Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Young Nairalander Engr. Uzhodu Michael Offers Scholarship To Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Young Nairalander Engr. Uzhodu Michael Offers Scholarship To Students (272 Views)

Soludo Congratulates Utme-best Candidate, Nkechinyere Umeh, Offers Scholarship / James Hope College Acquires American Intl' School Lagos, Offers Scholarship / ASUU Strike! Lecturer Turns Spiderman To Attend To Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Nairalander Engr. Uzhodu Michael Offers Scholarship To Students by sharpillo(m): 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2021
The Man, Uzodhu Michael
And his uncommon Philanthropy

17th August, 2019 was the D- Day!
I have been contacted by my very good friend Mr. Esedi Joe David to add flavour in the Full Scholarship Award Programme by one Engr. Uzhodu Michael.

With my team ALERT MEDIA and #Communications CEO Madu Dab Madueke vested with the responsibility of the media coverage of the event, we arrived the event venue at Idoke community, Upata Kingdom in Ahoada East Local Government Area, Rivers State for the epoch making event.

I watched with keen interest as men and women of high repute graced the occasion, I saw from technocrats to political class, captains of industries, the clergy, traditional institutions, youth organizations, cultural organizations to mention but a few.

The programme began in earnest and I watched as various items were rolled out, fast forward to when the sponsor and initiator was called to make a speech, I saw the "Man"!

Is this Uzhodu Michael?
I asked in awe!
Oh! Not even a politician but a very simple young man working hard to make ends meet yet he uses his personal fund and scarce resources to sponsor school children in a full funded secondary school education ( Boarding School).

This time I hoped and prayed that we have more of his kind with good gestures for his motherlands, this act he said was to encourage others to do as he acknowledges that all fingers were not equal.

I wished and prayed that we have many more philanthropic personalities to add to what he is already doing.

On 3rd January, 2021, Engr. Uzhodhu Michael called me to join him at De Tropicana Hotels and Gardens Ltd, Ahoada with my newly wedded wife Mrs. Eric Agwenitani Deborah Abbot. I questioned the reason for the invite and he said to me "I am hosting my children, their parents and guardians, the school principal, few teachers and well wishers of the winners of the Scholarship Programme in my Foundation"

Wow! I went to honour my friend and what I saw was massive, I later learnt this has been a yearly celebration carried out by this young man, an event he uses to interact with the children to know their welfare and needs.

Of course they had lots of refreshments and take home gift items. This is just one man out there in our own The Ekpeye Ethnic Nationality who is doing his bits, can I plead that we need more of this kind gesture as education is key?

This is to encourage you Engr. Uzodhu Michael to continue doing good as the world is watching, you too can do your bit in your different endeavour. Tell us we'll tell the world.

Thank you and God bless you!

Re: Young Nairalander Engr. Uzhodu Michael Offers Scholarship To Students by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2021
This is the first bald headed man I'm seeing that's nice,may God reward you abundantly. mosdii the street urchin come and see your mate
Re: Young Nairalander Engr. Uzhodu Michael Offers Scholarship To Students by Mekudi: 11:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
Warrgidanairala:
This is the first bald headed man I'm seeing that's nice,may God reward you abundantly. mosdii the street urchin come and see your mate
Bald headed thing
Re: Young Nairalander Engr. Uzhodu Michael Offers Scholarship To Students by NobleSeed(m): 12:27am On Feb 01, 2021
Are those girls and boys up there nairalanders?
Just curious shal .

(1) (Reply)

The AEIDA Foundation Empowers Students With Laptops / 2020/21 Admissions: JAMB, Institutions Set June 15 Deadline / Please Help! It's Urgent Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.