Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,484 members, 7,958,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:02 PM

We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow (32367 Views)

I Would Rather Die Than Join APC - Femi Fani-Kayode (Throwback) / Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me / Sunday Igboho: We Didn’t Burn Seriki Fulani’s Property, The Indigenes Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by uchihajt: 1:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:
Yoruba no get mind to pursue that man comot from that town.

Let me shaa mind my business. It's a slave and master issue
No be lie..
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Honor10: 1:03pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:

Are u referring to your parents with the bolded?

3 Likes

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by NgwalandAba(m): 1:05pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:

Seriki chose to stay in Igangan. U can't do anything about it

Shut up there,he can go back to juta jallons,he don't share anything in common with the Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
NgwalandAba:

Shut up there,he can go back to juta jallons,he don't share anything in common with the Yorubas.

Then u should go back to Dahomey. That's the origin of Yoruba. That's where oduduwa the fallen demon landed when he fell out of favour with God
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by NgwalandAba(m): 1:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:

Then u should go back to Dahomey. That's the origin of Yoruba. That's where oduduwa the fallen demon landed when he fell out of favour with God

See rant.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
It's about to go down...
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Optional09: 1:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
[url][/url]Not that alone don’t sell land to them don’t hire them, they won’t come closer. The indigenes too can go into the business of cow rearing since it’s a profitable business but do it in a modern way to set a pattern for how you want cattle business to be coordinated in your community. It is possible, I think the problem is the lack of education. I travelled to Oyo in 2013 in search of shear butter and i saw lot of Yoruba young men ridding Okada and blocking the road with stick to demand money from okada riders and commercial vehicles. I i couldn’t be silent i questioned why they have chosen such a low kind of life when they have lands to farm. They said Fulani would never allow you harvest your crops. This madness had been going on for a long time my people and we all must rise against it.

1 Like

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Lightorder: 1:10pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:
They have no choice. Seriki fulani is a Nigerian and he is free to live and do business anywhere in Nigeria.

Rather than denying that man his right, the people of Igangan should rather leave the town for him and relocate to neighbouring towns; that way, peace will reign.

Yorubas are accommodating and it won't be a problem they leaving the town for the peaceful fulani seriki
my people use to say that as the domestic hen rejoices when the wild fowl is been hunted as game and the meat brought home to be shared, that when the hunter runs out of meat, she will be the next game for meat. My people from the west, when other regions are being hounded and are struggling to survive, don’t call them Pigs or make other derogatory remarks about them . Let be together, it is same burden that is on us all

1 Like

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
Whoever is harbouring that criminal Seriki in Ilorin is a criminal too and will be treated as such in the fullness of time. Emir of fulani of Ilorin or whatever he calls himself should watch it ! Ilorin is Yoruba land and as such cannot be a safe haven for a known enemy of Yoruba people and a criminal.

If care is not taken,Ilorin too may go up in flame because of this matter. That criminal Seriki must be arrested and prosecuted for all the crimes committed by him and his murderous people.

I don't know what makes the fool thinks he is safe in Ilorin. Is Ilorin your father's town or what ?

3 Likes

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Arijude(m): 1:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:

Seriki chose to stay in Igangan. U can't do anything about it
let him go back na
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
Arijude:
let him go back na

Don't over push ur luck
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by wink2015(m): 1:14pm On Jan 30, 2021
Residents of Igangan in Ibarapa North-West LCDA of Oyo State have vowed never to allow the now-ejected Seriki Fulani, Abdulkadri Saliu, to return to the community. According to them, accepting the Seriki Fulani back in the town was tantamount to self-suicide, adding that they would rather die than to accept Saliu back in the town.

“The entire town would rather go into self-suicide than to accept Seriki back. We would rather lay down our lives than for us and our generations to come to be subjected to the evil reign of Seriki again,” the Convener, Igangan Development Advocates, Oladiran Oladokun, told The PUNCH on Friday.

Oladokun was reacting to a statement made by the Seriki Fulani that he would consider moving back to Igangan. “If given opportunity to return to the community I would consider moving back to Igangan,” Saliu, whose family members have settled temporarily in Ilorin, Kwara State, had said on Thursday.

The PUNCH earlier reported that a popular Yoruba rights activist, Sunday Adeyemo, well known as Sunday Igboho, had asked herdsmen accused of perpetrating sundry crimes in Ibarapaland to leave within 7 days. At the expiration of the ultimatum, Igangan residents, emboldened by Igboho’s presence had ejected the Seriki Fulani and his herders out of the rustic town.

Speaking with our correspondent on Friday, Oladokun said residents of the town have been exhaling breathe of fresh air and relief since the eviction of Saliu and his men. He said farmers now have renewed hope of returning to their farms to continue agricultural activities without fear of being raped, kidnapped and killed.

The IDA leader said the people of the community would not want any order that would truncate the momentary peace and tranquility that they have started enjoying. “Our people will not allow that reign, that enslavement to come back now that they have tasted freedom a little. We are now relieved. People couldn't go to farm for so many months but are now thinking of going back to their farms and are now having hope of a better life and you want to take that hope from them? Our people won’t allow that,” the youth leader told The PUNCH.

Continuing, Oladokun said, “In the media, people perceive what happened in Igangan as an exaggeration. But for about 20 years, Igangan lived under the oppressive blood carnage championed by the Seriki himself. How do I know? Why is it that on every occasion, no Fulani has been prosecuted?”

“If the Seriki is really who he claims to be and he cares so much about the town, why did he not bring out at least one culprit and say, ‘Igangan people, this one that you claimed killed a farmer last week, this is him, we got him for you. We don’t want criminals amongst us, we don’t people to tarnish our image.’ Why hasn’t the Seriki done that over the years?

“Seriki claimed he had no control over Igangan but it is a lie; he held control over the town and the killings, he held sway over Igangan, even the Asigangan of Igangan land and the chiefs were helpless and they bowed to him. That is why when they (herders) committed a crime, they would go to him (Seriki) and he would ask them to relax even if they killed or raped a woman in the farm. He would tell them it was the Ja’mah (congregation) that did it,” he alleged.

The IDA leader further urged the Presidency and the Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, to launch a comprehensive investigation into the allegations levelled against the Seriki Fulani to uncover and ascertain the truth of the matter and bring the culprits to book.

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/well-rather-die-than-accept-seriki-fulani-back-igangan-residents-vow/

Seriki forget about what the Nigerian constitution says about your right to live in any area of Nigeria and also your right to own properties.

Follow road and go back to your fulani enclave in the North.

Yoruba people do not want to take eye to see you again despite the fact that you have acclimatize to the yoruba culture, speak the yoruba language etc.

1 Like

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by AntiIgbo: 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:

Don't over push ur luck

Close your gutter cheesy
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by kayjay69(m): 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
The problem is that it is still some Yoruba people (some because of religion and others out of pure ignorance) that are selling my people out. If not, then please explain to me how any well meaning Yoruba person will invite a tribe who are historically marauders masking as herdsmen into their own lands, all in the name of being nice and accommodating. I will not be shocked if that man returns to said community within a year from now. For me, the only solution to this is for every Yoruba son and daughter to arm themselves and be ready to defend what is rightfully theirs. Enough is Enough and the longer we delay, the worse it will be.

I have said it before and I will say it again. The Hausa-fulani do not understand logic. They are not rational people, if they were they would be seeking a real truce that brings real peace but that is not what they are after because that is not what they seek. They only understand power and force, if you try to dialogue it is perceived as a sign of weakness.

No one cares for the average Yoruba in the streets of South west cities or South west villages. We have politicians who are so ambitious, the moon is just their starting point. We have religious leaders who are so charismatic, Martin Luther King does not have nothing on them. We have traditional leaders who.... forgive me these ones are just mere mascots. All of them share one thing in common, they are only leaders in name, they do not understand what true leadership is about.

We are clearly a people who have learned nothing from the lessons offered from our history which is why we are on a firm path to repeating history. It is sad but these are the truths, I do not look to any one of the above category of leaders for support or leadership. It is high time Yorubas start to fortify and arm themselves, this is not a war that will be won overnight. We must be resolute and strong if we are to achieve permanent solutions.

Optional09:
Not that alone don’t sell land to them don’t hire them, they won’t come closer. The indigenes too can go into the business of cow rearing since it’s a profitable business but do it in a modern way to set a pattern for how you ur ant cattle business to be coordinated in your community.

9 Likes

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by AntiIgbo: 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:

And you should go back to Egypt that's where ibos originated from, nonsense cheesy
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by MummyD2020(f): 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
nazicartel:
Where's the Nigerian Army?... Those set of mad men will lead the seriki to that place and stay in that community for sometime

They are busy in the east, which is the only place dey go to flex their muscles. They buried their placenta there.

1 Like

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Kelvin3476: 1:31pm On Jan 30, 2021
Now is the time to shout equality by women. They shouldn't keep quiet
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Sleekfingers: 1:31pm On Jan 30, 2021
prof2007:

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/well-rather-die-than-accept-seriki-fulani-back-igangan-residents-vow/

na fulani chasing season we dey for southwest......when buhari is out in 2023,,,,,fulani in the southwest will beg for their lives. Thats if the next president is not from the north,,,,,,....
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by MummyD2020(f): 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2021
kayjay69:
The problem is that it is still some Yoruba people (some because of religion and others out of pure ignorance) that are selling my people out. If not, then please explain to me how any well meaning Yoruba person will invite a tribe who are historically marauders masking as herdsmen into their own lands, all in the name of being nice and accommodating. I will not be shocked if that man returns to said community within a year from now. For me, the only solution to this is for every Yoruba son and daughter to arm themselves and be ready to defend what is rightfully theirs. Enough is Enough and the longer we delay, the worse it will be.

I have said it before and I will say it again. The Hausa-fulani do not understand logic. They are not rational people, if they were they would be seeking a real truce that brings real peace but that is not what they are after because that is not what they seek. They only understand power and force, if you try to dialogue it is perceived as a sign of weakness.

No one cares for the average Yoruba in the streets of South west cities or South west villages. We have politicians who are so ambitious, the moon is just their starting point. We have religious leaders who are so charismatic, Martin Luther King does not have nothing on them. We have traditional leaders who.... forgive me these ones are just mere mascots. All of them share one thing in common, they are only leaders in name, they do not understand what true leadership is about.

We are clearly a people who have learned nothing from the lessons offered from our history which is why we are on a firm path to repeating history. It is sad but these are the sad truths, I do not look to any one of the above category of leaders for support or leadership. It is high time Yorubas start to fortify and arm themselves, this is not a war that will be won overnight. We must be resolute and strong if we are to achieve permanent solutions.

These are good suggestions to curb this menace.
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by undet: 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:
They have no choice. Seriki fulani is a Nigerian and he is free to live and do business anywhere in Nigeria.

Rather than denying that man his right, the people of Igangan should rather leave the town for him and relocate to neighbouring towns; that way, peace will reign.

Yorubas are accommodating and it won't be a problem they leaving the town for the peaceful fulani seriki
Oni Kure! Oro werey loso yen man

2 Likes

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by yommen: 1:33pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:

Obviously you no get sense. You say dem no get mind to pursue the man wey dem don pursue already. Are all your Ibo politicians too not obviously slaves to Nigerian politics? Oh... You don't seem to know that you are second class citizens?

2 Likes

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 30, 2021
Naughtysex:
Can you imagine a king of a village going to bow down before a stupid stranger to report the killing or raping of his subjects
This is a shameful act
That's Yoruba for you,they are accommodating.
They don't want to die
Ah ah ah
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Sleekfingers: 1:34pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:

wetin y'all online chest beaters don do to the fulanis in your mud infested region? Shior

1 Like

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Dharmiejoe(m): 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
Imagine a Fulani bastard coming to another man's territory to cause havoc and unrest. Yoruba's should rise up to Stop them! Enough of complacency.
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by madridsta007(m): 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
prof2007:

Sarki in Ibadan?
Hahahaha!

Next is Emir of Ibadan.
If in doubt, ask Ilorin residents.

1 Like

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by madridsta007(m): 1:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
nazicartel:
Where's the Nigerian Army?... Those set of mad men will lead the seriki to that place and stay in that community for sometime

You know them well.

1 Like

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by slickbak(m): 1:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
BigSarah:
Beware of what you say, your wish might just
My thoughts exactly. U know this...
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:

The Yorubas understand what you meant. You want to push the Yorubas to war. Yorubas cannot be pushed to war because other Southern group are already prepared for war. Yorubas going to war is the end of Southern Nigeria slavery.

The North came to Lagos to control our waters through NPA and NIWA, they control our Ports and Borders through Customs. They control Niger Delta oil and gas through NNPC. There is nothing in their region attractive to the South. The gold in Zamfara is of no value to the South and is fully under their manipulation.

If Yorubas should go to war today, the Niger Delta militants will takeover the Creeks and Eastern Security Network will be fully in Charge of the East. The Yorubas need time to get her acts together. More patience please!

3 Likes

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
drlateef how market?

I been tell you say Fulani don cast tey tey, you dey confirm am?
Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by madridsta007(m): 1:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
kayjay69:

We are clearly a people who have learned nothing from the lessons offered from our history which is why we are on a firm path to repeating history. It is sad but these are the truths, I do not look to any one of the above category of leaders for support or leadership. It is high time Yorubas start to fortify and arm themselves, this is not a war that will be won overnight. We must be resolute and strong if we are to achieve permanent solutions.

This is very instructive.
The Seriki Fulani will come back to that town. Most certainly. He will use this time in exile to plan with Fulanis in government, in the army, etc, and he will come back with soldiers. The Fulani man is a marauding fellow and loves power as much as he loves his cows. If you think they will give up after RULING a Yoruba town in Yoruba heartland for 20+ years then you are joking. They will come back and violently take over that town.
Secondly, expect them to either kill Sunday Igboho or tell Tinubu that his political pact with them is over if he doesnt rein him in. The Fulani man is actually a coward. They cannot meet you in a prepared battle, but are masters at stealth warfare. Hence, they attack at night, attack when the town is at peace, etc.
If Yorubas do not want to be colonised, the first thing to do is to protect Sunday Igboho. Fulanis know how to identify a target leader and boom! They take him out.
But I do not believe the Yoruba man can hold on for too long. Your political leaders, traditional leaders will sell you out; the Army will come and take out Sunday Igboho like they did to that Tiv man.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Naughtysex: 1:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
waleademolaa:

Very shameful to say the least. I'm so ashamed to be a yoruba
although i am an igbo man but you don't need to be ashame my brother, that the king chooses to be a coward doesn't mean all Yoruba are cowards
I grew up in Yoruba land so i know many brave Yorubas

2 Likes

Re: We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow by Gbagura: 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
madukaanaya:
afonja and cowardice
Remind me the name of that man who wore mini skirt and blouse to jaapa after leading 3m of his people to their untimely death?

Remind me the name of another fugitive scammer in London, sending gullible potors to their death.

If those aren't cowardice, you need a refund from your school.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke Sworn-in As 6th Elected Osun Governor / Edo 2020: Atiku Knocks Buhari Over Police Siege On Wike / 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.