Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno (12301 Views)

Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Defence Staff General Lucky Irabor / El-Rufai Speaks On The Abduction Of Chibok Schoolgirls Under Jonathan (Throwback / Kidnapped Students: Aisha Yesufu Reminds El-Rufai Of Chibok Girls Tweet At GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Insidenaija: 6:11am On Feb 01, 2021
The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor, has refuted reports that some Chibok girls were rescued during clearance operation in the Northeast.

Irabor denied the claim at an interaction with newsmen during his operational visit to the Theatre Command of Operation Lafiya Dole in Maiduguri on Sunday.

He said Chibok girls were not in the Military’s custody.

“We do not have any of the Chibok girls in our custody, so if they are not with us we have nothing to confirm again.

“It was the desire of the military the get the Chibok girls back safely and if our operations have helped those said to have escaped, I think we are glad,” Irabor added.

The CDS, who was accompanied by the Chief of Army Staff, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru; Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Isiaka Amao, and Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Awwal Gambo, said he was in the Theatre to appraise the security situations and get briefing from the officers on ground.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/no-chibok-girls-in-our-custody-cds/amp/

3 Likes

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Insidenaija: 6:17am On Feb 01, 2021
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by iyanumiv(m): 6:18am On Feb 01, 2021
WHO SHOULD WE NOW BELIEVE?
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Wideoptionss: 6:18am On Feb 01, 2021
Really
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by fitzmayowa: 6:18am On Feb 01, 2021
Well he is nor taking glory for what the military didn't do. Its just a tragedy that after over 6 years we are still yet to get the remaining chibok girls back....

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by 2extremes(m): 6:18am On Feb 01, 2021
Am tired of this country I swear. The country can make you go mad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by fitzmayowa: 6:19am On Feb 01, 2021
Esseite:
They must have learnt that propaganda cant get you anywhere.

Propaganda is what got us where we are today, from claiming BH has been technically defeated. I hope the army is transparent enough this time around. However, Irabor should be careful because too much transparency will earn him enemies in the system, knowing full well that transparency is alien to this government.....

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by inoki247: 6:19am On Feb 01, 2021
General you no hear the gist well no be say dem release the Chibok Woman she run away herself ni to come see her father angry sad sad

1 Like

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Moodle: 6:19am On Feb 01, 2021
Add 7yrs to your age and see the difference.

They are no longer girls

if there was any kidnapping in the first place.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by starbuck(f): 6:19am On Feb 01, 2021
I heard this man only smiles twice in a year

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Omihanifa: 6:20am On Feb 01, 2021
I knew the Nigerian army were lying when they came up with that silly story by saying some of the chibok girls had escaped from sambisa forest and one of the girls even used a soldier's phone to call her dad that they had just escaped and the military is taking them to Maiduguri town.

I just knew they whole thing didn't add up undecided

If truly some of those chibok girls escaped and made it to Maiduguri town, the kind of publicity the state government and Federal government will give them will be higher than those Kankara boys. It would be televised live and even international media outlets will be there.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by dynicks(m): 6:20am On Feb 01, 2021
starbuck:

U heard from the right source.....he hails from our lineage .....too many smiles breeds insults..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 01, 2021
They must have learnt that propaganda cant get you anywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Princeton92(m): 6:21am On Feb 01, 2021
Okay na.... He's join the old team already, too soon sha
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Dozie32(m): 6:23am On Feb 01, 2021
Are you guys not tired the way I am, in this chibok girls of a thing? Nothing like chibok girls. No such thing existed.
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by RedChiefPriest: 6:24am On Feb 01, 2021
Let the lies Begin
I tire for this za kwantiri

1 Like

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Gkay1(m): 6:24am On Feb 01, 2021
abeg I tire for dis country
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by tomsongz(m): 6:25am On Feb 01, 2021
Oga o
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by solmusdesigns: 6:25am On Feb 01, 2021
I don't miss Gen Irabors press briefing as theatre commander of lafiya Doyle, he is very transparent

3 Likes

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Designvalue88: 6:26am On Feb 01, 2021
It is well
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by ec0malchemist(m): 6:27am On Feb 01, 2021
Cc
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by ClassicMan202(m): 6:27am On Feb 01, 2021
FTC this new month cheesy

If you like no believe, na you sabi undecided
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by moneyissweet(m): 6:28am On Feb 01, 2021
Two of una wear the same facemask na u give am abi na him give you?

starbuck:

2 Likes

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Sonnobax15(m): 6:28am On Feb 01, 2021
shocked
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 01, 2021
They know how to deny what may raise dusts off their misdeeds
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by orunto27: 6:32am On Feb 01, 2021
Good Report. Good Start. Well done Generals. Nigeria shall overcome.
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by farmsata(m): 6:32am On Feb 01, 2021
starbuck:

grin the guy dey laugh joor. He is very transparent tho, that's why I'm always afraid he is in the wrong profession. I never knew he will be honoured in this Nigeria.
I always thought he'd be retired from the service early for his juniors to be service chiefs

5 Likes

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 01, 2021
Irabor be careful before the Yorubas and Fulani terrorist sympathizers start calling for your head.

2 Likes

Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by Sunkyapogee(m): 6:40am On Feb 01, 2021
You better admit..
Re: General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno by yanabasee1(m): 6:41am On Feb 01, 2021
This one seems active..... And sincere..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mohammed Bello Faults IPPIS, Alleges Overpayment By Accountant-General / Okada Riders, ‘Agbero’ Clash In Ogun State / Just In: Abba Moro Granted Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.