Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Gurus In The House, I Need Your Attention Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gurus In The House, I Need Your Attention Please (567 Views)

Pls Gurus In The House Between E300 And C300....... / Pls Gurus In The House Help Me To Solve This Puzzle! / Attention Please! Attention!! Attention!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gurus In The House, I Need Your Attention Please by Saao(m): 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2021
Hi gurus,
Please I need your help.
I used santa fe 2008 but of recent I discovered before the car move, I have to press the throttle very well to the point that it will touch the foot mat.
Secondly If I'm on traffic and I stopped, holding on to the break without putting it on park, one funny noise alway coming up like kpu kpu kpu.

I explained these to my mechanic but he seems not to understand, what should I do or whats really wrong with the car?
Thanks in advance
Re: Gurus In The House, I Need Your Attention Please by Billiebaba(m): 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2021
Bro, get your car scanned, it probably needs tune up.
Re: Gurus In The House, I Need Your Attention Please by Saao(m): 4:14am On Jan 30, 2021
Billiebaba:
OK then, thanks
Re: Gurus In The House, I Need Your Attention Please by Lexusgs430: 6:24am On Jan 30, 2021
Saao:
Hi gurus,
Please I need your help.
I used santa fe 2008 but of recent I discovered before the car move, I have to press the throttle very well to the point that it will touch the foot mat.
Secondly If I'm on traffic and I stopped, holding on to the break without putting it on park, one funny noise alway coming up like kpu kpu kpu.

I explained these to my mechanic but he seems not to understand, what should I do or whats really wrong with the car?
Thanks in advance

Are you sure either you, or your passengers, did not consume excessive quantities of akpu...........

Why not also get your mechanic, do a test drive...... So he can see and feel the faults (ensure he also, never chop akpu)...... grin

1 Like

Re: Gurus In The House, I Need Your Attention Please by Saao(m): 6:33am On Jan 30, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Are you sure either you, or your passengers, did not consume excessive quantities of akpu...........

Why not also get your mechanic, do a test drive...... So he can see and feel the faults (ensure he also, never chop akpu)...... grin
lol, he did but I wonder why he didn't discover it, but will scan it this morning
Re: Gurus In The House, I Need Your Attention Please by Lexusgs430: 6:40am On Jan 30, 2021
Saao:
lol, he did but I wonder why he didn't discover it, but will scan it this morning

When you are in traffic, always try not to hold unto the brake, whilst transmission is in D........

Your brakes would heat up unnecessarily, warping your disc, wearing out your transmission etc etc ..........

I know the temptation not to allow another driver infront of you is part of the reason, but so long as the person no fold the road infront, let them go........ wink
Re: Gurus In The House, I Need Your Attention Please by Saao(m): 6:44am On Jan 30, 2021
Lexusgs430:

When you are in traffic, always try not to hold unto the brake, whilst transmission is in D........

Your brakes would heat up unnecessarily, warping your disc, wearing out your transmission etc etc ..........

I know the temptation not to allow another driver infront of you is part of the reason, but so long as the person no fold the road infront, let them be......... wink
thanks so much, never thought of this, Lagos traffic made me to be guilty of the above. I appreciate
Re: Gurus In The House, I Need Your Attention Please by TANID(m): 7:33am On Jan 30, 2021
Go for Scan sir
Re: Gurus In The House, I Need Your Attention Please by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:00am On Jan 30, 2021
Billiebaba:
It's funny how people always shout get your car scanned here. Forgetting that it's not all issues that can be detected by scanners and not all scanners can detect all issues!
If you want to buy a scanner that will detect almost all issues in cars, you will be ready to cough out nothing less than 600k (at least cuz I've seen 2million naira scanner before) and most of our mechanics and rewires don't have that kind of money so they resolve to buying the low budget ones that won't even detect most of the issues that most cars have.
You see that expensive scanner I mentioned up there? I can count the number of mechanics that have them in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Gurus In The House, I Need Your Attention Please by Billiebaba(m): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

It's funny how people always shout get your car scanned here. Forgetting that it's not all issues that can be detected by scanners and not all scanners can detect all issues!
If you want to buy a scanner that will detect almost all issues in cars, you will be ready to cough out nothing less than 600k (at least cuz I've seen 2million naira scanner before) and most of our mechanics and rewires don't have that kind of money so they resolve to buying the low budget ones that won't even detect most of the issues that most cars have.
You see that expensive scanner I mentioned up there? I can count the number of mechanics that have them in Nigeria.
So, let me ask what do you suggest he does first To throw parts until he solves the problem

(1) (Reply)

10 Effective Ways To Keep Your Car In Upper-most Condition / The All New Toyota Mirai 2021 (hydrogen Powered ) / Toyota Spider Hybrid: Need For Urgent Guidance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.