Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Dubai Or South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai Or South Africa (1873 Views)

Dubai Or Vietnam Which Is Better To Hustle? / This Is Not Dubai Or Heathrow, This Is The New Oshodi BRT Bus Terminal - Photos / Dubai Or Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai Or South Africa by MYBUSINESSARENA: 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2021
Hello house, those with traveling experience.
Please between DUBAI AND SOUTH AFRICA which have a better prospects in terms of:
1. Jobs hustling
2. Regularisation of stay
3. Easy of visa application
4. Ease for starter/beginners with less resources.
NOTE: Strictly for people with traveling experience, SPECULATORS STAY AWAY DON'T DERAIL THREAD.
Thanks
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by dimexy247(m): 5:39pm On Jan 29, 2021
I have been to SA before but I had to come back, lived there for 3 years.

There's isn't enough job for citizens let alone foreigners and I'm talking of legitimate jobs. Hustling is hard too, you will need permit to be able to roam free and avoid harassment by the cops.

Permits are doable though if u get the right people, but it's fucking expensive and u can be duped too and u can't do anything about it. I got something we call 'aduro' while I lived there which is a refugees status.

Places like Jo'burg and Pretoria are cast already, there's where a lot of Nigerians are.

I got like over 15 friends looking for money to leave but couldn't, no permit, no asylum permit, nothing, they can only go through what's called TC.

If u are going to establish ur own business with there, u need a lot of money and also be ready to face the ' eta' also known as SA bra.

Xenophobia still exists in SA and they hate Nigerians die especially the men. The only thing that's enjoyable in SA are the drinks and their women with their bigger ass.

Summary is SA is a cop country like the UK. Without proper papers, u can't live a good life. Even renting an apartment, u will need ID.

Also been to Dubai in 2013.

I will tell u this straight, Dubai isn't a place to hustle, u either get a contract job after which the company decides whether to renew or terminate ur contract after it expires. And Nigerians has got low chance of getting jobs due to our reputation.

They prefer Filipinos and Indians.

Never ever go on tourist visa hoping to get job when u get there. Once ur stay expires, u will pay for overstay for each day u stay in that country.

Don't get me wrong, people survive but if a life of always looking after ur shoulder is what u want, running and hiding from cops always. Go ahead. I am just stating the facts.

I had first hand experience.

17 Likes

Re: Dubai Or South Africa by Warmaterial(m): 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2021
Mehh! Life no easy oo and E no balance ... But y not try turkey is far better in terms of tolerance than the 2 countries u mentioned.
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by Mike213: 9:54am On Jan 30, 2021
Warmaterial:
Mehh! Life no easy oo and E no balance ... But y not try turkey is far better in terms of tolerance than the 2 countries u mentioned.

Jobs in turkey pay very low. 40naira every hour. Factory work plenty. Cloth factory work
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by pat077: 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mike213:

Jobs in turkey pay very low. 40naira every hour. Factory work plenty. Cloth factory work
wait. 40 naira per hour?
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by motta(m): 5:37pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mike213:

forty naira ?
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by Mike213: 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2021
motta:
forty naira ?
pat077:
wait. 40 naira per hour?

Yes oo my people
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by pat077: 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mike213:

Yes oo my people
that can't be possible. That means if u work for 10hrs in a day that is 400 naira per day? So in 30 days that is 12k. Maybe that 40 is their currency and not our naira. Do ur findings again.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Or South Africa by Mike213: 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
pat077:
that can't be possible. That means if u work for 10hrs in a day that is 400 naira per day? So in 30 days that is 12k. Maybe that 40 is their currency and not our naira. Do ur findings again.

I repeat 40 naira. No be say they tell me I spent some months there before I give up. Na geeboys full there and students

1 Like

Re: Dubai Or South Africa by jieta: 8:34pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mike213:

I repeat 40 naira. No be say they tell me I spent some months there before I give up. Na geeboys full there and students
Hehe Abeg make una no kill me with laff
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by iretiogo1: 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mike213:

one Turkish lira is like 52 today so you’re tell us they pay less a one lira per hour

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Or South Africa by iretiogo1: 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
iretiogo1:
one Turkish lira is like # 52 today so you’re tell us they pay less a one lira per hour
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by Goodman247: 11:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mike213:

Yes oo my people
grin grin, you are a joker
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by Goodman247: 11:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mike213:

grin grin
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by Mike213: 11:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
Goodman247:
grin grin, you are a joker

Hmmm
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by imran90(m): 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mike213:

I'm sorry but that's a very big lie coming out of your mouth.
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by Mike213: 11:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
imran90:
I'm sorry but that's a very big lie coming out of your mouth.

You are olamilekan right?
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by Goodman247: 8:21am On Jan 31, 2021
Mike213:

you are just lieing, you are not serious, you have never been in Turkey.
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by imran90(m): 6:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
Mike213:

No sir
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by MYBUSINESSARENA: 9:07pm On Jan 31, 2021
Thanks sir, you are quite experience in traveling, pls what would you advise sir?

[quote author=dimexy247 post=98558428]
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by dimexy247(m): 3:01am On Feb 01, 2021
Well, it would really depend on the country you would like to go, but my personal advice would be for you to either make application for Canada, the USA, Australia or maybe New Zealand or Germany and possibly Rwanda.

NOTE: Australia border is closed for now due to the pandemic.

You can apply either as a skilled worker, student or business person with intent to establish once you get there, (very experience though)

Those countries I listed are quite great for hustling, starters and even for families, though application can quite be extensive and complicated sometimes except the USA, applying for the USA is quite very easy for non immigrants, the only problem is the interview by a consular who will decide whether you're fit to be issued visa or not for entry. You have to prove to the consular that you have more than enough ties here in Nigeria.

I don't want to go into full details by analysing each country one by one, make some research and choose which is best for you. You may even find better country that suits you more than the one I listed.

Notable mentions are Belgium, Norway, Poland, South Korea, Dublin, Luxembourg.

Also be careful with travel agent, there's no leg anywhere, forget the sweet talks. There's isn't any country you can't apply by yourself. It will reduce cost and give less headache. Don't lie in your application.

Good luck on your endeavors.

MYBUSINESSARENA:
Thanks sir, you are quite experience in traveling, pls what would you advise sir?

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Or South Africa by Uzee7: 7:19pm On Feb 01, 2021
None of the two is good.
MYBUSINESSARENA:
Hello house, those with traveling experience.
Please between DUBAI AND SOUTH AFRICA which have a better prospects in terms of:
1. Jobs hustling
2. Regularisation of stay
3. Easy of visa application
4. Ease for starter/beginners with less resources.
NOTE: Strictly for people with traveling experience, SPECULATORS STAY AWAY DON'T DERAIL THREAD.
Thanks
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by MYBUSINESSARENA: 7:50pm On Feb 01, 2021
Uzee7:
None of the two is good.
Please state your reason and possible suggestions.
Thanks
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
Definitely Dubai.
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by MYBUSINESSARENA: 8:22am On Feb 03, 2021
euromilion:
Definitely Dubai.
Your reason sir
Re: Dubai Or South Africa by iretiogo1: 9:10am On Feb 03, 2021
Either Dubai or Southy all I know you should pray to God for guidance and stay focus I have friends that have travel to Southy and from there to USA even one join us army tho I don’t know how thy do it. Everything depends on your head , stay focus and believe in yourself
Don’t mess up yourself as well
That’s all I can say

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Or South Africa by BigDawsNet: 6:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
Why are you worried to apply for US or Canada visa

You are a human
You have education
You can interact and speak

Apply for US/Canada visa
And go for interview

If you meet the requirements, they will issue you a visa

Drop ur fears and apply...

As long as you are a citizen of Nigeria
And you hold a passport

You are eligible to apply..

Goodluck

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Jos To Maiduguri Trip (Live Update). / Who Has Travelled To Canada Tru Belvic Global Ventures? / Electricity Supply In Egbeda Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.