidal. grin

10 Likes

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by JaffyJoe(m): 5:35pm On Jan 29, 2021
ENGINEERG:
SO SERIKI IS NOW IN ILORIN.

ILORIN HAS BEEN FULANI CONQURED TERRITORY SINCE 18 CENTURY. SO WELCOME HOME NOW

THEY EVEN CALLED THEMSELVES OMO ALIMI, INSTEAD OF OMO ODUA.

AFONJA, WILL FOREVER BLAME HIMSELF ANYWHERE HE IS BY NOW

My brother. That shxt pissed me off. What was Kwara government thinking.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by WonderManly(m): 6:12pm On Jan 29, 2021
Is like this man is sick and dreaming. I thought he said non of his boys Killed days ago. Why changing of story now.
Now, let's ask him these questions:
1. How many time did Sunday Igboho and his boys come to your palace?
2. Who said non of my boys killed?
3. Has Sunday Igboho and his boys come back after that day?
4a. How come Seven (7) of your boys killed now?
4b. How did they died?
4c. Did they died by physical attack?
4d. Or they died by spiritual attack?
If he can answer those questions correctly. Then he knows what he saying. But if not. Then his also a died man walking around.

13 Likes

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by Enudapan: 6:26pm On Jan 29, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

The ones wey your people kill nkor?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by denniev: 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2021
Yoruba youths should wake up now

7 Likes

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by FireTheMods: 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2021
Hmmmm. It is well
Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by obicoolnino: 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2021
A
Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by osuofia2(m): 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2021
Fulani lives matters, Time for pay back will come
Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by Amuluonyenaego: 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2021
Stupid drug addict
Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by MOLOTOVcockTAIL(m): 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2021
Useless man

2 Likes

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by capatainrambo: 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2021
Wat of the people fulani have killed so far ?

1 Like

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by Abigirlsuen: 6:28pm On Jan 29, 2021
So sad l
Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by Houseofglam7(f): 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2021
undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Of My People Were Killed - Seriki Fulani Accuses Igboho Of Leading Oyo Attack by airsaylongcome: 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2021
Igboora which is the boss of all 7 Ibarapa villages has been quiet. Now only those Tapa Aiyete and Igangan Dey burn? I remember Fulani herdsmen used to graze their cattle on the fields of that Ibarapa General Hospital

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva / President Buhari, Party Leaders Hold APC Caucus Meeting (photos) / Thousands Return To Borno After Boko Haram Ouster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.