Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

How To Stop Procrastination And Increase Productivity - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Stop Procrastination And Increase Productivity (254 Views)

How To Upscale Video And Increase Video Resolution To Higher Degree? / My Parents Made me to Stop Drawing For A While- Eli Waduba Yusuf / Get The Most Affordable Website At This Ember Period And Increase Your Profit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Procrastination And Increase Productivity by Alhadady: 10:25pm On Jan 30, 2021
*How To Stop Procrastination And Increase Productivity*

I have always claim to be a busy guy. Truly I am always busy doing one or two things,

but I was surprised when I found out that I was just busy but not really productive.

There are differences between being busy and being productive.

I'm busy doing things that aren't needed or what do not matter to my life right now .

while procrastinating on things I was meant to be doing and things that can
transform my life positively.

I realized how I have wasted my own time and how many times I've abused my life.

I've heard that when purpose of life isn't discovered, abnormal use is inevitable.

I knew the purpose of my life and it has been established but procrastination forced me to abnormally manage my time.

Below are few things you might be procrastinating on
1. Writing a content
2. Calling family and friends to see how they are doing.
3. Answering your e-mails.
4. Starting hobby you always wanted to try.
5. Branding your business
6. Reading
7. Starting your business

There are just too numerous things to procrastinate on. If you don’t fight procrastination and put its back on the ground now, it will later be the reason
your back is on the ground (read that again).

I want to hit you with the truth as much as I can.

Procrastination is a negative addiction and every negative addiction is a disease.

As with most habits , it is possible to overcome procrastination. Follow the steps below to help you to deal with and prevent procrastination:

Step 1: Recognize That You're Procrastinating:

You might be putting off a task because you've had to re-prioritize your workload.

If you're briefly delaying an important task for a genuinely good reason, then you aren't necessarily procrastinating. However, if you start to put things off indefinitely, or switch focus because you want to avoid doing something, then you probably are.

STEP 2: WORK OUT WHY YOU'RE PROCRASTINATING

You need to understand the reasons why you are procrastinating before you can begin to tackle it.

For instance, are you avoiding a particular task because you find it boring or unpleasant?

If so, take steps to get it out of the way quickly, so that you can focus on the aspects of your job that you find more enjoyable

STEP 3: ADOPT ANTI-PROCRASTINATION STRATEGIES

Procrastination is a habit – a deeply ingrained pattern of behavior.

This means that you probably can't break it overnight. Habits only stop being habits when you avoid practicing them,

so try as many of the strategies, below, as possible to give yourself the best possible chance of succeeding.

--- FORGIVE YOURSELF FOR PROCRASTINATING IN THE PAST:

Studies show that self-forgiveness can help you to feel more positive about yourself and reduce the likelihood of procrastination in the future.

--- Commit To The Task.

Focus on doing, not avoiding. Write down the tasks that you need to complete, and specify a time for doing them.

This will help you to proactively tackle your work.

--- PROMISE YOURSELF A REWARD:

If you complete a difficult task on time, reward yourself with a treat, such as a slice of cake, Item 7, Shawarma, or a coffee from your favorite coffee shop.

And make sure you notice how good it feels to finish things!

--- ASK SOMEONE TO CHECK UP ON YOU: PEER PRESSURE WORKS!

This is the principle behind self-help groups.

If you don't have anyone to ask, an online tool such as Procraster can help you to self-monitor.

--- Act As You Go. Tackle tasks as soon as they arise, rather than letting them build up over another day.

---- REPHRASE YOUR INTERNAL DIALOG. The phrases "need to" and "have to," for example, imply that you have no choice in what you do.

This can make you feel disempowered and might even result in self-sabotage . However, saying, "I choose to," implies that you own a project, and can make you feel more in control of your workload.

--- MINIMIZE DISTRACTIONS . Turn off your email and social media, and avoid sitting anywhere near a television while you work!..

---- AIM TO "EAT AN ELEPHANT BEETLE": first thing, every day! Get those tasks that you find least pleasant out of the way early.

This will give you the rest of the day to concentrate on work that you find more enjoyable.

*Is This Post Meaningful?*

Connect with me and Share me your experience

https:///39nbVCQ
Abdulwahab (Al-hadady)
*The Value Smith*

(1) (Reply)

Good Ebook Cover Designers Needed. / Let's Spice Your Biz With These .... / Graphics Design: LOGO And 3D LOGO, Cartoon, Art Cover, And So On For Affordable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.