Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence (16198 Views)

PDP Lawmakers Allege Plot To Impose Damagum As Party’s National Chairman / Youths Dragged Down Tinubu’s Banner In Ogun State (Photos) / Senate Moves To Whittle Down IGP’s Powers, Decentralises Police Structure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by bolaayenimo: 6:42am On Feb 01, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi

LAGOS – There is subtle but serious outcry among members of the Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) over an alleged move by the national leadership of the party to whittle down the influence of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the party’s national leader, in the ongoing member­ship registration, revalidation, and update exercise.

Key leaders of the party, who spoke exclusively to Dai­ly Independent on Sunday, said the national leadership of the party, led by Governor Mai Mala Buni of Yobe State, is car­rying out the exercise without Tinubu’s input despite the ma­jor role the former Lagos State governor played in making the party what it is today.

On January 23, the Care­taker and Extraordinary Con­vention Planning Committee of the APC, headed by Buni, announced the list of chair­men, secretaries and members of the Membership Registra­tion Committees for all the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, to conduct the registration.

For Lagos State, Dr. Mo­hammed Bashir Ruwan Go­diya is the chairman while Chief Anthony Ogah is the Secretary.

Other members of the committee are Hon. Abiodun Ambali, Tilewa Sijuwade, Ibrahim Isiaka, Abiodun Mafe and Wasiu Doyin Banjo.

The exercise formally kicked off on January 25 while President Buhari had his registration last weekend in Daura, Katsina State.

Speaking with our corre­spondent, a key leader of the party who is an ally of Tinu­bu said it is surprising why the national body of the party would send officials from Abu­ja to conduct the registration exercise in states.

According to him, it beats logic why governors, some of whom were in PDP when APC was formed, are at the forefront of the exercise while the found­ing fathers of the party like Tinubu are not carried along.

Reconciliation is a contin­uous exercise. It is more of a grassroots and ward thing.

“To many of us here, we don’t know why registration should be centralised and it is the national body that is now giving directives.

“They can give directives but why should they be send­ing officers from Abuja to come and conduct registration of members at states, local gov­ernments and ward levels? The president is talking about imposition, was he not more or less imposed on the party?"

“There are people who will account for the soul of the party. A political party is not formed by the generality of the people.

“It is formed by like minds, few people. After forming it, they come out with the mis­sion, vision, manifesto, and ideology. Then, people will start joining. Are you now saying those people who are pathfinders should not have any role to play?

“It is like that in developed democracies in Europe and America. I don’t know why that of Nigeria and APC is different".

See what they are doing to Asiwaju Tinubu, sending members from Abuja to come and conduct membership reg­istration in Lagos without his input.

“Could you do this to Awolowo in his days? Could they do this to the likes of She­hu Shagari, Adisa Akinloye, Adamu Ciroma in their days?

“Could they do this to Aziki­we or Sam Mbakwe in their days?

“I don’t know why they are turning things upside down. We know they are doing all this just because of one man, Asiwaju Tinubu.

“By the time they would have overdone it, they would realise that they have crippled the party and battered the structure.

“There must be leadership and leadership doesn’t end in NEC or NWC. The people who are leaders may be in the back­ground but they are the moral voice of the party.

“They form the party, they know why they formed the party. They have their agenda.

“So, because the party has now given birth to governors, senators and ministers, those who laboured to form the par­ty should now be pushed to the background or treated as if they are inconsequential? It is unheard of and that is our grouse in Lagos APC.”

Speaking from Abuja, a member of the Caretaker Committee, who also asked not to be named, said it is a lie for anyone to claim that the APC leadership is attempting to sideline Tinubu.

According to him, the Buni-led committee enjoys Tinubu’s backing.

“These people like crying more than the bereaved. Has Asiwaju ever said our com­mittee sidelined him or never carried him along?"

“If you recall, when we were inaugurated in June last year, one of our major assign­ments was to come to Lagos where we met Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

“Governor Buni himself led the delegation. We know the influence he wields in the party and we will never under­mine him.

“On the membership of the committee to conduct the registration exercise in Lagos, a member of the committee is Abiodun Mafe, a former coun­cil chairman in Lagos.

“Is he not Asiwaju’s loyalist? Did those complaining bother to find out why Mafe’s name was included in the list?”

Also speaking, another APC leader from the North­ern part of the country said the membership registration is crucial as it will foster trans­parency within the party.

“You see, the membership registration exercise is needed to clarify certain things. During the APC governor­ship primary of 2019, it was said that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu had 970,851 votes while (Akinwunmi) Ambode scored 72,901 votes.

“These are over one million votes by APC members but during the main election which was participated in by all Lago­sians, Governor Sanwo-Olu got less than 800,000 votes.That means something is wrong somewhere. That is one of the things the registration will address.

“Also, if you recall, few months ago, it was alleged that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu had seized the membership register of the party.

“They also alleged that the APC Registration Server had been based in the old ACN of­fice in Abuja since 2013 which Tinubu controls. If that is true, then it is unfortunate because no indi­vidual is bigger than the party.

“Let the party conduct a fresh registration and keep the documents. It is the property of the party, not an individu­al’s,” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/apc-membership-registration-lagos-party-leaders-allege-plot-to-whittle-down-tinubus-influence/

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 01, 2021
what other input does Tinubu want except to go and revalidate his APC membership? Tinubu is just one man with one vote like everyone else.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by helinues: 7:02am On Feb 01, 2021
Another one about Tinubu

This man must be so powerful oo

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by PureMe01: 7:04am On Feb 01, 2021
Our incoming president,2023...
President of LAGOS STATE chapter,Nigeria.
Sanwo-Olu: Vice President
I no need to explain

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by RichDad1(m): 7:24am On Feb 01, 2021
It’s so glaring that Tinubu is the candidate to beat in the presidential election in 2023 - should he decided to contest.
I dare anyone to name anyone to with more political influence in Nigeria today.
Tinubu the Enigma
Tinubu the sage
Tinubu the Jagaban
Tinubu the most powerful Asiwaju in the history of Nigeria.

Edit: I can see some pained shinrend of 8 & perditions quoting me to spit nonsense. grin grin grin
I asked a simple again, who’s more politically relevant more than him today ? cool cool

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by younglleo: 7:24am On Feb 01, 2021
Hmmm
Abeg 8yrs facebook dey oo
Jst 7k nd slightly negotiable
Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by aaamos(m): 7:24am On Feb 01, 2021
Cowards
Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by slawormiir: 7:24am On Feb 01, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...
Sounds like a good news..

I don first talk am say tinubus wings is gonna be clipped completely before 2023

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by yanabasee1(m): 7:25am On Feb 01, 2021
Can Tinubu's influence be whittled down that easily?

.. Because I can tell that he single handedly organize the hologram of APC membership of the entire west in his bourdilion...

I hope, June 12 will not replay itself in the future... I hope the southwest will not come up in the nearest future to sing his praise after betraying him today....

To much betrayal....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by XXLMANDIGO: 7:25am On Feb 01, 2021
undecided

Mschewwww

Before nko?
Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by southsouthking(m): 7:26am On Feb 01, 2021
Tinubu did not take the moral lesson of June 12 very serious, if not he wouldn't have teamed up with the abokis to bring Buhari to power.
Tinubu scored an own goal already, the handwriting is very clear.

Funsho Williams will be laughing very hard now.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by Poloyanabo2(m): 7:27am On Feb 01, 2021
Tinubu this, Tinubu that, the real niggahs are silent and making big moves while Tinubu loyalists keep making noise all over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by FalseProphet1(m): 7:27am On Feb 01, 2021
I see cracks in APC, I see the cracks getting bigger before 2023, I see APC breaking into so many pieces. This I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by MrOjay1(m): 7:27am On Feb 01, 2021
Tinubu is many things to different people but one thing everyone can't deny is that he's a man of great influence and power.

It would be nice to read an autobiography of this man to know how he has managed to stay this politically relevant for almost 30 years now.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by adebayo201: 7:28am On Feb 01, 2021
His problem... Mtcheeewwww

1 Like

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by noisy45(m): 7:28am On Feb 01, 2021
You can't trust the Northerners with politics they will deal with Tinubu by propping up someone in SouthWest that will be robbing shoulders with him. Make we dey watch.

14 Likes

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by kingbee90: 7:31am On Feb 01, 2021
Tinubu lost it the very day he decided to campaign and enforce a Fulani failure into power so he can take over from him in 8 years time.
What a DUMB MOVE!
A VERY DUMB MOVE...

8 Likes

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by Racoon(m): 7:32am On Feb 01, 2021
Thought they kept on hallucinating in their self-delusion that Tinubu is a political colossus and Iroko tree that cant be shaken? Thought baba is gonna become the next president because the SW will put him in the position?

Thought Baba made the lifeless man recognized June-12 for what it is which we all know is for political benefit? So why all these whining like children cut off from breast milk? Trust me, the bullion vans scandal 'll be resurrected Tinubu does not know or sense when he is being led to the slaughter ground.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by RichDad1(m): 7:33am On Feb 01, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see cracks in APC, I see the cracks getting bigger before 2023, I see APC breaking into so many pieces. This I have seen.
Y’all prophet of doom said more than this before the 2019 elections. cheesy cheesy
Keep wailing.

2 Likes

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by casppyjay: 7:33am On Feb 01, 2021
yanabasee1:
Can Tinubu's influence be whittled down that easily?

.. Because I can tell that he single handedly organize the hologram of APC membership of the entire west in his bourdilion...

I hope, June 12 will not replay itself in the future... I hope the southwest will not come up in the nearest future to sing his praise after betraying him today....

To much betrayal....
if he’s that good only stupidity will make people pity for him then it’s like u crying when u can’t tell why the crying man is crying out of joy or bereavement..
Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by Karemarealty288(m): 7:34am On Feb 01, 2021
those who laboured to form the par­ty should now be pushed to the background or treated as if they are inconsequential? It is unheard of and that is our grouse in Lagos APC.”

Are you thinking what am thinking?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by RichDad1(m): 7:35am On Feb 01, 2021
noisy45:
You can't trust the Northerners with politics they will deal with Tinubu by propping up someone in SouthWest that will be robbing shoulders with him. Make we dey watch.
As long as Tinubu is alive and still politically active, NOBODY can successfully upstage Tinubu in the SW. QED
Something a whole Obasanjo cannot do? cheesy
Their surrogates like Obanikoro , Ogunlewe, Bode George, Muiz Banire and others tried it even with FG backing they came back begging.
They tried using Fashola, he quickly realized their folly and came back to Tinubu.
And I’m sure the saboteur called Fayemi will end up disgraced. Because he’s trying to fight the power that made him.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by drlaykay(m): 7:37am On Feb 01, 2021
All these noises could even be a strategy by Tinubu himself. As at 2019, it was a big NO for many to vote for him. With the different stories about the plots against him, he's getting more popular in people's conscience

I don't trust that man!
He's a game changer.

3 Likes

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 7:37am On Feb 01, 2021
the bullion van thief don suffer grin cheesy

What's this dead vulture BBQ seller under me blabbing about

2 Likes

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:38am On Feb 01, 2021
Jagaban and Our darling Daddy right now........ grin cheesy wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 01, 2021
please,can someone that is knowledgeable enough,help me explain how this registration will have an effect on Tinubu
Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by Olominira(m): 7:38am On Feb 01, 2021
It's obvious that Tinubu is far more intelligent than average Nigeria politician. Because, why should someone who holds no position in govt, millitary etc be this powerful?
There's definitely something about him we don't know but politicians especially the so called presidency. The media is not helping either, Tinubu is mentioned more than Buhari on daily news

3 Likes

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by Okoroawusa: 7:39am On Feb 01, 2021
helinues:
Another one about Tinubu

Leave this people . They keep forming stories about Tinubu yet they will be the first to tell you how powerless he is.

I can authoritatively tell you that this story is a smoke out of the writer's imagination.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 7:43am On Feb 01, 2021
helinues:
Another one about Tinubu

Yes, powerful in your father's house

5 Likes

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by Lightorder: 7:46am On Feb 01, 2021
justosee:
what other input does Tinubu want except to go and revalidate his APC membership? Tinubu is just one man with one vote like everyone else.
they shouldn’t even register him again ! Are you people not TIRED of difficulties and nonsense!
They shouldn’t register danguje, uzodimma, even the president himself. We are tired of this men. All the old politicians.Whatever they have gain being in power is just for themselves and their families.
Happy New month to everyone on Nairaland.
God will make you to recover all that you have lost last year and since the year began.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by ThatFairGuy1: 7:48am On Feb 01, 2021
We love this incessant free campaign for our ONLY sellable son from The South...

#SouthernNigeriaAgenda

Re: APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 01, 2021
RichDad1:

Y’all prophet of doom said more than this before the 2019 elections. cheesy cheesy
Keep wailing.

And you know how many states they lost in 2019 due to crack.

Slave think na

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Keyamo: Tinubu Will Be Back In Nigeria ‘in A Couple Of Days / Tinubu Should Compensate Kwankwaso & Peter Obi, They Helped Him Become President / 17 Governors Plot Oyegun’s Removal As APC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.