Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Which One Is Better For Uber - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which One Is Better For Uber (8195 Views)

Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? / 22 Essential Tips For Uber, Oga-taxi & Taxify Drivers / Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Is Better For Uber by Olmat(m): 3:59am On Jan 31, 2021
Good day my Honorables.

Please I need your advice on which car to buy for e-hailing business. I'm having options of toyota corolla 2003 - 2005 model or Honda Civic 2005 - 2008 Model, though I'm tilting towards Honda Civic 07/08 model. Please which should I choose?, I don't Wana make mistakes.
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by Abboki: 4:21am On Jan 31, 2021
grin
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by Realteeyee123(m): 7:53am On Jan 31, 2021
Olmat:
Good day my Honorables.

Please I need your advice on which car to buy for e-hailing business. I'm having options of toyota corolla 2003 - 2005 model or Honda Civic 2005 - 2008 Model, though I'm tilting towards Honda Civic 07/08 model. Please which should I choose?, I don't Wana make mistakes.

I drive a Honda Civic 06/07 very durable but would advise you go for the Corolla it's more rugged , and that particular corolla nickname is called Uber corolla and you want to use it for Uber , perfect match , they don't call civic Uber civic lol

3 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by nurey(m): 6:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
Olmat:
Good day my Honorables.

Corolla makes you vulnerable to attack buy a civic which is also fuel efficient and rugged like Corolla.

17 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by promotervickky(m): 8:56pm On Jan 31, 2021
Install a Tracker on the 2005 Corolla and you are good to go

5 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by legalwealth(m): 6:29am On Feb 01, 2021
Olmat:
Good day my Honorables.

Go for Honda civic 2005 and thank me later; forget about the hyped Toyota corolla.

#IJAMAutos #AutosandCartalk

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by yungdoc12(m): 11:13am On Feb 01, 2021
Olmat:
Good day my Honorables.

buy Camry hybrid for that business....
it's fuel efficient
hardly get spoiled
low emission control
and thank me later
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by Olmat(m): 8:26am On Mar 02, 2021
yungdoc12:

buy Camry hybrid for that business....
it's fuel efficient
hardly get spoiled
low emission control
and thank me later

Thank for your response, but I also learnt camry hybrid battery do pack up, and we don't have good mechanic who are well knowledgeable with it yet. Getting another battery is very expensive. Please can u throw more light into it.
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by BamBamK: 11:41am On Mar 02, 2021
Gazzuzz

Olmat:

Thank for your response, but I also learnt camry hybrid battery do pack up, and we don't have good mechanic who are well knowledgeable with it yet. Getting another battery is very expensive. Please can u throw more light into it.
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:47pm On Mar 02, 2021
Olmat:

You have to read study and understand by your self.

If you like the principle , then search for a good technician who fixes that brand (they are expensive) buy a good one and you will be fine
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by olumzzz(m): 5:54pm On Mar 02, 2021
promotervickky:
Install a Tracker on the 2005 Corolla and you are good to go
Wrong advice. Insure comprehensively instead.

5 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by MOTIONTECH(m): 11:51pm On Mar 03, 2021
if you dont mind another brand go for peugeot 307
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by loba18: 12:25am On Mar 04, 2021
Olmat:
Good day my Honorables.

Put your 2.5m in the bank, fill a standby order of 100k per month and enjoy your 2.5m for 2years and 1 month without stress instead of spending the 2.5m on a corolla for uber. Before the end of the 2years you may lose the engine and/or gear of the corolla plus other repairs. So when do you want to start making profit? The 3rd year??Please think of other business or buy a cheaper car 700k to 1m. The idea is to reduce your risk.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by Kewtt: 6:51am On Mar 04, 2021
loba18:

Put your 2.5m in the bank, fill a standby order of 100k per month and enjoy your 2.5m for 2years and 1 month without stress instead of spending the 2.5m on a corolla for uber. Before the end of the 2years you may lose the engine and/or gear of the corolla plus other repairs. So when do you want to start making profit? The 3rd year??Please think of other business or buy a cheaper car 700k to 1m. The idea is to reduce your risk.
Not true if he's driving the Uber himself

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by lakesidepapa(m): 12:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
loba18:

Will the 2.5M be in intact? during and after the 2yrs tenure.. I am very much interested in this..
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by loba18: 4:09pm On Mar 04, 2021
lakesidepapa:

Will the 2.5M be in intact? during and after the 2yrs tenure.. I am very much interested in this..

The 2.5m and the corolla won't be intact after 2years, (they might have robbed him of the corolla). But his health will be intact

2 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by loba18: 4:11pm On Mar 04, 2021
Kewtt:

Explain
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by lakesidepapa(m): 4:21pm On Mar 04, 2021
loba18:

The 2.5m and the corolla won't be intact after 2years, (they might have robbed him of the corolla). But his health will be intact

It doesn't make sense then.. I am not taking about the uber.
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by Midoda: 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2021
legalwealth:

Go for Honda civic 2005 and thank me later; forget about the hyped Toyota corolla.

I concur

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by Corona22: 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2021
Pleas what’s this all about
loba18:

Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by och12(m): 10:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
Olmat:
Good day my Honorables.

From my personal research, I'll advise you go for the CIVIC for peace of mind.
A Corrolla can cause high BP, due to its vulnerability to vandalisation/ theft, except you can afford a comprehensive insurance policy for it.

Please let's know your final decision grin
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by providencia(m): 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kewtt:

Will he determine the fare by '' himself '' ?
I wonder why people go into business they have no say. You dont fix price of fuel, parts, cost of repair and fare and you think such business is ideal. Thats slavery. Even uber never buy their own cars.
Uber is for car owners who are gainfully employ and do it part time. Reason behind " setting of destination''

2 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by molybdenum0012: 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
I am getting Toyota corolla, 2004 model for 2.250 tomorrow.. Someone said 2004 model no longer accepted for Uber.. Can someone confirm that for me?
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by praisecity(m): 8:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
loba18:

If he is d one driving the car by himself, he will make back the money in less than a year.
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by ejodachi: 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2021
Realteeyee123:

I drive a Honda Civic 06/07 very durable but would advise you go for the Corolla it's more rugged , and that particular corolla nickname is called Uber corolla and you want to use it for Uber , perfect match , they don't call civic Uber civic lol

Oga, what is the peculiar problem to honda civic
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by drmikeadams(m): 11:51pm On Mar 15, 2021
molybdenum0012:
I am getting Toyota corolla, 2004 model for 2.250 tomorrow.. Someone said 2004 model no longer accepted for Uber.. Can someone confirm that for me?

There re Betta cars, , corrolla wahala no worth am ooo
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by molybdenum0012: 4:25am On Mar 16, 2021
drmikeadams:

There re Betta cars, , corrolla wahala no worth am ooo

Which better car? How about camry big daddy 2005?
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by drmikeadams(m): 8:41am On Mar 16, 2021
molybdenum0012:

Which better car? How about camry big daddy 2005?
.....honda civic,matrix,Pontiac Vibe,kia,..but then if u have made up ur mind for corrolla,,PS do comprehensive insurance and Get a tracker too.
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by och12(m): 10:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
ejodachi:

Oga, what is the peculiar problem to honda civic

Please we would appreciate if you could tell us about any peculiar problems with Honda Civic that we should know of.

Realteeyee123
Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by Gadgetmobil(m): 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2021
The fly that doesn't listen to counsel, would follow the corpse to grave.

You can buy any car of taste for yourself.

But for Uber and Bolt, my brother, listen to earlier advise.
Dont exceed 700k
Your best bet is Honda Civic, City 05-06

Toyota Echo, Yaria, Corolla Bank Type

Golf 05

Vibe

Bolt would accept Nissan Almera 03

Why am I saying this.

You don't want to buy a ₦2.5M Car for a trip of ₦300(Passenger has a ₦200 discount, thus pays ₦300)

You need to ask drivers first how profitable it is.

So the cheaper your Car the better, Just ensure its sound and clean so you can get offline trips.

Its a commercial vehicle not show off.

Also Bolt would pay the guy driving a ₦5M Car and the one driving a 500k Car same amount for same distance.

Nwanne Malife

och12:

Please we would appreciate if you could tell us about any peculiar problems with Honda Civic that we should know of.

Realteeyee123

12 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by drmikeadams(m): 1:40am On Mar 19, 2021
Gadgetmobil:
The fly that doesn't listen to counsel, would follow the corpse to grave.

You can buy any car of taste for yourself.

But for Uber and Bolt, my brother, listen to earlier advise.
Dont exceed 700k
Your best bet is Honda Civic, City 05-06

Toyota Echo, Yaria, Corolla Bank Type

Golf 05

Vibe

Bolt would accept Nissan Almera 03

Why am I saying this.

You don't want to buy a ₦2.5M Car for a trip of ₦300(Passenger has a ₦200 discount, thus pays ₦300)

You need to ask drivers first how profitable it is.

So the cheaper your Car the better, Just ensure its sound and clean so you can get offline trips.

Its a commercial vehicle not show off.

Also Bolt would pay the guy driving a ₦5M Car and the one driving a 500k Car same amount for same distance.

Nwanne Malife

....nnam iwu daaaachi....u have said it all.

4 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better For Uber by Mboi: 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
legalwealth:

This Honda Civic 2006-2010, whats the difference between the two? I heard that the blue on is European spec and it's problematic and expensive to maintain.
Is that true?

(1) (2) (Reply)

HOW GOOD IS LEXUS ES300? / Toyota Corolla "Leg Pull" / Toyota Corolla Vs Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.