Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,025 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime (6227 Views)

President Buhari Sacks Saleh Mamman and Sabo Nanono As Ministers / Sabo Nanono Marries 18-Year-Old Rakiya In Secret Wedding (Photo) / ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime by toprealman: 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
Looking at his profile, I don't expect him to do any better than try to justify the reason why a government blessed with massive resources will fail woefully in every single imaginable KPI.
What innovation can this one bring to the all important Agric sector?
His name bears a no and another no, don't forget.
Re: Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2021
OdogwuBlog:
grin

This one na for Nigeria NAHHH !!!!

One boy dey complain give me say ....

80% Of Girls weah dey talk say "Baby Off Light" --- Get Rashes and Craw Craw For Nyash ...

I Think say na Joke .... i was shocked when i insisted on living the light On Last Night !!!

This Babe No Agree Take Off Her Cloth !!!

Boys Open Your Yes oooo

Men and sex. Hmmmm......how does this relate to the topic
Re: Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
The textile industry collapsed as a result of wicked government policies, lack of electricity and what have you. The bulk of the blame rests on the government, do things right and watch as many sectors of the economy will pick up fast

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime by Blakpot: 1:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
145 textile companies collapsed? �
What was the cause?
Re: Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime by 1kingwriter: 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2021
Can the cotton farm come back?
Yes.
Then the textile industries will be restored.

If 70% of textile materials imported are produced in Nigeria, unemployment will nosedive.
Re: Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime by meobizy(f): 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2021
Fix it then. The incapable think of a million and one excuses. Those ready to work go in balls deep.
Re: Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime by Gerrard59(m): 2:58pm On Jan 31, 2021
AreaFada2:

Truth be told Nigerian population in 1960 was 45 million. Now 200 million.

People were mostly rural and farmed all kinds of crops. Rice, cocoa, rubber, ground nuts, yam, oil palm, cotton, sorghum, maize, beans, sugar cane, cassava, etc. Most are now educated to secondary level, more live in cities, believe they deserve all the modern things of life in the city.
Farming has not been encouraged or made attractive to young people.

Cocoa, cashew and fruit trees can still create lots of employment.

Actually, after 2015 and with the present administration's agric policies, some youths got involved in farming. But what did they get? Herdsmen crises and a closed border. One can manage with the latter but the former is extremely discouraging and scares others from going into it.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime by poiZon: 3:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
Vardanes2:
Minister is kind of right

Dependency on oil means more importation which means that local textile industries can't compete with imported anf smuggled textiles which means the local textile industries collapse

Which means many cotton farmers go out of business which means more idle hands

Which means more conflict.

Oil is a curse
Don't allow uae n Russia hear u
Re: Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 31, 2021
poiZon:

Don't allow uae n Russia hear u

They better, especially Russia...who has no business being oil dependent, with their strong enginerring base.
Re: Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime by AreaFada2: 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
Gerrard59:

Actually, after 2015 and with the present administration's agric policies, some youths got involved in farming. But what did they get? Herdsmen crises and a closed border. One can manage with the latter but the former is extremely discouraging and scares others from going into it.
I went into farming during GEJ time like many people I know. Many Began poultry, fishery or piggery around 2011. By 2015, economy had got so bad, feed too expensive and purchasing Power too low that many of us packed up. Herdsmen stopped us from cassava and plantain farms by 2017.
I cannot understand how Buhari encouraged farming. Go to my topics and you will see when I created the topics. about piggery and palm oil just in case you doubt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dont Zone The Position Of Speaker To The SW : ACN Caucus. / No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram / Dangote Overtakes Bill Gates In Daily Earnings In First Quarter Of 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.