Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Why I’m Supporting Judiciary With Cars, Others –Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’m Supporting Judiciary With Cars, Others –Wike (393 Views)

NJC, Judges, Tribunal - APC Bribing The Judiciary With N35bn. / Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N9.06bn On Food, Travel, Cars, Others / 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’m Supporting Judiciary With Cars, Others –Wike by Weneda(m): 6:56am On Jan 30, 2021
Dennis Naku , Port Harcourt
Rivers State Governor , Nyesom Wike , has declared that his administration will not be distracted from contributing its quota to a seamless administration of justice both at the state and national levels.
Wike spoke while performing the formal opening of a legal firm ; L . A . Mitee and Company ( Inata Chambers ) , in Port Harcourt , on Friday .
The governor in a statement issued in Port Harcourt by his media aide , Kelvin Ebiris , stated that the legal profession was part of the problem stalling the process of justice administration in the country because of the activities of some misinformed lawyers .
He said, “ These misinformed lawyers politicise issues of justice administration and sometimes resort to legal battles without a clear understanding of the position of the law on such matters . ”
Wike disclosed that an ‘ill -informed ’ lawyer who did not have a grasp of how budgets function and what the role of government is in creating a conducive environment for administration of justice , had dragged the state government to court over its support for the judiciary.
“ Just this morning , the Attorney -General and Commissioner for Justice came to me that one lawyer in Port Harcourt went to court against the state government . He said we have no business in building houses for judges , we have no business providing cars for judges .
“ He said we have no business in building courts for federal institutions and that I have no right to even contribute to the structures in the Nigeria Law School.
“ What will be our contribution to the administration of justice when the structures are dilapidated? That lawyer is saying that what we are doing is not budgeted for . Everybody parades themselves as if they know the law even when they don’ t know the law .
Earlier , the principal partner of L. A . Mitee and Co ., Mr Ledum Mitee said the law firm in Port Harcourt would be a highly competitive legal chamber that would serve as a mentoring hub for junior lawyers and for legal advocacy .
The President of the Port Harcourt branch of the Nigeria Bar Association , Prince Nyekwere , urged Wike not to be weary in his support for the judiciary , which he said had enhanced the process of administration of justice in the country , even as he lauded Mitee for giving back to the society .
https://punchng.com/why-im-supporting-judiciary-with-cars-others-wike/
Re: Why I’m Supporting Judiciary With Cars, Others –Wike by osamz007: 7:15am On Jan 30, 2021
2023 PREPARATIONS

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Supporting Judiciary With Cars, Others –Wike by helinues: 7:16am On Jan 30, 2021
May be Wike has pending court case
Re: Why I’m Supporting Judiciary With Cars, Others –Wike by osamz007: 7:17am On Jan 30, 2021
helinues:
May be Wike has pending court case

Just like buhari
Re: Why I’m Supporting Judiciary With Cars, Others –Wike by Sammy07: 7:18am On Jan 30, 2021
Don't the judiciary earn salary to buy cars undecided
Re: Why I’m Supporting Judiciary With Cars, Others –Wike by Queenlovely(f): 7:27am On Jan 30, 2021
dictators don't explain
Re: Why I’m Supporting Judiciary With Cars, Others –Wike by yinkus6750(m): 7:55am On Jan 30, 2021
Hmmmmmm
An independent arm of government, been sustained by another arm?
Don't they have budgets?
Or is it cos Madam is involved and you are part of the legal constituency?
The development is not a good one, cos he who plays the piper dictates the tune.
Re: Why I’m Supporting Judiciary With Cars, Others –Wike by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 30, 2021
So if you divert the peoples not enough budget to the judiciary to buy cars which has an already approved budget, what then substitutes for the peoples reduced budget?

Just say you are greasing palms while making in-roads into a future ambition.

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Supporting Judiciary With Cars, Others –Wike by mosdii(m): 9:16am On Jan 30, 2021
You are a solicitor and your wife is a justice.
Re: Why I’m Supporting Judiciary With Cars, Others –Wike by ActsmartPrtners: 12:59pm On Jan 30, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Is Guilty Of Aiding Killer Fulani Herdsmen To Commit Crimes / Please "Nigerian Activists" Stop Saying You Are Fighting For Nigerians / Buhari Vs Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.