Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments (5419 Views)

Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside / Different Types Of Pregnant Nigerian Women - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by BigCabal: 2:49pm On Feb 01, 2021
With all the hormones flying about during pregnancy, it is no surprise that pregnant women end up doing some very funny things. So, we asked people to share the funniest experiences they have had pregnant, and those they have witnessed.

Odion, 56
One day while I was pregnant I had this sudden urge to lick ice cream. It was a bit different from the 2am fried yam cravings. I felt like if I did not have ice cream, I would die. My husband’s friend had to help me buy ice cream. When he asked how much of the ice cream I wanted, I gave him a paint bucket and told him to fill it up. When he brought it back, I licked so much ice cream I passed out and woke up in the hospital.

Angel, 37
I could not eat stew made with a blender. I would come back home from work, remove my jacket and bring out the grinding stone. After grinding my tomatoes and pepper, I would give to my sister to cook for me. It had to be grinded with a grinding stone, and I had to be the one to grind it. My sister kept complaining because we had a blender, but that was the only way I would eat.

Amaka, 31
When I was pregnant I could only eat food with a small spoon. When my husband brought me indomie with a fork, I started crying. I told him that he didn’t love me and I threw the indomie at him. Now, I can admit that I was being a bit dramatic.

Bisi
My sister made a grilled sandwich when she was pregnant with her second baby. It was in her hand and she was so excited to eat it that she started to cry because she knew it would taste good. She was just crying with the sandwich in her hand

Continue: https://www.zikoko.com/her/8-nigerian-women-on-their-funniest-pregnancy-moments/
Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by nicho450(m): 2:53pm On Feb 01, 2021
Funny

1 Like

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Nobody: 5:13am On Feb 02, 2021
I just can't get past the fact that only pregnant wives of doting monogamists have these 'uncontrollable' cravings. Millions of co wives, as well as teenage and unwed mothers; carry their pregnancies to full term (the unwed mothers even evade detection long enough to dump them in hostel toilets) without anyone hearing about any cravings or early morning sicknesses. Makes me believe that they are either faked to get favours/attention, or actually controllable, but exaggerated; again to get favours/attention.

It is all about psychological manipulation of the poor long-suffering husband.

9 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by cococandy(f): 5:42am On Feb 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
I just can't get past the fact that only pregnant wives of doting monogamists have these 'uncontrollable' cravings. Millions of co wives, as well as teenage and unwed mothers; carry their pregnancies to full term (the unwed mothers even evade detection long enough to dump them in hostel toilets) without anyone hearing about any cravings or early morning sicknesses. Makes me believe that they are either faked to get favours/attention, or actually controllable, but exaggerated; again to get favours/attention.

Wow. Nine long months of something you have no understanding how it feels; but it must be about getting to manipulate you.

The self conceit.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Nobody: 5:46am On Feb 02, 2021
cococandy:

Wow. Nine long months of something you have no understanding how it feels; but it must be about getting to manipulate you.

The self conceit.

Abegi. Nine months this and nine months that. Holding it like a sword over someone's head. Pregnancy can't pass the bloated feeling you get when you eat 4 wraps of fufu, then your friend buys N10k suya and you have to help in finishing that too.

Please explain logically why women who have no expectation of attention, or who do not want to attract attention to their pregnancy, never get cravings, or at worst; control them very effectively.

7 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by cococandy(f): 6:07am On Feb 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Abegi. Nine months this and nine months that. Holding it like a sword over someone's head. Pregnancy can't pass the bloated feeling you get when you eat 4 wraps of fufu, then your friend buys N10k suya and you have to help in finishing that too.

Please explain logically why women who have no expectation of attention, or who do not want to attract attention to their pregnancy, never get cravings, or at worst; control them very effectively.

@ bold. I know right? Seeing as you have a perfectly valid personal experience to draw from.

You want me to “logically” explain to you why women who want to hide their pregnancies never get cravings or manage to control them. Because you & I have met all of them and know for a fact that they didn’t find a way to indulge in their cravings, haven’t we? That’s how we know they never did. undecided

If you are ignorant about something, ask like someone who actually wants to learn. Don’t be cocky in your ignorance. It’s irritating. Asking me to “logically” explain something to you when your question is devoid of basic logic.

And no not all pregnant women get cravings. Some don’t have appetites for anything and even have to be supported on parenteral nutrition. For those who do/did, you don’t get to tell them how it felt.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 02, 2021
cococandy:

@ bold. I know right? Seeing as you have a perfectly valid personal experience to draw from.

You want me to “logically” explain to you why women who want to hide their pregnancies never get cravings or manage to control them. Because you & I have met all of them and know for a fact that they didn’t find a way to indulge in their cravings, haven’t we? That’s how we know they never did. undecided

If you are ignorant about something, ask like someone who actually wants to learn. Don’t be cocky in your ignorance. It’s irritating. Asking me to “logically” explain something to you when your question is devoid of basic logic.

And no not all pregnant women get cravings. Some don’t have appetites for anything and even have to be supported on parenteral nutrition. For those who do/did, you don’t get to tell them how it felt.

You mean they can indulge their cravings without making a scene? How nice. Then why don't single wives of doting monogamists do that as well? It all comes back to attention seeking whichever way you twist it.

Now that you brought that up, it is also ironic that unwed mothers never seem to need parenteral nutrition. The first thing you hear of their pregnancy is finding a baby dumped in the hostel toilet. No, I haven't met them all. But if you say you've heard of a teenage unwed mother waking her father up at 3 am to buy suya for her uncontrollable cravings, I'll believe you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by cococandy(f): 7:11am On Feb 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

You mean they can indulge their cravings without making a scene? How nice. Then why don't single wives of doting monogamists do that as well? It all comes back to attention seeking whichever way you twist it.

I’ll remind the next pregnant wife of the nearest “doting” monogamist I know to check with you before they do something about their own cravings . That way you’ll stop assuming that they don’t.

Now that you brought that up, it is also ironic that unwed mothers never seem to need parenteral nutrition.

how would you know that? Do you treat women with hyperemesis gravidarum? If no one amongst your family or friends had it and had to be hospitalized or required to check in weekly for parenteral nutritional support, is there a reason on earth why you would know whether unwed mothers get it or not?
You think married mothers are self-inducing continuous nausea and vomiting to the point of developing severe malnutrition or even esophageal varices for your (male) attention? The self conceit.

The first thing you hear of their pregnancy is finding a baby dumped in the hostel toilet. No, I haven't met them all. But if you say you've heard of a teenage unwed mother waking her father up at 3 am to buy suya for her uncontrollable cravings, I'll believe you.

You think it appropriate to compare a scared child to a grown woman living in her own home freely without fear that her parents will disown her for being pregnant?
While one may suffer in silence, the other has no reason to.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Oizee(f): 10:20am On Feb 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

even the unwed ones also have that crazy cravings for somethings, but they wl control it cuz they are being endured wherever they are instead of being celebrated.... some will even pretend and manage the morning sickness very well and people around dem won't even detect....our environment or circumstances determines the level of behavior most times....

4 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Richy4(m): 10:24am On Feb 02, 2021
That Amaka's case was so funny... I'm just trying hard to imagine the husband's face smiley
Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Twenty8: 10:50am On Feb 02, 2021
After all the trouble they put their husband through they will now be committing paternity fraud.
Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
Zikoko and their woke ideology.

I always knew they had this radical feminist ideology but did not they supported and wrote articles about homosexuals.

The BuzzFeed of Nigeria. And no, that's not a complement
Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by mariahAngel(f): 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

You're unbelievable!

To be honest, you're very unkind and lack empathy, and I can't help but feel sorry for any female around you.

11 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
mariahAngel:

You're unbelievable!

To be honest, you're very unkind and lack empathy, and I can't help but feel sorry for any female around you.

Actually, I'm very kind and empathic. I just have a phobia for being scammed. And I don't like it when people pretend to me as I don't ever pretend to people. Maybe you could say I'm exceptionally mistrustful, especially of the women folk, but that's because over time, I've learnt from experience that they pretend a lot, even when they are outwardly angels; and even when there is no actual need to do so.

For example, what you just said to me, not only do I not find it offensive at all, but I actually appreciate it, because insulting as it is meant to be, I know it's what you truly believe about me, erroneous as it is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by crackhaus: 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
Amaka, 31
When I was pregnant I could only eat food with a small spoon. When my husband brought me indomie with a fork, I started crying. I told him that he didn’t love me and I threw the indomie at him. Now, I can admit that I was being a bit dramatic.
Okay this was a little bit extra... Scratch that, this was a whole mile of extra.

What was she thinking?

Seems to me she had been nursing grudges and then found a way to use her silly cravings as an excuse to act. grin

I don't believe a lot of these women are normal... this isn't even a misogynistic thing to say, it's just obvious.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by crackhaus: 4:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Actually, I'm very kind and empathic. I just have a phobia for being scammed. And I don't like it when people pretend to me as I don't ever pretend to people. Maybe you could say I'm exceptionally mistrustful, especially of the women folk, but that's because over time, I've learnt from experience that they pretend a lot, even when they are outwardly angels; and even when there is no actual need to do so.

For example, what you just said to me, not only do I not find it offensive at all, but I actually appreciate it, because insulting as it is meant to be, I know it's what you truly believe about me, erroneous as it is.
Lmao... cheesy

No wonder she once accused you of being me, or is it I of being you. Lol

I can actually see my fingers typing something like this.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Liposure: 4:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
Pregnant Women are something else. This goes to show the inconveniences of motherhood.
Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by JovialJune(f): 5:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

And you say you're married? Nawa o

5 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
JovialJune:

And you say you're married? Nawa o

My wife learnt not to play such tricks on me early in life. In her first pregnancy, when we were about 3 or 4 months married, she was trying to force me to buy her suya late at night (the reason why I always use that late night suya analogy). My mother was even supporting her, can you imagine? I just chuckled at both of them, very helpfully fetched my wife's car keys and tossed them on the table for them to go and buy whatever they wanted. They took one look at the dark empty streets outside and the suya craving miraculously disappeared (praise the Lord). I was never asked again, either during that pregnancy or any other thereafter.

Me that did all the work putting in the baby, I didn't wahala anybody to buy me suya.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
crackhaus:

Lmao... cheesy

Don't you just hate it when people try to play a fast one on you?
There is no physiological, anatomical or biochemical explanation for the pregnancy cravings that women supposedly get. Personally, I believe in science. I love science. As long as there is no satisfactory scientific explanation; and there currently is not; I'm taking any such stories with a big pinch of salt; in fact, a big bag of salt.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by mariahAngel(f): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Believe me, I didn't mean it as an insult, just saying it as it is.

Judging by your words, it's not hard to tell that no woman can feel protected around you.

6 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by azeeza(f): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

My wife learnt not to play such tricks on me early in life. In her first pregnancy, when we were about 3 or 4 months married, she was trying to force me to buy her suya late at night (the reason why I always use that late night suya analogy). My mother was even supporting her, can you imagine? I just chuckled at both of them, very helpfully fetched my wife's car keys and tossed them on the table for them to go and buy whatever they wanted. They took one look at the dark empty streets outside and the suya craving miraculously disappeared (praise the Lord). I was never asked again, either during that pregnancy or any other thereafter.

Me that did all the work putting in the baby, I didn't wahala anybody to buy me suya.
you try! you and your wife did the work. be fair brother.
Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by mariahAngel(f): 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
crackhaus:

Lmao... cheesy

Of course, you can see yourself typing something like that...only say you dey learn work where Risenphoenix dey.

At least, you're a tiny bit considerate.... sometimes

1 Like

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
mariahAngel:

Believe me, I didn't mean it as an insult, just saying it as it is.

Judging by your words, it's not hard to tell that no woman can feel protected around you.

Because I'm not servile? I will literally die protecting my womenfolk, when they deserve it. But I will not ever be scammed.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2021
azeeza:
you try! you and your wife did the work. be fair brother.

Abegi.
Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Klass99(f): 5:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
smiley

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by cococandy(f): 6:13pm On Feb 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Don't you just hate it when people try to play a fast one on you?
There is no physiological, anatomical or biochemical explanation for the pregnancy cravings that women supposedly get

Just off the top of my head.(feel free to actually read up on this topic if your ego will let you).
Reasons why some women may get cravings during pregnancy.

1) The placenta. The placenta is the chief cause of chemical imbalance in a woman’s body during pregnancy. It secretes several hormones that help to support and keep the pregnancy viable. One of the major side effects is change in taste buds. This change can cause cravings for things different than what normally constitutes her regular diet. A tiny bit of what the placenta does. A tee at tiny bit. Read more on it.

2) Nausea. Can cause cravings for sour/salty & spicy substances. In a bid to get rid of sick taste in the mouth caused by vomiting.

3) Nutritional deficiencies. (Major cause of cravings). The growing fetus will take what it needs to grow and thrive, inevitably leaving the woman with less to nourish herself. Common deficiency is iron, vitamin Bs and D complexes amongst others. Women find themselves craving dirt, loving the smell of earth, eating clay and things that they normally wouldn’t. But are often rich in minerals and vitamins. Many women don’t know why they crave the things they do, but the brain knows what they body is lacking and drives a sense of desirability towards those things in other to feed itself. It’s honestly not about you SIR. The amazing human body in its glory knows how to direct its resources in a bid to sustain itself with or without our minds approval.

Personally, I believe in science. I love science. As long as there is no satisfactory scientific explanation; and there currently is not; I'm taking any such stories with a big pinch of salt; in fact, a big bag of salt.

If you love science that much, reading a little about things you know nothing about wouldn’t be that difficult.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by cococandy(f): 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2021
Usually sweetie. Usually.

I’m just feeling very personal about it at this moment. grin

Klass99:

Lol grin,

Dear Coco, there are certain monikers, discussions, back & forth arguments you shouldn't bother getting involved with.
Because it will be a waste of precious time, a brain drain cos of the profoundly opinionated, unintelligent, toxic and zero value comments/posts such monikers put out.

I jump and pass a lot of that these days and don't bother arguing with internet strangers wey get ITK plus oversabi for body and are unable to engage without animosity or an antagonistic attitude.

I enjoyed reading your comments though, the maturity with which you flawlessly put jackasses in their place without insults or vile speech, is a badass move I need to learn. Respect!!!

4 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by jnrbayano(m): 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
cococandy:
Usually sweetie. Usually.

I’m just feeling very personal about it at this moment. grin

Okay lipsrsealed
Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by cococandy(f): 6:35pm On Feb 02, 2021
jnrbayano:

Okay lipsrsealed

O gini?
Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Vyolet(f): 6:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
I always find it funny when some boys feel they know women better than women.
You've never been pregnant and you can never be pregnant, why run around the topic like you know it all.

6 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments by Vyolet(f): 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
Every pregnancy differs, sickness, cravings, weakness or anything comes at different periods for different women.

While some women are usually agile and can do chores conveniently, some may be advised to be on bedrest, some can crave for the weirdest things ever, some don't even crave for anything at all, it all boils down to the individual.

It is not every woman that is dramatic or manipulative, everything does not revolve around men.
When you are pregnant, your survival and that of your baby comes first even before you think of any man.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gender Vanguard! / How Do I Tell Hubby I Want My Sick Brother To Come To Lagos / Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.