Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,513 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Luis Suarez Laughs Last! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luis Suarez Laughs Last! (450 Views)

Anthony Joshua Trains Ahead Of Andy Rematch: "He Who Laughs Last Laughs Hardest" / Luis Suarez Gets New Tattoo Of Goal Celebration (Photos) / Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Luis Suarez Laughs Last! by nicestguy1: 7:48am On Feb 01, 2021
Luis Suarez needs no introduction.

He is known to be able to play as a main striker, second striker or at times on the wings for tactical reasons. No matter where this great attacker plays, he is known to churn out goals in almost every game he plays in.

Because of his pace, strength, work-rate, stamina and productivity, I have always put him in the same class as the versatile great Carlos Tevez…another goal-hungry beast on the football pitch.

The Uruguayan goal machine has been in the limelight of top-flight soccer since he bust into top-flight European football scene at Ajax in the 2007/2008 season. In his 1st season at Amsterdam Arena, he scored 17 goals and racked up 5 assists in 33 appearances for the Dutch giants. By the time he upgraded from Amsterdam to Anfield in 2010 for £22.8m, he had scored an impressive tally of 111 goals in 159 games (4 seasons)

At Anfield, he was unplayable. He became Liverpool’s talisman and led them to lift the EPL Football League Cup in the 2011/2012 season. He won many individual awards along the way and the most prominent then was winning the European golden shoe award in 2014, EPL golden boot in 2014, PFA player of the year in 2014 e.t.c. By the time he upgraded to Barcelona in 2014 for £64.98m, he had terrorized EPL and European teams with 82 goals in 133 appearances.

At Barcelona, in his first season he formed a formidable partnership with Neymar and Messi to become the highest scoring forwards in La Liga season with 122 goals. He scored 25 of those goals and assisted 20 of those goals which helped Barca lift a treble that season. Unfortunately, Neymar left shortly but that did not stop our Uruguayan goal machine from biting 198 goals from 283 games for the Catalan giants between 2014 – 2020. That is a 69% conversion ratio and very few strikers can achieve that feat.

Since his arrival at the Camp Nou, he has always been the highest goal scorer behind Lionel Messi even till his final season at Barca, so why did Barcelona let such a productive attacker move for nothing despite his irreplaceable value? There is currently a dearth of super-sharp strikers that meet Barca’s high standards so why did they let him go?

It is easy to point fingers at Ronald Koeman, Barca’s current manager but we also need to remember that Koeman would not have been able to offload Suarez if that decision did not get the blessings of Barca’s president and board.

Visit [url]https://ballerzfc.com/ [/url] to complete the article
Re: Luis Suarez Laughs Last! by paulolee(m): 8:12am On Feb 01, 2021
lolz...not surprised because we all know suarez is a well proven goal scorer even if he do looks very annoying and frustrating atimes...
I cnt blame koman for ditching him, the only fault I have with that crazy barca decision was allowing Suarez go for dt easily and reinforce ur rival when barca himself dont have a direct replacement and no plans to get a new striker..
thats totally insane n dts where koman got it all wrong because I even remembered Suarez begging to stay his last year n prove dt he still had a lot to offer but my barca said NO...
now he is on top of d league, scoring goals for fun n having d last laugh...dts life for for u..
Re: Luis Suarez Laughs Last! by Kapilta(m): 8:49am On Feb 01, 2021
Let him keep laughing last there. Good for him. Dude was literally useless for Barcelona. Wasted lots of goals, made Messi wasted lots of assists in his last seasons. Messi and Griezmann/Braithwaite combo is better.
Re: Luis Suarez Laughs Last! by nicestguy1: 2:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
Kapilta:
Let him keep laughing last there. Good for him. Dude was literally useless for Barcelona. Wasted lots of goals, made Messi wasted lots of assists in his last seasons. Messi and Griezmann/Braithwaite combo is better.

No doubt. Where Barca got it wrong was letting him go for free. They could have renewed his contract and sold him this January for a fee
Re: Luis Suarez Laughs Last! by nicestguy1: 2:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
paulolee:
lolz...not surprised because we all know suarez is a well proven goal scorer even if he do looks very annoying and frustrating atimes...
I cnt blame koman for ditching him, the only fault I have with that crazy barca decision was allowing Suarez go for dt easily and reinforce ur rival when barca himself dont have a direct replacement and no plans to get a new striker..
thats totally insane n dts where koman got it all wrong because I even remembered Suarez begging to stay his last year n prove dt he still had a lot to offer but my barca said NO...
now he is on top of d league, scoring goals for fun n having d last laugh...dts life for for u..

Barcelona has made many stupid decisions since 2005 just to make Messi happy. I will like to see Barca after Messi retires grin

(1) (Reply)

Bet9ja 49ja Rainbow 2+ Trading / Barnsley Vs Blackburn With The Best Prediction / Uefa To Scrap Away Goals Rule In European Competition After 56 Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.