Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,210 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike (2230 Views)

Tinubu’s 2children With $2M Condo In Obodo Oyibo. / Ipob Members Commissions dilapidated Obodo Ukwu Road In Onitsha (photos) / Nigerian, Augustine Obodo Leads Pro-trump Protest In London - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Elijahnonso1(m): 11:41am On Jan 31, 2021
Know More About Chief Nwiboko Obodo

Chief Nwiboko Obodo was born at Idebya Iseke around 1905 as son of Chief Onwe Ali Obu Ali, whose grandfather came from Izah Mgbo, and his wife Iboko Una Onwe. As he was born on Iboko day, he was called Nwiboko Onwe. He grew with his uncle Obodo Onyike, a very wealthy man.

His father died in 1925 when he returned from settling a boundary dispute. Nwiboko then went to live in his father's compound in order to inherit his chieftaincy. It seemed he had good relationship with the British and soon he was made Paramount Chief. He was a good Chief, who first laboured and made his position strong.

He sent gifts to his surrounding villages. Anmegu receives cow as the village of his parents. He did well to obtain good image. In 1928 he was sent on a journey to the west to investigate other provinces, which were already paying tax. Among other places he visited were agbor, Benin, Ife, Ibadan and Oyo. By these he learnt much about the British Administration.

In Abakaliki, there have never been big problems about taxation. His power exercise especially through the native court of Nkwegu. In the court where his word is final. Of course they were many of other warrant Chiefs like Chief Idike, Okenwealgu from Ndubya Igbegu, Nwiboko Udede, Idenyi Nwonu and Mgbada Ochinta. Any government official who came to work at Abakaliki had to pay him a courtesy visit to avoid problem.

He established a "Police" Service, the Odozi Obodo Society. This was functioning in the other communities as well. They were to arrest ams punish anybody who stole or committed a serious criminal act.

Chief was very hospitable. He would never leave guests unfed. A group of dancers were always in his compound to entertain his guests. He used to do well to those who supported him. He rendered financial help to many young men who had reached the ages of marriage.

He was very rich, he farmed a large farm areas. Villagers and Iseke were persuaded to work for him. He owned about 4000 cows. Of course this was a curse for the surrounding farmers, but they were afraid to complain. Some have moved to another area because of his cows, which used to finish their crops. He owned 5 Cars, one for his private use and 4 commercial Vehicles. He also owned many canoes on the Ebonyi which passed people over the river for money. He also had many wives up to 28 of them. He built hundred of houses. He did not know even his family members. It happened that he wanted to marry a beautiful, but before the court the girl appeared to be one of his daughters.

He owned some banks in Abakaliki and also opened a bank in his compound. When a poor man visit him, he sometimes ask him to take as much money out of the bank as his hand could hold; because of his generosity, he was called "Nna" he sometimes paid the tax of a whole community out of pity; though later on, he will levy them for it.

He fearlessly went along with the whites. He made them enjoy his love and friendship. He was a middle man between the British and his people. He also helped the missionaries tremendously at Abakaliki and supported their schools. He established St. Nathy Catholic School at Iseke and the first secondary school in Izhi, the Izhi High School Iseke and 6 other schools in Izhi land. He gave land for Mile Four Hospital and Leprosy settlement.

He stimulated his people to be educated. He strongly opposed the influence of the Igbos in Abakaliki and did not allow any Igbo to get a certificate of occupancy over any piece of land in Abakaliki. He was real patriot. He did much good for Abakaliki, but he also has his shortcomings.

He hatred opposition and stifled it wherever he could. He presented himself as god. He used to boast; "Owaa Igwe, Owaa Ali, Owaa mueda bu Nwiboko Obodo; Ono ganyi haa nwere Uwa" (this is heaven, this is earth and this is me Nwiboko Obodo, three of them owned the world. He was taken as a god and nobody dared to speak against him.

Jealousy and opposition were underneath however, several people missed in Idebya Iseke when the activities of the Odozi Obodo society went out of control. They sometimes acted against their personal enemies. The chief tried to curtail them, knowing that he would be blamed for those excesses, but to no avail. They even once threatened to take his life.

His downfall came in 1957............to be continued.

Times source...

In the vast British tropical colony of Nigeria, the back-country people of the Eastern Region have long been a troublesome lot to officialdom. Mostly half-naked farmers, they take unusual delight in staging bloody campaigns against vaccinations, and in setting schools on fire. Each time the police must come in to restore order. But of all the assignments that the police have undertaken, none has produced such eerie results as the search of the house of Chief Nwiboko Obodo.
For months reports had poured in of a high homicide rate around the tiny town of Abakaliki, about 50 miles from the Eastern Region capital of Enugu. Men would go to their farms of a morning and simply disappear; women went to market and never came home. Police found evidence that since 1954 there had been more than 100 murders in Abakaliki. But it was not until they raided Chief Obodo’s house that they found the reason why.
Inside, they discovered rope, leg irons, and swords, as well as an assortment of juju charms bearing the warning that all men and women in the 14 villages around “must respect me and do whatever I say.” It soon turned out that the chief was a member of a secret cult that inappropriately bears the name of Odozi Obodo, the “Committee of the Peacemakers.”
The most powerful arm of the society was a sort of Murder Inc. squad called Exepute, meaning “the Chief says . ..” It was the Exepute that carried out the grisly justice of the society against anyone who balked at paying the “taxes” the chiefs whimsically imposed, or against those whom the chiefs merely disliked. For the chiefs, murder was also a lucrative business: by tradition, they inherit “all property of the dead, including wives and children.
Last week, while Chief Obodo languished in jail and his British counsel, Dingle Foot (brother of Cyprus Governor Sir Hugh Foot), prepared his defense, one of his sidekicks, Chief Idaka Igboji, faced trial for murder, along with ten accomplices. A steady stream of witnesses —those who dared talk—told tales of death by drowning or burying alive. Finally there unrolled the story of the specific murder in question—that of a farmer named Nwakriko Abam. Abam, according to prosecution testimony, had been invited around for drinks by some of the chief’s men. Suddenly his hosts seized him and slowly strangled him with a chain. His body was then brought before Chief Igboji, dismembered, tied to the victim’s own bicycle, and flung into the river. Abam’s crime: he had had the temerity to campaign against the chief in the last local parliamentary election.

Source Time.

1 Like

Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 31, 2021
Elijahnonso1:
Know More About Chief Nwiboko Obodo

Chief Nwiboko Obodo was born at Idebya Iseke around 1905 as son of Chief Onwe Ali Obu Ali, whose grandfather came from Izah Mgbo, and his wife Iboko Una Onwe. As he was born on Iboko day, he was called Nwiboko Onwe. He grew with his uncle Obodo Onyike, a very wealthy man.

His father died in 1925 when he returned from settling a boundary dispute. Nwiboko then went to live in his father's compound in order to inherit his chieftaincy. It seemed he had good relationship with the British and soon he was made Paramount Chief. He was a good Chief, who first laboured and made his position strong.

He sent gifts to his surrounding villages. Anmegu receives cow as the village of his parents. He did well to obtain good image. In 1928 he was sent on a journey to the west to investigate other provinces, which were already paying tax. Among other places he visited were agbor, Benin, Ife, Ibadan and Oyo. By these he learnt much about the British Administration.

In Abakaliki, there have never been big problems about taxation. His power exercise especially through the native court of Nkwegu. In the court where his word is final. Of course they were many of other warrant Chiefs like Chief Idike, Okenwealgu from Ndubya Igbegu, Nwiboko Udede, Idenyi Nwonu and Mgbada Ochinta. Any government official who came to work at Abakaliki had to pay him a courtesy visit to avoid problem.

He established a "Police" Service, the Odozi Obodo Society. This was functioning in the other communities as well. They were to arrest ams punish anybody who stole or committed a serious criminal act.

Chief was very hospitable. He would never leave guests unfed. A group of dancers were always in his compound to entertain his guests. He used to do well to those who supported him. He rendered financial help to many young men who had reached the ages of marriage.

He was very rich, he farmed a large farm areas. Villagers and Iseke were persuaded to work for him. He owned about 4000 cows. Of course this was a curse for the surrounding farmers, but they were afraid to complain. Some have moved to another area because of his cows, which used to finish their crops. He owned 5 Cars, one for his private use and 4 commercial Vehicles. He also owned many canoes on the Ebonyi which passed people over the river for money. He also had many wives up to 28 of them. He built hundred of houses. He did not know even his family members. It happened that he wanted to marry a beautiful, but before the court the girl appeared to be one of his daughters.

He owned some banks in Abakaliki and also opened a bank in his compound. When a poor man visit him, he sometimes ask him to take as much money out of the bank as his hand could hold; because of his generosity, he was called "Nna" he sometimes paid the tax of a whole community out of pity; though later on, he will levy them for it.

He fearlessly went along with the whites. He made them enjoy his love and friendship. He was a middle man between the British and his people. He also helped the missionaries tremendously at Abakaliki and supported their schools. He established St. Nathy Catholic School at Iseke and the first secondary school in Izhi, the Izhi High School Iseke and 6 other schools in Izhi land. He gave land for Mile Four Hospital and Leprosy settlement.

He stimulated his people to be educated. He strongly opposed the influence of the Igbos in Abakaliki and did not allow any Igbo to get a certificate of occupancy over any piece of land in Abakaliki. He was real patriot. He did much good for Abakaliki, but he also has his shortcomings.

He hatred opposition and stifled it wherever he could. He presented himself as god. He used to boast; "Owaa Igwe, Owaa Ali, Owaa mueda bu Nwiboko Obodo; Ono ganyi haa nwere Uwa" (this is heaven, this is earth and this is me Nwiboko Obodo, three of them owned the world. He was taken as a god and nobody dared to speak against him.

Jealousy and opposition were underneath however, several people missed in Idebya Iseke when the activities of the Odozi Obodo society went out of control. They sometimes acted against their personal enemies. The chief tried to curtail them, knowing that he would be blamed for those excesses, but to no avail. They even once threatened to take his life.

His downfall came in 1957............to be continued

@bolded means Abakiliki people are not Igbos since he resisted Igbos from entering Abakiliki.

So finally I am proved right anyway.
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Ahamefuna0001(m): 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2021
Following
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by gidgiddy: 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

@bolded means Abakiliki people are not Igbos since he resisted Igbos from entering Abakiliki.

It all depends on the way you see it. Nyesom Wike said he is Ikwerre and not Igbo. Three months later, another Ikwerre man from his own local government, Mr Obi Wali, became deputy president of Ohanaeze Ndigbo

3 Likes

Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 31, 2021
gidgiddy:

It all depends on the way you see it. Nyesom Wike said he is Ikwerre and not Igbo. Three months later, another Ikwerre man from his own local government, Mr Obi Wali, became deputy president of Ohanaeze Ndigbo

Not we see but what we read. The essay is there for you to read...

I am not interested in your infatuation and fraternising or should I say boot licking Ikwerre/Anioma 24/7
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Elijahnonso1(m): 1:20pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Let's take you to be correct in your assertion, then tell us the ethnic nationality Abakaliki people belong in the Country.
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
Elijahnonso1:

Let's take you to be correct in your assertion, then tell us the ethnic nationality Abakaliki people belong in the Country.

Oga no be wetin u write that I quoted?

I am not the one that made the statement, you said so yourself and which now validated our earlier submission on Abakiliki not been igbo.

Or where you sleeping when you wrote that line of sentence?
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Akudaisi: 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

no one is actually Igbo,Igbo is just a named coined by the whites to ascertain the numerous communities that speaks what they call Igbo language

1 Like

Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Emperor5(m): 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
I guess he is the thesame nwiboko obodo that my grand father told me about his history.
Indeed he is a great man, a king but not as generous as you portray in your article.
Nwiboko was known for his juju's power, he remain unchallenged both spiritual and physical relms,
White man find it very difficult to concar him during colonial era. he uses humans flesh for sacrifice, he was petition and label as murderer upon killing his 5th wife and place her hand in the front of his shrine as object for wellcoming guests in his deity. It's because of his various atrocities that bring the attention of white man to masterminds him, white men Make several attempt and effort to kill him but he refute as gun couldn't penetrate him. How he was defeated......
Due to lack of technology, he was ignorant about tape recorder, white men did pre-recording of his voice and replay the audio of the record to decieve him that they have charm powerful than his which can talk, nwiboko become interested in the tape not knowing that it's not charm. An agreement was made between white men and nwiboko obodo to exchange his shrine with the tape.
Modified....
Nwiboko obodo became powerless after exchange of his charm to radio tape and got killed by white men, though he didn't die as gun couldn't penetrate him but he was buried alive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Ojiofor: 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Not we see but what we read. The essay is there for you to read...

I am not interested in your infatuation and fraternising or should I say boot licking Ikwerre/Anioma 24/7

The guy's mouth is stucked in Ikwerre/ss anus grin he can't help himself.
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ojiofor:

The guy's mouth is stucked in Ikwerre/ss anus grin he can't help himself.

As in ehhh

He can't help himself even a bit. Only here will I see people interested in others than theiir own.

Making others more popular while his backyard is remote.

I think he should relocate there and lick their boots properly.
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
Akudaisi:
no one is actually Igbo,Igbo is just a named coined by the whites to ascertain the numerous communities that speaks what they call Igbo language

This nonsense u wrote here doesn't make meaning and shows how ignorant u are and won't even save face to wat the boy wrote.

abakilliki or should I say Ebonyi aren't igbos or ndi gboo.

maybe he did copy and paste without reading though he proved us right.

the white man has no link here.
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Ojiofor: 4:02pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

As in ehhh

He can't help himself even a bit. Only here will I see people interested in others than theiir own.

Making others more popular while his backyard is remote.

I think he should relocate there and lick their boots properly.

He is too excited that an Ikwerre man emerged deputy PG of Ohanaeze ndi Igbo.Igbos need psychological rehabilitation.
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ojiofor:

He is too excited that an Ikwerre man emerged deputy PG of Ohanaeze ndi Igbo.Igbos need psychological rehabilitation.

Lol

Very pathetic.....beings.

Total rehabilitation. Out of all the whole elected officials he just rushed here to tell us Ikwerre man is Ohanaeze deputy PG.

Maybe that has brought food to his table.
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Akudaisi: 5:30pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

This nonsense u wrote here doesn't make meaning and shows how ignorant u are and won't even save face to wat the boy wrote.

abakilliki or should I say Ebonyi aren't igbos or ndi gboo.

maybe he did copy and paste without reading though he proved us right.

the white man has no link here.

and you say you have sense,what is Ebonyi state? Ebonyi state that am older than or is there another one, Abakaliki people are of Wawa subgroups, groups like Nsukka,Obolo etc are typical Wawa subgroup,why would I copy and paste anything when am a full breed Igbo, before the white man created the Igbo Indentity for us,we were scattered between clans and subgroups,before the creation of Igbo and states Igbos are classified based on subgroups Which is close dialects,even though am from Ebonyi state my subgroup is Isu because of I speak the Isu version of dialect which is called Ozara,you find Ozara speakers in Abia (Isu ukwu ato)axis,Enugu( Nkanu)axis Ebonyi (Ohaozara) axis, when there was nothing like Ebonyi a Wawa person will introduce himself by saying his tribe,Nsukka,Ezzi etc and I would introduce myself by telling him am an Isu person,thanks to to Igbo iguzube if not i find it very hard to understand any Wawa dialects,even though we are from the same Ebonyi state bring an Ozara speaker from the village and bring a Wawa speaker they would find it very hard understanding each other,now bring any Isu person from,Enugu or Abia and see how they will understand each other based on similar tongue, discriminate Abakaliki people from now till tomorrow they are Igbos and me as an Isu person am proud of Ebonyi state and no Igbos are more Igbo than the Isu subgroup read Igbo history,we are all over all the Igbo states from Ebonyi to Enugu to Abia to Anambra to Delta to Rivers, anytime you see the name,Isu,Nkanu,Uburu/Ubulu,Okposi just know that its Isu subgroup even though our tongues change our surnames can't change that's why in these places you have surnames like Njokuji,Ani and Umuchima because we are all defendants of Chima from Isunjaba that's why all Isu people pay homage to Njaba be guided I have wasted much time educating you free

2 Likes

Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by ThatEnuguboi: 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

This stupid boy from hell aka MelesZenawi abi Juliusmalema aren't you tired of this your who is igbo or not igbo. They was nothing like igbo in the old and even till today onitsha people refers other Easterners as those igbos. Most part of Anambala are igbos. Abakaliki is even a more pure igbo than onitsha which belong to Bini or Aguleri that belongs to igala. Besides I'm from the capital of Igboland, the coal city 042 state, nde mmeme cool
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by ThatEnuguboi: 5:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
Akudaisi:
and you say you have sense,what is Ebonyi state? Ebonyi state that am older than or is there another one, Abakaliki people are of Wawa subgroups, groups like Nsukka,Obolo etc are typical Wawa subgroup,why would I copy and paste anything when am a full breed Igbo, before the white man created the Igbo Indentity for us,we were scattered between clans and subgroups,before the creation of Igbo and states Igbos are classified based on subgroups Which is close dialects,even though am from Ebonyi state my subgroup is Isu because of I speak the Isu version of dialect which is called Ozara,you find Ozara speakers in Abia (Isu ukwu ato)axis,Enugu( Nkanu)axis Ebonyi (Ohaozara) axis, when there was nothing like Ebonyi a Wawa person will introduce himself by saying his tribe,Nsukka,Ezzi etc and I would introduce myself by telling him am an Isu person,thanks to to Igbo iguzube if not i find it very hard understand to understand any Wawa dialects,even though we arr from the same Ebonyi state bring an Ozara speaker from the village and bring a Wawa speaker they would find it very hard understanding each other,now bring any Isu person from,Enugu or Abia and see how they will understand each other based on similar tongue, discriminate Abakaliki people from now till tomorrow they are Igbos and me as an Isu person am proud of Ebonyi state and no Igbos are more Igbo than the Isu subgroup read Igbo history,we are all over all the Igbo states from Ebonyi to Enugu to Abia to Anambra to Delta to Rivers, anytime you see the name,Isu,Nkanu,Uburu/Ubulu,Okposi just know that its Isu subgroup even though our tongues change our surnames can't change that's why in these places you have surnames like Njokuji,Ani and Umuchima because we are all defendants of Chima from Isunjaba that's why all Isu people pay homage to Njaba be guided I have wasted much time educating you free
Leave that Bini boy, he's not igbo. Is not today we started with him. He has refused to grow up always typing like an endless crawling babe. He's so unemployed that he got nothing doing, don't waste time on him

1 Like

Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Akudaisi: 6:08pm On Jan 31, 2021
ThatEnuguboi:

Leave that Bini boy, he's not igbo. Is not today we started with him. He has refused to grow up always typing like an endless crawling babe. He's so unemployed that he got nothing doing, don't waste time on him
lol I can't believe a wasted my time Educating an Edo boy make I knock myself 2 times lol
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by ThatEnuguboi: 6:15pm On Jan 31, 2021
Akudaisi:
lol I can't believe a wasted my time Educating an Edo boy make I knock myself 2 times lol
Yeah, learn to ignore him next time, he's mentally unstable and lives his life here just to talk what he doesn't know
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2021
ThatEnuguboi:

This stupid boy from hell aka MelesZenawi abi Juliusmalema aren't you tired of this your who is igbo or not igbo. They was nothing like igbo in the old and even till today onitsha people refers other Easterners as those igbos. Most part of Anambala are igbos. Abakaliki is even a more pure igbo than onitsha which belong to Bini or Aguleri that belongs to igala. Besides I'm from the capital of Igboland, the coal city 042 state, nde mmeme cool

Bla bla bla and ended up saying nothing. Today I am hearing there is something called capital of Igboland in Nigeria grin

Who crowned ezekudene nke oji eje.

When igbo bu igbo are talking even wawa will rear it's head..Alu.

Meanwhile remain in your capital, while others are also in their capital

case closed.
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2021
Akudaisi:
and you say you have sense,what is Ebonyi state? Ebonyi state that am older than or is there another one, Abakaliki people are of Wawa subgroups, groups like Nsukka,Obolo etc are typical Wawa subgroup,why would I copy and paste anything when am a full breed Igbo, before the white man created the Igbo Indentity for us,we were scattered between clans and subgroups,before the creation of Igbo and states Igbos are classified based on subgroups Which is close dialects,even though am from Ebonyi state my subgroup is Isu because of I speak the Isu version of dialect which is called Ozara,you find Ozara speakers in Abia (Isu ukwu ato)axis,Enugu( Nkanu)axis Ebonyi (Ohaozara) axis, when there was nothing like Ebonyi a Wawa person will introduce himself by saying his tribe,Nsukka,Ezzi etc and I would introduce myself by telling him am an Isu person,thanks to to Igbo iguzube if not i find it very hard to understand any Wawa dialects,even though we are from the same Ebonyi state bring an Ozara speaker from the village and bring a Wawa speaker they would find it very hard understanding each other,now bring any Isu person from,Enugu or Abia and see how they will understand each other based on similar tongue, discriminate Abakaliki people from now till tomorrow they are Igbos and me as an Isu person am proud of Ebonyi state and no Igbos are more Igbo than the Isu subgroup read Igbo history,we are all over all the Igbo states from Ebonyi to Enugu to Abia to Anambra to Delta to Rivers, anytime you see the name,Isu,Nkanu,Uburu/Ubulu,Okposi just know that its Isu subgroup even though our tongues change our surnames can't change that's why in these places you have surnames like Njokuji,Ani and Umuchima because we are all defendants of Chima from Isunjaba that's why all Isu people pay homage to Njaba be guided I have wasted much time educating you free

Trash.

The write up said they refused Igbos entry in Abakiliki.

Read with your brain intact.
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by ThatEnuguboi: 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Bla bla bla and ended up saying nothing. Today I am hearing there is something called capital of Igboland in Nigeria grin

Who crowned ezekudene nke oji eje.

When igbo bu igbo are talking even wawa will rear it's head..Alu.

Meanwhile remain in your capital, while others are also in their capital

case closed.
On a serious note don't you think u need to outgrow this your stupidity, like what do you gain Exposing the great igbo tribe to mockery. I'm starting to believe you were not properly raised in Igboland. Bc no Nwafor will be continously bastardising the tribe like u do. Grow up
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2021
ThatEnuguboi:

Lol

Bla bla bla

You said there is nothing like igbo, good but then allow Igbos to proudly say they have been existing ..

Confused people...Like Ebonyi like Enugu
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
Akudaisi:

You really need to knock yourself for trying to educate ndigbo on their history.

From you are not igbo to igbo..Lol

Thanks to op for the write up.
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by ThatEnuguboi: 6:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Lol

Bla bla bla

You said there is nothing like igbo, good but then allow Igbos to proudly say they have been existing ..

Confused people...Like Ebonyi like Enugu
Wake up, Enugu is the capital of Igboland which have their kits and kindred in Ebonyi.
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by ThatEnuguboi: 6:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You really need to knock yourself for trying to educate ndigbo on their history.

We all know you're edo so stfu
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 31, 2021
ThatEnuguboi:

On a serious note don't you think u need to outgrow this your stupidity, like what do you gain Exposing the great igbo tribe to mockery. I'm starting to believe you were not properly raised in Igboland. Bc no Nwafor will be continously bastardising the tribe like u do. Grow up

Lolzzzzzzzz grin grin grin

See lamentations.
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
ThatEnuguboi:

Wake up, Enugu is the capital of Igboland which have their kits and kindred in Ebonyi.

Lol... Ana akogheri.

Have you ever seen a chameleon boast in midst of frog that he can live in water..grin
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 31, 2021
ThatEnuguboi:

We all know you're edo so stfu

Lol...

That a child is not tall enough to see outside the fence of his father's compound, doesn't mean there are no other compounds aside his father's.. grin.
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Akudaisi: 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Trash.

The write up said they refused Igbos entry in Abakiliki.

Read with your brain intact.
yes I believe the write up is true,the Northern Igbos in present day Ebonyi and the southern Efiks in present day cross River were the last ones to be exposed to the new ideals surrounding them,so am not surprised at this at all, on the other side the Southern part of Ebonyi were more traveled and we'll informed,under Afikpo zone they were deeply involved in politics and Enugu/Abia and Imo, infact the old Afikpo zone stretched to Ebonyi,Abia, Enugu and Imo to show you how big it was, people like Akanu Ibiam,Anyim Pius,Ogbonnaya Onu were very well know and they are from todays Ebonyi,the letter was an Executive Governor when we were still in Abia,so in conclusion Abakaliki people did reject Igbos rightly because the name was alien to them, someone can't just come and call you a foreign name and you start answering,and they are very conservative in nature so am not surprised, anyway Osygie this is the last time am going to mention you about this topic leave Igbo people alone and focus on Edo matter as of now ore is no go area because of herdsmen I think that's a more pressing issue to discuss
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by Akudaisi: 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

you know me na,I have always had it with you back in the days you might not know this ACC but I know you and your cunning ways
Re: Chief Nwiboko Obodo Onyike by ThatEnuguboi: 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Lolzzzzzzzz grin grin grin

See lamentations.
There is no lamentations here, you're just being stupid and I'm trying to cure u. Well a mad man always think dirt is the most comforting place for him to stay, enjoy your dirt

(1) (2) (Reply)

#PantamiWillStay: Northerners Blast Igbos On Twitter (Photos) / BREAKING: Nigerians In Shock As Boko Haram Commanders Surrender - PHOTOS / I Dont Get It, Its As If Tinubu Has The Whole Of Southwest In His Pocket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.